X-Mouse Button Control 1.44

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

X-Mouse Button Control 1.44

Post by phil »

Hello all.

A bug was reported with v1.42 & 1.43 where the simulated keystrokes were not working properly in the setup dialog for RIGHT-X

I hope now that this version will be stable and I wont need to rush another update out in the near future (I need to spend some time on other things!). Sorry for all the recent updates, but I guess its to be expected with some major changes to the underlying code (XML setting file etc.)

For a full version history, see the change log

The downloads are at the usual location and mirror.

NOTE: If you have problems installing as an upgrade, please try removing the previous version first. Sometimes the installation can seem to take a long time with no progress. Please don't press cancel, it should finish eventually

Thanks
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Torrente

Re: X-Mouse Button Control 1.44

Post by Torrente »

Damn that was fast. Thanks man!
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

We aim to please :)
I hope the next version will be a little longer coming - only because I hope this one is stable!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
leomaks
New User

Post by leomaks »

"Ctrl+C" FINE WORK in Russia !!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks
I know - for some reason, it was Russian I selected when I fixed and tested it :) Probably because I noticed the user that reported the problem had a Russian email address and made some assumptions about what the problem may be.

Thanks for the feedback :)
leomaks
New User

Post by leomaks »

==Portable mode (in Russia )))==
1. install in programm files
2. Copy folder "X-Mouse Button Control" to "d:\"
3. uninstall
4. run "d:\X-Mouse Button Control\XMouseButtonControl.exe"
5 see error: initializing error (0xc0150002) For exit press OK
haxy27
New User

Post by haxy27 »

Left, Right x Boton, is out of order genius ergo 525 laser mause.
Tilt Wheel , is out of order PS2.
Tilt Wheel OK USB
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

haxy27 wrote:Left, Right x Boton, is out of order genius ergo 525 laser mause.
Tilt Wheel , is out of order PS2.
Tilt Wheel OK USB
Hi,

When you say "out of order" do you mean it does not work, or it is the wrong way round.
If you mean "does not work" then I ask if the buttons do anything in Windows without XMBC loaded? Usually the 4th and 5th buttons are BACK/NEXT in explorer/IE/Firefox by default. If they do not do anything there, then XMBC will never be able to use them (See the FAQ 'Can you add support for more buttons?')

I'm not at all surprised the tilt wheel does not work on PS2 - does it ever work with PS2 and no drivers installed. I believe the USB HID drivers are required for tilt support and there is nothing I can do about that. Again to test this, (in vista - XP does not support the TILT wheel so XMBC will never use tilt on XP,2003 or earlier) see if the default tilt action works when on PS2 (to scroll windows horizontally). If not, XMBC will not work either.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
leomaks
New User

Post by leomaks »

USB mice "A4tech wop-35" have 2 wheels.
1st works "up-down"
2d works "down-up"
If I use usb-to-ps/2 adapter all wheels work "up-down"
=====
Can you by programm change scroll direction of 2d wheel ? (Notebooks have not ps/2)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hi,
As I dont have such a mouse, it is impossible for me to answer that question. I suspect that it will not be possible without drivers for the mouse (and then what's the point of XMBC) but I cant be sure without trying it - which I cant do without that mouse. I hope you understand the problem here.

Please understand that XMBC is a "hobby" and I cant go off buying every mouse under the sun to test some little feature of it.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Torrente

Post by Torrente »

Today I wanted to play Resident Evil 4 with XMBC and it didn't work. RE4 doesn't have support for mouse at all. Then I tried Pro Evolution Soccer 6 which also doesn't have mouse support at all and XMBC didn't work. Is there a solution for these kind of games? It seems that XMBC works just with games that have (or partially) have mouse support? Maybe something with the hook? Hmmm
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

When you say "does not have support for the mouse at all" what do you mean... You cant usually use the mouse for these games - at all? I've never seen a modern game that does not use the mouse!

How do you normally control the game?
If its the keyboard, are you saying that simulated keystrokes does not work? If so, I have had other people say that some games do not like the simulated keystrokes that XMBC generates but so far it has not been a problem on any game I have tried. What keystrokes are you trying to simulate?

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Torrente

Post by Torrente »

I'm trying to simulate E, F, U, I, O ... Yes, for these games you can't use the mouse at all. RE 4 is one of the worst ports (to PC) ever made (no mouse support for an action game, come on) and the second game is a soccer game so ...
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hi Torrente,

Wow... Games that can't use the mouse... how last... ---- urrrrr when was the mouse invented???! :shock:

I will try and get hold of RE4 to see what I can find. But I suspect it may employ anti-key injection techniques. As for the "soccer" (no, lets get things straight here, Its football not soccer [at least where I come from] :)) game, yes I am familiar - not personally by my brother is (or used to be) rather addicted to such games.

I will let you know what I can find out. Cant promise too much right now... there is far too much footie on telly :)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Torrente

Post by Torrente »

In my country it's football too, but Konami named it soccer probably not to confuse Americanos.
Anyway, I've found a "patch" for RE4 which enables 4 mouse buttons (not configurable) and mouse aim which, of cource, is not as it should be. But more important there is a source code http://myweb.polyu.edu.hk/~06896726d/fi ... Src_20.zip . So maybe you can see is that "hook part" of the code general or RE4 specific. Also I notice something strange. This MouseAIM consists of 2 dll-files and an exe. When I put just DInput8.dll in the game directory and launch XMBC that MouseAIM thing works, I mean XMBC is acting like a substitute for DInputHook.dll and Loader.exe. [put here main theme of The X Files]

And please I know you are busy so if you want to do it, do it when you really have time .

Thanks
Clonic
New User

Post by Clonic »

cool 1.44 I searched for a long time for alternative setpoint.
But on mine Logitech G5 in windows x64 are not appointed the left and right wheel of an inclination :( why?