XMBC 2.16 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC 2.16 Beta

Post by phil »

maxoku wrote:It's paste under the cursor (ctrl+v), but you can do the same with copy too if you like :P .
The point is, that the {Activate} tag might help you by activating the windows under the cursor prior to performing ctrl+c or ctrl+v

???
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

phil wrote:
maxoku wrote:It's paste under the cursor (ctrl+v), but you can do the same with copy too if you like :P .
The point is, that the {Activate} tag might help you by activating the windows under the cursor prior to performing ctrl+c or ctrl+v

???
Nevermind it works :D , but if window is already focuses it will unfocus the window :/. The update didn't work I downloaded the installer :/. And you forgot to fix previous bugs too :/.
JTB3
Dedicated

Post by JTB3 »

phil wrote:"{ACTIVATE} Tag" Done it already :) - it nice and easy!
Question is, do I release a new beta without the "documentation" in the simkey window - in case it does not work and then is not worth doing all the translations....

.... Yes I think I do - and if it works (you can confirm) I will add the documentation to the simkey window tomorrow!

Prep for 2.16 beta 16....
Tested: The {ACTIVATE} tag works great! - just as expected! I needed to first add this new tag/symkey to the 'Middle button' of my 'Default' profile. I now have the pleasure of updating a dozen other custom profiles to take advantage of this! I'll report back if any other niggles show up...

Great work and many thanks Phil! :) -JT
System: Win10 Pro-x64 v1702+v1607, Intel i7-7700K (Z270) + i7-4771 (Z87)
Logitech M570 Wireless (5-Button) Trackball + M705 (5-Button) Marathon Mouse
[Bay Area, California]
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

maxoku wrote:Nevermind it works :D , but if window is already focuses it will unfocus the window :/. The update didn't work I downloaded the installer :/. And you forgot to fix previous bugs too :/.
What previous bugs - this topic is too crazy to find things now, and in any case, chill out! I found 30 minutes to do this, risking being late for work tomorrow. Your going to have to get used to the way things work here, its my time and I will spend it how I please and I certainly dont appreciate being rushed or criticized for not doing something (as I thought you would have realized by now). I try to fix things, but not everything is clear and not everything can be fixed in 30 minutes - I and in no way am I obliged to do any of this!

What didn't work about the updater? The DNS version records can take up to 24 hours to replicate so maybe it just needed more time? Or did it detect a new version, download it and then fail?
JTB3 wrote:Tested: The {ACTIVATE} tag works great! - just as expected! I needed to first add this new tag/symkey to the 'Middle button' of my 'Default' profile. I now have the pleasure of updating a dozen other custom profiles to take advantage of this! I'll report back if any other niggles show up...
Please check Maxoku's point about if the window already has focus for me.
--[ Phil ]--
JTB3
Dedicated

Post by JTB3 »

JTB3 wrote:Tested: The {ACTIVATE} tag works great! - just as expected! I needed to first add this new tag/symkey to the 'Middle button' of my 'Default' profile. I now have the pleasure of updating a dozen other custom profiles to take advantage of this! I'll report back if any other niggles show up...
Phil wrote:Please check Maxoku's point about if the window already has focus for me.
I'm not experiencing any issue if the window is already active - It just continues to remain activated (focused) as one would expect. All is working perfect so far :) I'm not sure how maxoku is using the new tag, so It's hard for me to validate his statement.
[Bay Area, California]
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

phil wrote:
maxoku wrote:Nevermind it works :D , but if window is already focuses it will unfocus the window :/. The update didn't work I downloaded the installer :/. And you forgot to fix previous bugs too :/.
What previous bugs - this topic is too crazy to find things now
What didn't work about the updater? The DNS version records can take up to 24 hours to replicate so maybe it just needed more time? Or did it detect a new version, download it and then fail?
It was saying that I have the latest version. Well, previous betas was updating immediately after you posted.

