Could use a NO-OP option

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Sync
New User

Could use a NO-OP option

Post by Sync »

Nice little app, BUT-- it could really use a real "Do Nothing" (but DO intercept). The whole reason I needed this is because center-mouse click tends to occur accidentally while using the scroll wheel and that's been REALLY annoying. Since I never use the center button for anything anyway, all I want to do is completely DISABLE it so that it will be just a scroll wheel and nothing else. What I ended up doing is using "Media - Stop" because I usually don't have media running on this box, or if I do I'm probably not scrolling so it seemed like the most "do nothing" option I could find. But I was rather surprised to find there's no option to *really* Do Nothing (because your "Do Nothing" actually DOES SOMETHING-- it passes the event through-- does whatever is the default for the button).

I'm not alone looking for some way to disable a mouse button, and in particular the center button-- perhaps there's another way but I found others asking the question out on the web and finally got the idea to look for alternative mouse "drivers" (I realize yours isn't a driver, but it came up in such a search anyway, and seems to address the problem)...

I would also think some people might want to configure a keystroke sequence-- though I realize that's a bit more troublesome to implement, I would think a real Do Nothing would be pretty simple...

--

Sync
phil
Site Admin

Re: Could use a NO-OP option

Post by phil »

Maybe I'm missing something but that is what the "Disable" action is for :)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Re: Could use a NO-OP option

Post by phil »

I'm not sure what you mean in your last sentence..
I would also think some people might want to configure a keystroke sequence-- though I realize that's a bit more troublesome to implement
If you mean send a sequence of keys when you press a mouse button, you can already do that - its called "Simulate keystroke" and you can put as many keys as you want in there!

Thanks again,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)