XMBC 2.17 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC 2.17 Beta

Post by phil »

OK here is 2.17 Beta 6.

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.17 Beta 5:
  • #518 - Add ability to block other buttons in sticky movement to scroll.
  • #517 - Fixed a bug leaving movement to scroll/lock axis when XMBC disabled by scroll lock/RDP.
  • #516 - Modified the movement to scroll to allow the user to lock the scroll direction.
  • #515 - Fixed some missing and broken translation texts.
  • #513 - Fixed a few more issued related to the new "Button Held Time Dependent Action" configuration.
There are new translation strings in the translation pack for 2.17 beta 6.

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

phil wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:06 amdo you mean in combination with hold - I can see how the sticky movement and hold may be a problem, but it should cancel anyway if the profile changes, I'll take a look at that too.
Well move to scroll as held action is still bugged. It doesn't cancel while changing the profile too. It doesn't remember what axis lock is chosen. It stops also changing the cursor while in this mode or change it for a moment only and returns to normal in new beta. But normal move to scroll works perfectly at least... :P
phil wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:50 pmI think I can either block all buttons when movement to scroll (sticky) is active, or I can make any button cancel the sticky... (i.e. not block but cancel the sticky)? I suppose I could make it an option to block all buttons... and if that option is disabled, any button will cancel the sticky movement to scroll?
Yeah it works great, but for one thing. Mouse buttons cancel the mode but it also performs the action for that button. Could you make that they wouldn't perform their actions while canceling the mode? And I wonder if scrolling should cancel the mode also?

Besides that I wrote above and the held timer everything else seems to be fixed. Thanks for new functions too. :mrgreen:
Oh, you didn't add the custom text for held actions. Did you forget or changed your mind?

PS. The Beta 6 is called Beta 5. :?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

maxoku wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:51 pm Well move to scroll as held action is still bugged. It doesn't cancel while changing the profile too. It doesn't remember what axis lock is chosen. It stops also changing the cursor while in this mode or change it for a moment only and returns to normal in new beta. But normal move to scroll works perfectly at least... :P
I didn't make any changes here yet because right now, I dont understand how the profile can change whan you are in change movement to scroll - the cursor does not move so how does your profile change?
EDIT: Ahh, of course.. "switch to other window/process e.g. with alt-tab" missed that nugget of information.. Hadn't thought about switching with the keyboard lol.
maxoku wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:51 pm Yeah it works great, but for one thing. Mouse buttons cancel the mode but it also performs the action for that button. Could you make that they wouldn't perform their actions while canceling the mode? And I wonder if scrolling should cancel the mode also?
That's more tricky, I could to it, but only if I cancel the sticky on mouse up (not mouse down) because if I block the mouse down, and then the mouse up arrives, it could cause more trouble - and quit frankly, that is not worth spending a lot of time trying and resource to avoid...
maxoku wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:51 pm Besides that I wrote above and the held timer everything else seems to be fixed. Thanks for new functions too. :mrgreen:
Oh, you didn't add the custom text for held actions. Did you forget or changed your mind?
Neither. Just haven't done it yet.
maxoku wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:51 pm PS. The Beta 6 is called Beta 5. :?
Yeh, I changed the version number but forgot the string - no big deal, will fix next time round.
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

phil wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:33 pmThat's more tricky, I could to it, but only if I cancel the sticky on mouse up (not mouse down) because if I block the mouse down, and then the mouse up arrives, it could cause more trouble - and quit frankly, that is not worth spending a lot of time trying and resource to avoid...
I don't understand that. What is mouse up and down here? Maybe while being in the mode 5 mouse buttons could change temporally their actions to cancel the mode and return to their normal state after leaving the mode?
phil wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:33 pmNeither. Just haven't done it yet.
Oki, just checking :angel: . I'll be waiting. :P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

maxoku wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:21 pm
phil wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:33 pmThat's more tricky, I could to it, but only if I cancel the sticky on mouse up (not mouse down) because if I block the mouse down, and then the mouse up arrives, it could cause more trouble - and quit frankly, that is not worth spending a lot of time trying and resource to avoid...
I don't understand that. What is mouse up and down here? Maybe while being in the mode 5 mouse buttons could change temporally their actions to cancel the mode and return to their normal state after leaving the mode?
Mouse down = pressing the button
Mouse up = letting go of (releasing) the button
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

phil wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:28 pm
maxoku wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:21 pm
Mouse down = pressing the button
Mouse up = letting go of (releasing) the button
Really? I think it should be the opposite :P . Nevertheless it feels like it is set to cancel the mode on press and on release it performs normal action right now. And yeah, you're right to cancel the sticky on release, that might fix the problem. :wink:
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

yes right now it cancels on down, and still actions the down. The only other way to do it, cancel on UP and therefore not perform the action is "easy" (so I will try that) anything else is a right pain and not worth it....
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK here is 2.17 Beta 7.

