XMBC 2.17 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC 2.17 Beta

Post by phil »

Yes, I think you are right - I failed to update that bit in the manual for 2.16.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
BriHecato
Dedicated

Post by BriHecato »

Beta'ing with you guys :)
Let the PC do the hard work = AHK + C# + HTML/CSS/JS + XMBC + Clavier+ + AutoLisp + VBA/OOB
solarplex
New User

Post by solarplex »

Is there any documentation on randomizing WAITMS?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

No, in fact never-mind documentation, there is no ability to randomize {WAITMS} full stop.

The only randomization option you have is to to randomize the auto-repeat delay, that is, when using methods 6 & 7, you can tell it to make the delay random, in which case it shifts the configured delay +-10%. This option has no impact on the {WAITMS} tags (maybe it should!).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK so here is 2.17 Beta 2.

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.17 Beta 1:
  • #498 - Fixed accelerator and tab order on movement to scroll window.
  • #505 - Fixed "Please enter a number between 200 and 8000" message on general settings (increased maximum to 20000)
  • #506 - Fixed a bug causing the lock screen to open when running XMBC (on some windows installations).
There are no language template changes for 2.17 beta 2.

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
alexdoan3011
New User

Post by alexdoan3011 »

Is it possible to program the mouse to send different input on pressing and releasing a button? I have been looking for a way for my middle mouse button to input {SPACE} first, then {LMB} when pressed, then release {SPACE} first, before releasing {LMB} when releasing the mouse button, otherwise the program (Foxit PDF Reader) will receive an additional {SPACE} at the end of the sequence and will act to it (jumping page).
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

you could try sim keys, method during
{press}{space}{release}{space}{LMB}
or
{press}{space}{LMB}{release}{space} (but I think that will release the space after the LMB).

It might work, I'm not sure!
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK so here is 2.17 Beta 3.

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.17 Beta 2:
  • #512 - Fixed issue with logging that caused the millisecond filed to be out of step (appear to go backwards).
  • #511 - Modified DURING simkey behaviour to respect the delay WAITMS tags when releasing the button.
  • #510 - Added logging at start-up and shutdown of mouse cursor speed. Added debug logging when cursor speed changes.
  • #509 - Modified chord behaviour to allow other buttons to be used while a chord is in place.
  • #508 - Added ability to activate the window on hover (profile specific option).
There is one new translation in the language template for 2.17 beta 3.

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
ChowGuy

Post by ChowGuy »

Maybe I'm just missing something on the SIMKEY; using 2.16.1 now with dual monitors with different orientation and trying to set up a chord to switch the active window and pointer to the alternate screen. I can set up both functions with keystrokes, burt software I'm currently using switches the cursor by absolute position only while the window is placed by relative position. I;d like to be able to have the cursor track the position relative to the window, using a save/restore, but there does not seem to be an ASAVE/AREST option.

Any Chance of adding those in the beta?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Save/restore is a temporary storage - for remembering the cursor position while you move it, using the various mset/pset/aset commands so you can effectively put it back where it was when you are done. The save is not persisted (and was never meant to be persisted), so I'm not quite sure what you are trying to achieve, but it sounds like save/rest are not suitable. Can you try and explain a bit better because I think I may have missed something obvious!

When you say "but software I'm currently using switches the cursor by absolute position only while the window is placed by relative position" do you mean XMBC or some other software?
--[ Phil ]--
ChowGuy

Post by ChowGuy »

The sofftware Is SSMM (Dual Display Mouse Management (available on SouurceForge ([url=https://sourceforge.net/projects/ddmm/]) which provides keyboard shortcuts that I'm sending via XMBC.
Save/restore is a temporary storage - for remembering the cursor position while you move it
Precisely. In this case however the window under the cursor is being moved to another display monitor (on the extended desktop) by one shortcut, then the cursor is switched to that display by a second. However, the cursor movement is relative to the monitor, not the active window, and therefore change change it relative position.

What I'm thinking is a command sequence likw "{ACTIVATE{ASAVE}}<swap window><jump mouse>{AREST}

where the swap/jimp commands are by Simkeys to DDMM, not something XMBC needs to handle directly.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK so here is 2.17 Beta 4.

Changes since v2.17 Beta 3:
  • #514 - Sim key tag {ESC} should act the same as {ESCAPE}
  • #513 - Added "Button Held Time Dependant Action" to perform different actions by how long the button is pressed.
  • #510 - Modified the code to use the "override mouse speed" settings in the default profile if no other profile is active.
The significant new feature is #513, a new action for performing different things for short and long clicks, in fact you can choose up to 4 actions for the button, depending on how long you hold it down for. This is going to take some significant testing - so anyone wanting to help out and test it will be appreciated.

There are new translations in the language template for 2.17 beta 4, mostly to do with the new 'Button Held Time Dependant Actions' window.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

That new option is great. I've made a quick test and it seems to work perfectly. :D
But few comments on that.
First that you should remove that "Button Held Time Dependant Actions" option from it's own window while it doesn't do anything :roll: .
The second is that when I click on the config button for this window and click cancel the button disables :| .
The third thing is that my dictionary is marking word "Dependant" and want to correct it to "Dependent". :P
Nevertheless thanks for that new option. I've already found some uses for it. :mrgreen:

Edit: Some new issues for translation. "Normal Click" seems not to being translated. Space for "Held for" is too short for Polish translation. :?
In the template you didn't write that's is for beta4 and you didn't mark any changes for beta4. I only found a new section at the end of file that I tried to translate. You're not really making this easy for translators. :(

PS. Could you add a close (x) button to title bar of simulated keys window? :angel:
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

maxoku wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:19 pm That new option is great. I've made a quick test and it seems to work perfectly. :D
But few comments on that.
First that you should remove that "Button Held Time Dependant Actions" option from it's own window while it doesn't do anything :roll: .
I don't understand what you mean by this?
maxoku wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:19 pm The second is that when I click on the config button for this window and click cancel the button disables :| .
I'll have a look at that one - thats not how it should be!
maxoku wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:19 pm The third thing is that my dictionary is marking word "Dependant" and want to correct it to "Dependent". :P
You are right. Dependant is a valid word but it means someone who depends on another (e.g. a child) (according to the UK English thesaurus in Word). So I should be using Dependent. I'll fix that!
maxoku wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:19 pm Edit: Some new issues for translation. "Normal Click" seems not to being translated. Space for "Held for" is too short for Polish translation. :?
In the template you didn't write that's is for beta4 and you didn't mark any changes for beta4. I only found a new section at the end of file that I tried to translate. You're not really making this easy for translators. :(
Sorry, missed that, I'll update the translation. If I remember, I'll try and get the translation helper tool working with older .net so you can use that too (I keep forgetting that one).
maxoku wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:19 pm PS. Could you add a close (x) button to title bar of simulated keys window? :angel:
Probably :)

Thanks for the feedback.
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

Phil. Well, if I choose from main window for a button option "Button Held Time Dependant Actions" the new window of that option is opened. Then I can choose options for normal click and held for some time option just like in the main window. Problem is that the option "Button Held Time Dependant Actions" is still there and it doesn't open any new window, so that's why I said it doesn't do anything. :lol:
You should remove that option in the held window like you removed chording option from chording window. By the way you should remove the held option from chording window also, while it doesn't do anything there too. :P
I hope you'll understand now. I can do some screenshots, but I'm too lazy today. :lol: