XMBC 2.16 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Re: XMBC 2.16 Beta

Post by injtsvetkov »

Well it all depends on your spare time with the new job. If there are some minor changes coming up, then I guess it's OK, but if you plan to implement some tricky feature which could cause problems then maybe the wise thing would be to push 2.16 now. It's light indeed but it's been almost 2 months since this beta started and as we see it's stable now, no serious bugs were found for 2 weeks (at least by the beta testers), so to me it looks like the time has come to wrap things up and think about the next beta :P. Of course I'm not trying to push you (just practicing my English here :)), but probably if there are some major changes at this point it would take at least 2-3 weeks to smooth things out and then another 2 weeks waiting to confirm that there are no bugs, which means over 3 months in total and to be honest I already began to lose track of the changes in this beta :lol: even though they are so few. I found myself going back to the OP and the changelog recently and I suppose it's the same with the others :roll:
HAMA Mirano
Windows 8.1 x64, Intel i5-3230M @ 2.60GHz, 4GB
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Well, being quiet clearly does not mean no bugs, just not enough testing :roll:....

Here is 2.16 Beta 6.

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.16 Beta 5:
  • #475 - Fixed an issue missing profiles when hovering over desktop windows (eg. systray).
  • #469 - Fixed a bug introduced when no profile was active, detection is broken
NOTE: Due to the change for #475, and "desktop" window specific profile will need to be re-created/edited and the desktop window re-selected. It should now be identified as "explorer.exe (Desktop)" where as all other explorer windows will remain just "explorer.exe".

There is no language template updates in 2.16 beta 6 :).

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
BriHecato
Dedicated

Post by BriHecato »

1. You could add a little graphic - image of the desktop (or windows window) behind the 4 checkboxes (profile quadrants) make it slightly bigger - that suggest new users what is this about (and maybe baloon tooltip "you can define quarter of window works with this profile").
made in paint

2. Simkeys window could be rsizible vertically (not just scrollable help content).

3. Example:

Code: Select all

{PRESS}abc{WAITMS100}{RELEASE}cba 
results in "abcba"
so {PRESS} or {RELEASE} still work only for one next character not for the group of keys.

4. In simkeys since we have {wait:...}, {run:...}, {hold:...} and {madd:...}, maybe change syntax of {press} & {release} to

{press:abc} {release}
where releasing all by default (i don't know how it could be used by anyone ;) )
Next there could be

{CTRL:{ALT:b}}
global syntax style if you know what i mean.

5. Maybe idea for next version, buttons in simkey window to one-clik-add-function (OCAF):

6. So far no bugs at all - only vivaldi and his strange behaviour. I've noticd that profile doesnt work if it's connected to vivaldi.exe. I need to "specify window" for it to work. And even then when i have only 1 tab open chordings doesn't works (my 4th -> right "{ctrl}p" chording). It is like that since i've switched from Firefox to V. It's definately not XMBC issue.
Let the PC do the hard work = AHK + C# + HTML/CSS/JS + XMBC + Clavier+ + AutoLisp + VBA/OOB
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

BriHecato wrote:1. You could add a little graphic - image of the desktop (or windows window) behind the 4 checkboxes (profile quadrants) make it slightly bigger - that suggest new users what is this about (and maybe baloon tooltip "you can define quarter of window works with this profile").
made in paint

2. Simkeys window could be rsizible vertically (not just scrollable help content).

3. Example:

{PRESS}abc{WAITMS100}{RELEASE}cba 
results in "abcba"
so {PRESS} or {RELEASE} still work only for one next character not for the group of keys.

4. In simkeys since we have {wait:...}, {run:...}, {hold:...} and {madd:...}, maybe change syntax of {press} & {release} to

{press:abc} {release}
where releasing all by default (i don't know how it could be used by anyone ;) )
Next there could be

{CTRL:{ALT:b}}
global syntax style if you know what i mean.

5. Maybe idea for next version, buttons in simkey window to one-clik-add-function (OCAF):

6. So far no bugs at all - only vivaldi and his strange behaviour. I've noticd that profile doesnt work if it's connected to vivaldi.exe. I need to "specify window" for it to work. And even then when i have only 1 tab open chordings doesn't works (my 4th -> right "{ctrl}p" chording). It is like that since i've switched from Firefox to V. It's definately not XMBC issue.
LOL - that will teach me to say things like "its quiet in here"!!!