You should take notes regularly lol. I posted them about week ago :P .
In short: Accelerators you were suppose to fix are more messed up. Rate accelerator gives an OK function and still some bugs with underlining. Pressed button issue is also on Win7 (classic style). A scrolling problem on Win8.1 in tray icons settings.
JTB3 wrote:I'm not experiencing any issue if the window is already active - It just continues to remain activated (focused) as one would expect. All is working perfect so far :) I'm not sure how maxoku is using the new tag, so It's hard for me to validate his statement.
It's probably again only for XP. :( The problem is that it will keep the window unfocused how much I'll do it. But it seems it only makes that for the titlebar that it changes color to unfocused one, the window itself is still active though. Edit again: It seems to unfocus window afterall. One profile that I set to work only while active stopped that sim key to work when I added that tag. :(
JTB3
Dedicated

Post by JTB3 »

maxoku wrote:Edit again: It seems to unfocus window afterall. One profile that I set to work only while active stopped that to work when I added that tag. :(
Checking the 'Only send if profile's process is active' box will, of course, render the {ACTIVATE} tag useless! The tag only has utility when a window (process) is inactive and the cursor is hovering over an inactive window. :)
[Bay Area, California]
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

JTB3 wrote:
maxoku wrote:Edit again: It seems to unfocus window afterall. One profile that I set to work only while active stopped that to work when I added that tag. :(
Checking the 'Only send if profile's process is active' box will, of course, render the {ACTIVATE} tag useless! The tag only has utility when a window (process) is inactive and the cursor is hovering over an inactive window. :)
Nevermind, it was about scrolling under cursor. The point stays that I can't use that function^^. Unfocusing the window after every use is too much annoying. :?
JTB3
Dedicated

Post by JTB3 »

phil wrote:Here is 2.16 Beta 16...
Changes since v2.16 Beta 15:
  • #488 - Add {ACTIVATE} simkey tag to activate the window under the cursor (note: probably wont work in portable version).
  • #487 - Add ability to save/restore up to 10 cursor position {MSAVE:x} {MREST:x}.
There are no changes to the translation template since 2.16 beta 15 BUT if these changes work, the simkey window text will need to be updated in the next beta.
The {ACTIVATE} tag kicks ass!
Lot's of extra testing. Working GREAT on ALL of my profiles - zero isssues! (perhaps there is a quick fix for maxoku's XP issue - can you confirm it? I don't have a copy of XP)
Thx Phil !!! -JT :cheers:
[Bay Area, California]
JTB3
Dedicated

Re: XMBC 2.16 Beta 16 {ACTIVATE) Tag Issue

Post by JTB3 »

Hi Phil,
I just discovered (only) one, moderately-critical issue with the new {ACTIVATE} symkey tag.
It is easily reproducible (and hopefully easily corrected).

Normal File Explorer (explorer.exe) windows are responding strangely to the command XMBC is sending with the {ACTIVATE} window command - ONLY WHEN THE CURSOR IS HOVERING OVER THE MAIN (DirectUIHWND) DISPLAY WINDOW (See Image Below - Highlighted in RED)
Screenshot.png
To demonstrate/reproduce the issue, simply add the following simkey commands to the 'Middle Button' in either the 'Default' profile or a custom "Explorer.exe' profile: {ACTIVATE}{ALT}{F4} - Save it. Then simply hover over the highlighted explorer window area and click the Middle Button...

* The first time the {ACTIVATE}{ALT}{F4} commands are sent, the highlighted area goes blank, and the explorer window title bar becomes de-activated.
* The second time the {ACTIVATE}{ALT}{F4} commands are sent, the highlighted area remains blank and the window reactivates.
* The Third time the {ACTIVATE}{ALT}{F4} commands are sent, the window finally closes.
* Hovering over ANY other section of the window activates and closes the window normally.
* It doesn't matter what profile is responsible for sending the {ACTIVATE} command.

This is the ONLY window/process where I've seen this quirky behavior - all others seem fine! The temporary workaround is to simply not hover and click in the highlighted area.

Any help in resolving this quirk is much appreciated!! I'm happy to test...
-JT :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[Bay Area, California]
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

