Red Dragon Gaming Mouse and X Mouse

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Bigvaughn
New User

Red Dragon Gaming Mouse and X Mouse

Post by Bigvaughn »

Hi, I have a Red Dragon Mammoth mouse which has mouse button 4 and 5 keys however the drivers used with the mouse have these naively bound to ctrl and alt, or also media keys. I read on a random steam page that X - Mouse can rebind these key to just be the normal Mouse 4 and Mouse 5 however I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it, they didn't care to explain either. In a fresh install of X - Mouse clicking these keys doesn't even register on the layers tabs like right click and left click does (the highlighting when a button is pressed) I looked through the faq and have went up and down the options so either i'm blind or something went right over my head. My goal is just to set the buttons to register as a normal mouse button 4 and 5.
Thank you for your time.

Original Steam thread - https://steamcommunity.com/app/730/disc ... 714309177/

Quote - "What program should I use in order to set those buttons??"
"X Mouse Button Control....set those side buttons as Mouse click 4 and Mouse Click 5"
phil
Site Admin

Re: Red Dragon Gaming Mouse and X Mouse

Post by phil »

First thing to try, remove the driver and use the default windows HID device driver. Does the mouse also have software? you may try disabling/removing that too?

You need to figure out how to get the mouse back to being a default mouse device that sends default mouse messages, then XMBC should work!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)