{ALT}{F4} Closes All Windows!!

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
xlook
Dedicated

{ALT}{F4} Closes All Windows!!

Post by xlook »

Having a hard time closing a window using {ALT}{F4}. When I use it with the right button in chording with the right tilt wheel, all windows are closed. I just want to close one window not all. How do I fix this?
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Re: {ALT}{F4} Closes All Windows!!

Post by injtsvetkov »

Probably the problem is in the "tilt" action (it sends the command repeatedly). Try it with different button combination (e.g. RMB+LMB or RMB+MMB) to see what happens, if it works like it should (closes only one window) then most certainly the problem is in the "tilt" behaviour and you need to lower the "Ignore repeated horizontal scroll" number in "Scrolling and navigation" tab.
HAMA Mirano
Windows 8.1 x64, Intel i5-3230M @ 2.60GHz, 4GB
xlook
Dedicated

Post by xlook »

injtsvetkov wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:38 pm you need to lower the "Ignore repeated horizontal scroll" number in "Scrolling and navigation" tab.
Yes I did that and it works. But it doesn't work well with closing windows explorer instead the button combo does something strange: it activatesn the drop down of the location bar for a split sec. Strange. What do you suggest?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hi XLook,

What version of windows are you using? I just tried to mimic your configuration (right button chord with tilt right set to sim keys {ALT}{F4}) on my Windows 10 desktop and it seems to be closing the windows explorer windows just find with that.

If you are on a different version of Windows, I can try and reproduce on a VM to see if its repeatable before coming up with a solution/suggestion.
If not, then I wonder if there is something else at play - maybe you could PM me a copy of your profile so I can run that here to rule out any other different options/setup, and then we can perhaps go down the debug logging route to see if XMBC is doing anything unexpected to cause the location bar to dropdown (that's really odd!).

When you have this problem, is the location bar have keyboard focused or not (or does it make no difference what has focus within explorer)?
I'm also running the latest beta of XMBC (2.17 Beta 3) so there is a small chance this may be something already addressed in the beta run - you can always grab the beta from the forum sticky beta thread if you want to check with that).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
xlook
Dedicated

Post by xlook »

phil wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:53 pm Hi XLook,

What version of windows are you using? I just tried to mimic your configuration (right button chord with tilt right set to sim keys {ALT}{F4}) on my Windows 10 desktop and it seems to be closing the windows explorer windows just find with that.

If not, then I wonder if there is something else at play - maybe you could PM me a copy of your profile so I can run that here to rule out any other different options/setup, and then we can perhaps go down the debug logging route to see if XMBC is doing anything unexpected to cause the location bar to dropdown (that's really When you have this problem, is the location bar have keyboard focused or not (or does it make no difference what has focus within explorer)?

Thanks,
Phil
Hi Phil,

Its always a pleasure to speak with you. Regarding my issue I think the problem lies with my mouse itself. Its been having issues for the past 2 weeks ever since I found battery acid leaking from its batteries which is affecting the circuitry.

I’m in the process of replacing my mouse. Excuse the interruption. As soon as I get a new mouse and test it I will let you know of any issues. Thank you very much for your help and producing one of the best apps in windows history. Take care my friend!