maxoku wrote:You should take notes regularly lol. I posted them about week ago :P .
Yes, sometimes I just have more interesting things to do in life :).
I spent no time on XMBC last week. I'm not used to so many bug reports lol.
I have now added these to the bug tracker!
maxoku wrote:In short: Accelerators you were suppose to fix are more messed up. Rate accelerator gives an OK function and still some bugs with underlining.
I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to fix the accelerators now though - they are "special" label fields... I may have to just remove them we shall see :(
maxoku wrote:Pressed button issue is also on Win7 (classic style).
As I thought I had explained before, I have had so many problems with the drawing of those buttons, I don't want to change them out of fear of making it "much worse" again - previously the buttons simply disappeared randomly on all OS's (and generally I couldn't recreate it here) and I dont want to risk going back to that.
maxoku wrote:A scrolling problem on Win8.1 in tray icons settings.
That one I simply dont understand. Need a clearer example so I can try and reproduce it here.
maxoku wrote:
JTB3 wrote:I'm not experiencing any issue if the window is already active - It just continues to remain activated (focused) as one would expect. All is working perfect so far :) I'm not sure how maxoku is using the new tag, so It's hard for me to validate his statement.
It's probably again only for XP. :( The problem is that it will keep the window unfocused how much I'll do it. But it seems it only makes that for the titlebar that it changes color to unfocused one, the window itself is still active though. Edit again: It seems to unfocus window afterall. One profile that I set to work only while active stopped that sim key to work when I added that tag. :(
I'll see if I can figure this one out - no reason it should be any different on XP as its pretty standard stuff. I'll try on XP and other OS's to see if I ca reproduce, when I get some time.

<rant>
The biggest thing to remember, I'm not going to try and fix every bug in every beta or in any particular order. Get used to it, that's just how it works. Some people have been waiting for year for features (that may or may not ever get implemented). Yesterday I found 30 minutes after being inspired by JT's post. I wasn't intending on even looking at XMBC over the bank holiday, then I added two new features before immediately got criticized for not doing something else.

XMBC is free and is a hobby of mine, something I do in my spare time, not something I rely on to make a living or am committed to 100%.
</rant>
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

JTB3 wrote:Hi Phil,
I just discovered (only) one, moderately-critical issue with the new {ACTIVATE} symkey tag.

Normal File Explorer (explorer.exe) windows are responding strangely to the command XMBC is sending with the {ACTIVATE} window command - ONLY WHEN THE CURSOR IS HOVERING OVER THE MAIN (DirectUIHWND) DISPLAY WINDOW (See Image Below - Highlighted in RED)
I'll try and take a look tonight after work.
--[ Phil ]--
JTB3
Dedicated

Post by JTB3 »

phil wrote:
JTB3 wrote:Hi Phil,

I'll try and take a look tonight after work.
Much appreciated Phil, I Know how busy you are and how valuable your spare time is!
Hope your work day goes smoothly! :) -JT
[Bay Area, California]
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

phil wrote:
maxoku wrote:In short: Accelerators you were suppose to fix are more messed up. Rate accelerator gives an OK function and still some bugs with underlining.
I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to fix the accelerators now though - they are "special" label fields... I may have to just remove them we shall see :(
Then revert the latest changes. Before it worked properly, it was only a visual issue.
phil wrote:
maxoku wrote:Pressed button issue is also on Win7 (classic style).
As I thought I had explained before, I have had so many problems with the drawing of those buttons, I don't want to change them out of fear of making it "much worse" again - previously the buttons simply disappeared randomly on all OS's (and generally I couldn't recreate it here) and I don't want to risk going back to that.
What drawing are you talking about? The icon? There is nothing wrong with the icon itself. Is the button behavior (background of the icon). It is different on luna style and classic style, cuz they work differently, so I guess you could just set them both separately. I think it's something with refreshing.
phil wrote:
maxoku wrote:A scrolling problem on Win8.1 in tray icons settings.
That one I simply don't understand. Need a clearer example so I can try and reproduce it here.
maxoku wrote:In some places scrolling under cursor doesn't work. I was checking tray icons settings and wheel didn't work at all. I've added new profile for explorer and was checking the methods. Seems something worked, but not completely. When I hovered on drop boxes (without dropping them) it didn't work. If I clicked on any then I was scrolling this certain box independently which box I hovered.
@JTB3
It seems a desired behavior to activate the hovered specific window. E.g. if there are several text edit boxes then it would activate the hovered one specifically not only the window itself. I guess Phil could add two options, one to activate a specific window and one to activate the parent window or something.
JTB3
Dedicated

Post by JTB3 »

maxoku wrote:@JTB3
It seems a desired behavior to activate the hovered specific window. E.g. if there are several text edit boxes then it would activate the hovered one specifically not only the window itself. I guess Phil could add two options, one to activate a specific window and one to activate the parent window or something.
I think you are likely accurate in diagnosing the probable cause here, Maxoku! In the case of 'File Explorer' windows, It probably has to do with XMBC activating a 'control' subpanel vs the 'parent window' (or something related!). Thx for pointing this out. :)
[Bay Area, California]