X-Mouse Button Control 1.44

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: X-Mouse Button Control 1.44

Post by phil »

Sorry, what do you mean "not appointed the left and right wheel of an inclination".
And that version of Windows x64? XP or Vista? The tilt wheel is only supported in Vista and later because it needs native OS support in order for XMBC to see it.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Torrente wrote:In my country it's football too, but Konami named it soccer probably not to confuse Americanos.
Anyway, I've found a "patch" for RE4 which enables 4 mouse buttons (not configurable) and mouse aim which, of cource, is not as it should be. But more important there is a source code http://myweb.polyu.edu.hk/~06896726d/fi ... Src_20.zip . So maybe you can see is that "hook part" of the code general or RE4 specific. Also I notice something strange. This MouseAIM consists of 2 dll-files and an exe. When I put just DInput8.dll in the game directory and launch XMBC that MouseAIM thing works, I mean XMBC is acting like a substitute for DInputHook.dll and Loader.exe. [put here main theme of The X Files]

And please I know you are busy so if you want to do it, do it when you really have time .

Thanks
Whoa, that is some funky stuff you have found there. It seems that MouseAim emulates a direct input joystick device in order to fool the game into thinking the mouse is some kind of joystick! If that is the only way to make this game work with a mouse, then there is little I can do in XMBC to make it work :s

The code looks interesting though - nice find! I don't understand how XMBC can work as a substitute for the mouseaim loader, are you sure you were not running the loader too? Unless maybe that DInput8.dll lets the game accept injected keystrokes - but that wouldnt make any difference with mouse aiming - very strange.

I will try and have a closer look but no promises.
--[ Phil ]--
Torrente

Post by Torrente »

Sorry, my mistake. The damn thing (DInput8.dll) works even without XMBC, which means that it really fools the game that the mouse is a joystick. Then obviously Loader.exe is a configuration GUI for setuptool.ini (RE4 ini file), but still whatta hell is DInputHook.dll .

They only had to make the game recognise mouse device and XMBC will work. But noooooo, it's so hard to do it, even for game menus. Btw, only 5 people ported this game to PC.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Torrente wrote:Btw, only 5 people ported this game to PC.
There is your problem then :)
Maybe if there is enough outrage (and there seems to be a lot of people on the net complaining about this) they will fix the problem in a patch... Then again, maybe not :|
--[ Phil ]--
Aero
New User

Post by Aero »

First of all, X-Mouse is awesome!

I have a quick question that someone may be able to answer quickly. I'll breifly explain what I'm trying to accomplish. I currently use a program that forces me to hold the "\" key down and click mouse button to make marks on maps. I was hoping to do away with holding the "\" button down to free up my left hand. :cry:

Does X-Mouse allow one to combine a simulated keystroke and a mouse button together?

I have seen Logitech software such as Setpoint that allows you to append a keystroke on the front of any mouse button, and wondered if I could do the same with X-Mouse.

Thanks!

~Aero~
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Yes it should allow this.
Use the "Simulated Keystrokes" and you can specify:

Code: Select all

\{LMB}
That might work, if not let me know and I will try and look into it.
If it does not work, let me know what program are you using - if its free, maybe I can try and recreate the situation.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
avenged
New User

Post by avenged »

how to set up numlock8 at right x button/ left x button?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Try {NUM8} :wink:
Does that do what you want or not?
--[ Phil ]--