Hiding icon in v 2.15.00 - Could not find any recent post about this

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
4c3T

Hiding icon in v 2.15.00 - Could not find any recent post about this

Post by 4c3T »

Hi. I'm fairly new to XMouse. I love it though!
First off: I did do a search, but only found a few posts regarding betas...

Usually I just install it, configure it to use middle button for double click, and that's pretty much it.

Anywhoo, I'm currently running Win 7 (Since I'm on an old crappy laptop and Win 10 is to slow to run on it), and I thought it'd be nice to hide the icon since I'm not using the apps settings much. I found what I'm thinking is a bug:

When I right-click the icon in the system tray and select "Hide" it refuses to do so. I opened up the program main window and did the same again. Still nothing.

But, when I opened the option window and once again right-clicked the icon and selected "Hide" it did. Minor problem. Could have lived with that, how ever - After reboot, the darn icon is back!

I'd love to see this option in settings under either the tab "General" or "Advanced".
phil
Site Admin

Re: Hiding icon in v 2.15.00 - Could not find any recent post about this

Post by phil »

That's odd, I just tried it in 2.16 (the latest) and it works as expected - the hide menu item hid the icon immediately.

After turning off "Show tray icon by default" the icon does not show when XMBC starts. NOTE: If you run XMBC twice, it will show the icon - by design.
Maybe on reboot you are running XMBC twice (without realizing it?). Can you check you startup items and make sure XMBC is not in there twice - I think you have to use MSConfig to do that on Windows 7 (if I recall correctly).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
4c3T

Post by 4c3T »

Yeah... My apologies. Seemed like my Windows 10-install was quite F.U.B.A.R, as it wasn't, as it turned out, the only program that were malfunctioning =0/
:chaos:
Damn Windows 10 to be so different to XP. One tends to wonder what drugs they're taking at Microsoft to pollute an Operating system with that much potential, with all of that crap (Apps the screws the whole system up!) and the folders left and right which inherently also will screw everything else the hell up.

Damn, I hope they'll release a cross between XP and 10 next time and get rid of all this nonsense! :cry:
They were definitely on the right track with XP. :shock:
dianhart
New User

Post by dianhart »

hello, still have the same problem.
I can hide the systray icon for the actually windows 10 session. but after every restart or standby mode, the systray icon is back. I use Windows 10 1709. I tried newest beta and official release version.
I can see, in the profile xml I can read: <TrayIcon Show="false" /> and that should be right.

How can I disable the icon for every time?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I don't know what to suggest.
Its working as expected here on Win 10 (creators update 1709) with the latest beta and I haven't changed anything in this area for a while so I dont know why it wouldn't be working for you.

EDIT: I just signed out, let me try restarting too.
EDIT2: Working here after a reboot too :(
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)