1. Maybe but I dont think it will help that much - if people arnt willing to read the manual, I'm not sure that an obscured picture will help much - plus Ive only ever had one question about them (recently too) as far as I can remember so I'm not sure thats worth it.

2. I guess that could be done quite easily.

3. Ahh the press/release thing - yes I really should ad that to the bug list so I dont forget again.

4. The problem with that is that it breaks the "simple" parser rules, which would make the string parser much more complex... Is it worth it I ask myself :)

5. It wont be possible to put buttons in the text window. I could perhaps add a "tag" dropdown to allow you to select from the list - but this is a set and forget type screen, so is it that much of a pain to type {CTRL} etc once in a while...

6. Good to hear.
--[ Phil ]--
BriHecato
Dedicated

Post by BriHecato »

About point 5 from my previus list.

My co-worker suggest that there could be a "add key combo helper" working with simkey enter dialog.
It requires new button in upper section of simkey window
How it should work:
1. So you press "add key combo" button, and
2. got a little additional window (separate form) with label, "ok" button and "cancel" button.
3. This helper is waiting for user to press any keyboard combination
4. user is pressing something like ctrl+alt+h n the keyboard
5. helper is displaying what have been pressed on its label
6. if user change mind then press any other key combination
7. any pressed combination is being displayed (only one at a time) in helper label
8. when user press cancel this little window get close
9. when user press ok helper put properly formated simkey into simkey textbox like: {CTRL}{ALT}H, and close itself

So you can have what you want, without typing tags and curly brackets.

Extension to this idea by me:
On this little additional window for this helper you have textbox instead of label (but not editable), and button "next". So you can add multiple combos and commands:
ctrl+alt+h|return|a|arrowdown
After first combination is entered user press "next" and enter next combination.
When "ok" is pressed whole simkey is being putted in simkey textbox:
{CTRL}{ALT}H{RETURN}A{DOWN}

Even further - we could use this helper as a main simkey window mixing with current window and my "button for tags" idea.
It would became Visual Simkey Studio X where you just click icons and buttons instead of .... wait ... did i wrote "clik"? No ..

forget everyting!
crap, Phil gonna kill me...
Simulated keystrokes should be build by draging elements into "build keystroke area" like bricks - Visual Simkey Builder Studio X (of course with coloured syntax)
:)
Let the PC do the hard work = AHK + C# + HTML/CSS/JS + XMBC + Clavier+ + AutoLisp + VBA/OOB
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Noooooo draging is just a pain in the a**.
No only from a development point of view, but from my user point of view too (I know each to their own on that one).... The helper - well I get the idea but again, I'm not convinced it will help all that much - plus you have the problem of trying to type keys that have global actions, like trying to type CTRL+ALD+DEL for example is going to fail and brink up the CTRL+ALT+DEL screen....

I'm trying to keep XMBC light weight - having all sorts of fancies in the sim-key window is not going to help that goal - especially in C++ this advanced GUI stuff is no so easy (and I'm not converting XMBC to .NET to make it so!)

Phil
--[ Phil ]--
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

phil wrote:Well, being quiet clearly does not mean no bugs, just not enough testing :roll:....
Yes, you are right :!:
My point was that with so few beta testers, if no bug is found for 2 weeks, then maybe even if there are any, it's unlikely to be found soon :?, which IMO makes it pointless to wait. I'm sure you know that so nothing new... except maybe the idea to ask us if we are all up to date, coz in such quiet moments you don't know if all of us have tried the latest beta (as I see Kukurykus is missing lately :P).
HAMA Mirano
Windows 8.1 x64, Intel i5-3230M @ 2.60GHz, 4GB
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Found another one today :(
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.16 Beta 7.

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.16 Beta 6:
  • #475 - Fixed another related issue missing profiles when adding window specific profiles.
  • .... - Fixed and improved some of the logging, especially related to chording.
NOTE: Due to the change for #475, and "desktop" window specific profile will need to be re-created/edited and the desktop window re-selected. It should now be identified as "explorer.exe (Desktop)" where as all other explorer windows will remain just "explorer.exe".

There is no language template updates in 2.16 beta 7 :).

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.16 Beta 8.

Changes since v2.16 Beta 7:
  • #475 - Fixed another related issue missing profiles when adding window specific profiles.
  • #396 - Added ability to specify a window sub-region to activate window profiles.

