Feature Request - Emulate 3rd (middle) button

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
JBA474
New User

Feature Request - Emulate 3rd (middle) button

Post by JBA474 »

Thank you for a great freeware application. I'm using XP 64 bit as an OS and not a lot of mouse software works. Yours works great! I was wondering, when you have a chance. I would appreciate it if you could add a feature to emulate a 3rd (middle) mouse button click when you hold down the left and right mouse buttons down together. Forgive me if this has already been requested but the search didn't seem to bring anything up and I can't seem to find any other freeware via Google either...

Thanks in advance
-Jesse
phil
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request - Emulate 3rd (middle) button

Post by phil »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I believe it has been suggested before but probably via email, not the forums.
The problem with this is the same I have for any dual button actions. How to detect them and interpret them as a dual button action rather than unique left / right action.

Right now, the software only modifies a single button action. The prime reason for this limitation is that by the time I intercept the message, its too late to start adding further delays to work out if the intended click is a single, or combined click. ie. I would need to remember the previous button AND time how long between that press and this press. Further to that, I would not be able to report either click until I was sure what was happening and had worked out if it was a left, right or dual. This would lead to an unwelcome delay to all mouse button presses and also introduce much more scope for error and clicks being missed completely.

Sorry I cant be more optimistic about this one, but I hope my explanation makes sense as to why XMBC does not support this sort of function.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)