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.17 Beta 6:
  • #520 - Fix stack overflow crash when changing layers.
  • #518 - Only cancel stick movement to scroll when (if block buttons not set) when any other button is released.
  • #516 - Release movement to scroll when changing profiles or windows (by keyboard eg. ALT+TAB).
  • #513 - Added ability to set description of the "Button Held Time Dependent Action" (for drop-down).
There is one new translation strings in the translation pack for 2.17 beta 7.

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

Great new beta, thanks Phil. :mrgreen:
Move to scroll works properly in held menu now, but it have some issues when I try to set it at first. I need to do it few times or/and restart XMBC before it's properly set. And if I set move to scroll for held middle button then simple click of middle button doesn't work to deactivate the mode. The same with other buttons. Did you do it on purpose?
It would be nice if in description field "Button Held Time Dependent Action" wouldn't appear automatically, it should be blank.
hooddy
New User

Post by hooddy »

Hi there. Thanks for your app. I've an Logitech K400+ multimedia keyboard with no Scroll Lock button. So I'm in stuck with this. Please add some alternative to Scroll Lock button.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Global hotkeys can already be used as an alternative (you can setup a global hotkey to enable/disable XMBC).
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

maxoku wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:53 pm Great new beta, thanks Phil. :mrgreen:
Move to scroll works properly in held menu now, but it have some issues when I try to set it at first. I need to do it few times or/and restart XMBC before it's properly set. And if I set move to scroll for held middle button then simple click of middle button doesn't work to deactivate the mode. The same with other buttons. Did you do it on purpose?
It would be nice if in description field "Button Held Time Dependent Action" wouldn't appear automatically, it should be blank.
I didn't do that on purpose, but I cant reproduce the effect you are describing - can you give a little more detail please in case I have misunderstood the problem. Edit: Ahhh do you mean button held with change movement to scroll after a delay? I see that is not working quite as expected!

I will change the default description to blank too :)
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

I'll describe the problem again just in case :P . After setting the held middle button for move to scroll I hold it to enter the mode. In the mode any mouse button besides middle button deactivates the mode. I need to hold the middle button (like for activating) to leave the mode. It would be nice if simple click of middle button would deactivate the mode like the rest of buttons. I tried the same with right button and it was the same with the right button as well.

And I wonder If you could add a description field for sim keys too? I mean if it was blank then it would be the same like now showing which keys are set, but if anyone would add anything then it would replace it to the custom description. Maybe the same for chording too. Not pushing, just wondering. :P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

maxoku wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:06 pm I'll describe the problem again just in case :P . After setting the held middle button for move to scroll I hold it to enter the mode. In the mode any mouse button besides middle button deactivates the mode. I need to hold the middle button (like for activating) to leave the mode. It would be nice if simple click of middle button would deactivate the mode like the rest of buttons. I tried the same with right button and it was the same with the right button as well.
Thanks - I think I have found and fixed that (along with the sometimes not working, having to restart bug - it wasn't saving properly, and was somewhat random as to if it would work or not!)
maxoku wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:06 pm And I wonder If you could add a description field for sim keys too? I mean if it was blank then it would be the same like now showing which keys are set, but if anyone would add anything then it would replace it to the custom description. Maybe the same for chording too. Not pushing, just wondering. :P
That's not a bad idea, I will add it in the next beta!
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK here is 2.17 Beta 8.

Changes since v2.17 Beta 7:
  • #522 - Add ability to set description for drop-down button chording and simulated keystrokes.
  • #521 - Fixed a bug when saving movement to scroll from button chording and time dependant actions.
  • #513 - Default button held time dependant action description to empty string.
There are no changes to the translation template for 2.17 beta 8.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--