There is a new language template update in 2.16 beta 8.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

Sub-regions works great. But everytime I want to edit a specific window (not sub-region windows) that option is automatically checking on with some random values for bottom and right.

In the window for button chording instead od middle button is written Default (no chord).

When I scroll on disabled options (for me) tilt wheel I get an '#invalid item'. When I do it in chording window I can practically set any option and click on the button to set simulated keys. I suggest to disable also scrolling over disabled options or something to block it.

When I click on the button to set simulated keys it visually stays pressed. I mean the background of the button isn't refreshed immediately. I can e.g. cover it with another window for a moment and it's refreshed. Icon itself returns to previous position and I can click it again (also visually). And the whole button after pressing looks like it has been doubled or something, unless I cover it with simulated keys window and after closing it the button is pressed, but not doubled lol. I use classic style, so maybe only I have that problem.

In settings Updates & Logging when it's written 'Leave blank...' I don't see the first letter, so it might be good idea to set a left margin or something for that. But maybe only I have that problem on classic style. Nevertheless I did something in my translation fix to overcome this problem lol.

And don't forget about my topic about task bar problem.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

maxoku wrote:Sub-regions works great. But everytime I want to edit a specific window (not sub-region windows) that option is automatically checking on with some random values for bottom and right.
Does not seem to happen here but I'll try and reproduce and fix.
EDIT: Got it - fixed in next beta - you will have to re-tick the box for profiles that you want to apply to an area in the next beta (only).
maxoku wrote:In the window for button chording instead od middle button is written Default (no chord).
As it should - because you are editing the middle button, so that action is what happens if you just press/release the middle button, without performing a chorded action.
maxoku wrote:When I scroll on disabled options (for me) tilt wheel I get an '#invalid item'. When I do it in chording window I can practically set any option and click on the button to set simulated keys. I suggest to disable also scrolling over disabled options or something to block it.
Number spin controls should not respond to scroll when they are disabled - but they are - so thats odd - will take a look.
EDIT: Fixed in next beta
maxoku wrote:When I click on the button to set simulated keys it visually stays pressed. I mean the background of the button isn't refreshed immediately. I can e.g. cover it with another window for a moment and it's refreshed. Icon itself returns to previous position and I can click it again (also visually). And the whole button after pressing looks like it has been doubled or something, unless I cover it with simulated keys window and after closing it the button is pressed, but not doubled lol. I use classic style, so maybe only I have that problem.
Odd - not doing that here, but Ive had so many problems with the drawing of those buttons - it could be related (be glad its there at all!). Probably not going to touch that as I cant reproduce and I don't want to make it worse again!
maxoku wrote:In settings Updates & Logging when it's written 'Leave blank...' I don't see the first letter, so it might be good idea to set a left margin or something for that. But maybe only I have that problem on classic style. Nevertheless I did something in my translation fix to overcome this problem lol.
That's windows doing that - nothing i can do about it as far as I know (without an awful lot of work) short of adding an extra space maybe before it :). Must be some windows theme/styling issue. What version of Windows?
EDIT: added a couple of spaces before the text string to try and resolve that one.
maxoku wrote:And don't forget about my topic about task bar problem.
Must be an XP issue - it's not happening here on windows 7 or 10. Quite frankly, Ive been seriously thinking about dropping XP support for some time now. I probably wont do so, but Im not going to be making any special efforts to fix XP only problems. If/When I upgrade XMBC to Visual Studio 2017, I will have to drop XP support as I don't believe the 2017 C++ runtime supports XP at all!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.16 Beta 9.

Changes since v2.16 Beta 8:
  • #396 - Fixed some GUI issues related to disabled number spin boxes. Also fixed some GUI generic issues especially scrolling disabled items. Also fixed default text layout on XP in the logging tab.
NOTE: Since beta 8, you will have to edit any profiles using window area/regions and re-tick the box "activate the profile only when the cursor is in the specified area"

There are a no language template updates in 2.16 beta 9.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

Problem with checked box for regions fixed. Problem with text string fixed too. Unfortunately I can still scroll that disable items for mouse tilt.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Doh - I only fixed it for scroll, not tilt - didn't realise tilt scrolled (I dont really understand why the comboboxes respond to tilt when disabled but I put a workaround in for scroll - will do the same for tilt!
--[ Phil ]--