Bug with disabling mouse buttons 4+5??

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
LOG3
New User

Bug with disabling mouse buttons 4+5??

Post by LOG3 »

Hey guys,

I think I have found a strange bug, maybe its already known, maybe its not.
I like this porgram very much as it helped me solve a long lasting problem I had.
Maybe you can help me?

I have push-to-talk (for TS3) on my Mouse4 button and it annoyed me the most that this button is also used as 'backwards' in all browsers. So when Im in the browser and speaking, it would automaticly go back one webpage. I have tried disabling this function in browsers but to no avail, its hardcoded somewhere in the drivers apparently and I can only disable the button completely in the mousedriver, which I don't want.
So I was very happy that I could selectively disable these buttons for specific programs with X-MBC.

Now I think I have found a strange bug. When it happens my PC isn't registering mouseclicks and mouseover actions. I can still move the mouse, I can still use Mouse4 to talk. But when I hover over anything that should register the mousepointer, it doesn't. For example, hovering over another open program in the task bar, the program should get highlighted. Also clicking left or right does nothing. The PC doesn't freeze, everything else works as it should. I can hit CTRL+ALT+DEL but then I still can't highlight/click on any option although the mouse moves without problems or lags.
The problem resolves itself if I wait for around 10-20 seconds.

I think it has to do with this program, never encountered the problem before. I also suspect that it gets triggered when I hold down Mouse4 button for a longer time and I suspect it has something to do with actions or commands getting queued up and blocking others maybe?
----------------
My Setup:

Im using X-Mouse Button Control v 2.15
I added firefox.exe and steam.exe as applications and 'disabled' Mouse4 and Mouse5 in both.
In the 'Global Settings' in general tab I unchecked every check box and set default layers to 1.
Everything else is untouched.

Using Win7 Prof.x64
Mouse is Logitech G502
Logitech Gaming Software 8.57.145 installed
No other mouse related software installed
phil
Site Admin

Re: Bug with disabling mouse buttons 4+5??

Post by phil »

HI, XMBC does not queue up any actions except simulated keystrokes. For disable, it simply returns from the mouse hook saying the message has been handled without doing anything, so as not to be passed on further.

Can you please enable debug logging (settings/logging tab) and then try to reproduce the problem - once you have, please send me the debug log file via PM or email.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
LOG3
New User

Post by LOG3 »

I have since been trying to capture the bug. It was hard, because once the bug activated I couldn't open the settings and start the logging. This bug seems to be rare also, happens around once a day (I'm using the PC for min. 6h daily). But today managed to capture it!

More findings:

1. The bug seems to always trigger while I am either in the firefox or steam window (my only 2 profiles in XBMC). I don't know if push-to-talk on Mouse4 button has anything to do with it, I am always in Teamspeak and I always use this button..

2. Once the bug happens, the current application, namely fireofox or steam, WILL react to all mouseclicks! I only notice the bug because my mouseactions are not getting registered in any other application/windows once I try to switch to them or close the firefox/steam window.

3. Exception is, the other profiled program!! If the bug triggers while I am in firefox, my MOUSEOVER actions are registered in steam! ONLY the mouseovers though, I can highlight buttons and thats it! If the bug triggers while I am in steam, firefox still registers my mouseovers! No other applications manage to register mouseovers.

4. As a workaround I hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and navigate to Task Manager via the keyboard. Once I hit enter and Task Manager opens, the bug is gone!

5. While the bug is active, the push-to-talk button still works and I can talk in teamspeak.
----
I send you the logfile via EMAIL since it is too big for PM!
I cut out the debugging infos from other days with failed attempts, but only the detailed logging. You have all the normal infos available.
----
Log-Infos:
The bug happenned on 18-05-2017 while I was browsing firefox. I can't say when exactly it started or how long it lasted. I suspect it started maximum a few minutes before! So you best start from the end of the log.

Once I noticed the bug I clicked around windows/firefox/desktop a few times and tried to click on other open programs in the taskbar to test mouseover/mouseclics. I also minimized firefox and switched to other programs using alt+tab.
The bug stopped at time 22:47:30.0388 when I opened Task Manager via keyboard.

Hope this helps. From what I can see there are no errors in the logs, but to me it looks like it didn't register all the HWND changes?
BriHecato
Dedicated

Post by BriHecato »

First - Uninstall LGS. I'm a ex-user of G502 Proteus Spectrum mouse (I gladly abandon this device for some reasons) and theres one thing sure - use XMBC or LGS, but not both of them.
In LGS you should be able to write all the macros you needed and link it to aplication exe file profiles. You will benefit from additional keys that XMBC cannot recognize, but you will not be able to rebind some buttons.
Let the PC do the hard work = AHK + C# + HTML/CSS/JS + XMBC + Clavier+ + AutoLisp + VBA/OOB
LOG3
New User

Post by LOG3 »

BriHecato wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 1:32 pm First - Uninstall LGS. I'm a ex-user of G502 Proteus Spectrum mouse (I gladly abandon this device for some reasons) and theres one thing sure - use XMBC or LGS, but not both of them.
In LGS you should be able to write all the macros you needed and link it to aplication exe file profiles. You will benefit from additional keys that XMBC cannot recognize, but you will not be able to rebind some buttons.
I don't think I can do that. There is really only one feature I need, I have the "thumb" button set to "Mouse4". This is the button I use for Teamspeaks push-to-talk. Since that button isn't a generic mousebutton it is not recognized in Teamspeak without LGS. If there is any way to keep the binding or use another tool for that, I would gladly uninstall LGS.

I also patched XBMC which didn't help so I decided to try without XBMC. The bug doesn't happen when XBMC doesn't run, so it is related somehow. I will try to run XBMC without LGS, but I really need LGS becase of that one binding.
---------------------
Edit: I tried exiting the LGS software and the bindings and all the settings still apply!! Either they are saved to hardware or seperately from the software. I don't know if I can uninstall it, but from now on LGS doesn't run on my PC and Im running XBMC again to see if the bug now appears or not!
---------------------
Seems I jumped to a conclusion earlier...
Bug appears even without LGS running. I think it is more likely to appear the more I use the thumb button on the mouse. Recently I had days without using it and the bug didn't trigger. Maybe it is the custom binding, that I did in LGS, which is still active even when LGS is closed?