Swapping 4rd and 5th button - wording?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
krzysiunet
New User

Swapping 4rd and 5th button - wording?

Post by krzysiunet »

Hello!

I'm using two mouses and unfortunately one if them has reversed buttons. Easy task, check in options of XMBC swapping of buttons. Well, it seems so, but no.

Later I realized it swaps not the buttons, but the actions of buttons. So:

I have profile for MPC-HC (media player) and I haven't any default profiles. So this makes following cases:
* Non-swapped buttons (option swap 4rd and 5th button unchecked):
** By default non-swapped - 4=4, 5=5
** In MPC-HC non-swapped -4=4, 5=5

* Swapped buttons:
** By default non-swapped - 4=4, 5=5
** In MPC-HC it's swapped - 4=5, 5=4

The way to get it fixed, would be set default profile which makes simulated keystrokes for 4rd and 5th button. 4rd would simulate clicking of the 4rd, 5th of the 5th and by reversing, it would work.

Here are my propositions:
* Make it really swap buttons, not only actions, i.e. it doesn't matter if you have default profile or profile for application, just let it work (which seems to be the way how other option works - when one checks option 'better precision of cursor', it's always more precise, not only in apps with profiles)
* Just change the words: swap the actions of 4rd and 5th button

Again and again and again. Thanks a lot. Since I've got XMBC for the first time, it got so nice to use, so friendly.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Swapping 4rd and 5th button - wording?

Post by phil »

Urm, yes, when the swap 4th and 5th button option is enabled, XMBC injects a button 4 action when button 5 is pressed and a button 5 action when button 4 is pressed.

I think what you are saying is that when nothing is set to the button action for 4 and 5 ("nothing, don't intercept") it does not swap as expected. In this case, I guess your point about terminology makes sense. I have raised an issue in my bug tracker and will have a look and see how easy it would be to ignore the message and re-inject a new message for the other button - it should work. If not, I can change the wording!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
krzysiunet
New User

Post by krzysiunet »

Thanks a lot! That's exactly what I mean.

I need to work on my English, too many people thinks what I mean instead just knowing. So sorry and thanks for your time to understand me. No sarcasm, I'm serious :)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Its often tricky to get your point across in a different language (I couldn't do it myself!!!) - in contrast, I think your post was pretty clear, if a little long :).
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Having looked at the code, I'm afraid that the solution to swapping buttons when "No change" is set is going to be tricky - not so much if both buttons are set to nothing, but if only one is, then swapping becomes a problem - because I will have to inject and cancel the source button, but when I inject, XMBC ignores the injected buttons (does not process them). Therefore I'm thinking that the best course of action is to change the wording to "Swap 4th and 5th button actions"?

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--