XMBC 2.16 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
maxoku
Committed

Re: XMBC 2.16 Beta

Post by maxoku »

BriHecato wrote:Manual, Instrukcja, Przewodnik, Pomoc - it does fit :P
Spóźniłeś się lol. You are too late, I've already found a translation that fits. Check the new one from language thread and tell me how it looks and read the pm already. :P
BriHecato wrote:True, also apply to "Repeat tilt rate"
Good eye :P . But it doesn't give a double underline in Polish, so I didn't notice lol.
BriHecato wrote:Nope. Setting window is modal and it is on top of main menu, so alt-tabing bring both of them.
So explain to me, how did that happen?
focus.jpg
BriHecato wrote:What are you talking about ? Hiding icon in tray? ridiculous
BriHecato wrote:remove option "hide icon in tray" since is useless and little stupid
I agree that it's useless, not completely to remove though, don't give Phil any more work that he already has :P . Generally if someone don't want to see it in the tray can just hide it in Windows settings and revive it temporarily after clicking on wrapper or on a context menu tray little icon on newer systems and there click on it. Hiding that way in application itself seems to be for more advance users that won't be confused on any way by that option.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Just because you don;t have a use for the "Remove icon", does not mean its useless, there are several people that use XMBC in "hidden" mode, e.g. applied across corporate systems with fixed profiles and they dont want the users opening it up and changing anything, nor to know that its even there.

It is not useless! I mean, if I were to remove all the things I didn't use for example, we'd be back to pretty much copy and past on button 4 and 5 - and I would have nothing more to do in XMBC - hummm now I said it, that sounds quite appealing :P
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

maxoku wrote:It works now :) . But I have a problem. There is no way I would fit translation of 'Open Userguide' in the button. Even translation for 'Userguide' isn't fitting, but almost. It would be nice if you do something with that button in next beta.
Will do.
maxoku wrote:PS: You didn't have any problem with making it a normal window and did it very quickly. Wounder why didn't you make that earlier? Strangely it didn't fix my problem with task bar, I thought it was related. Sigh, I'll still have to trouble myself with it. :(
I wasnt going to do it, until i realised it was simply changing a tick box - and I didnt have to make any changes underneath (which I was a little surprised at). Personally, I prefer it as it was before but that does not seem to matter any more!
maxoku wrote:PS2: If I go Hotkeys tab in settings and press e.g. Alt+0 then the hotkey for layer 1 will be set and the focus go layer 10 box or Alt+G and enabling/disabling after setting that hotkey. Double function, one should be blocked or something. And the focus could be not the layer 1 box too.
Urm... Oh dear - I may have to remove all the accelerators in that tab then :(
I'll probably not rush to do that though - its not a new problem and no one has noticed until now :)
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

BriHecato wrote:Beta 14 - looks good, about window "about" doesn;t knew that i need those buttons untill you add them :)
Really was hoping for this "break simkey on mouse move" addition ;)
It wont go in to 2.16 (I never said it would) its too big a job, and I'm not convinced its even do-able. Sim keys works completely differently to button chording internally, involves multiple threads and other complications.

I will add it to the todo list so we can play around in a future version, I'm just not willing to speculate on what future version.

After last week, I think I spent too much time making too many changes too quickly and it all got out of hand. I wont be doing that again, especially as I spent most of my hours either at work or on XMBC and got very little else done. It was nice to have a weekend completely away from the computer!
BriHecato wrote:
maxoku wrote:In "repeat initial rate" (advance settings) the access key is already underlined, so after pressing Alt it can be double underlined (in Polish) or it's crossed out (in English).
True, also apply to "Repeat tilt rate"
OK Ive no idea why thats happening. In the dialog designer both fields are OK so it must be something weird going on when applying the translation text or opening the window - it happens here at run time too so I should be able to figure it out when I get some time <see above>.
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

Welcome back Phil. How was your weekend? Did you rest well? :)
phil wrote:Just because you don;t have a use for the "Remove icon", does not mean its useless, there are several people that use XMBC in "hidden" mode, e.g. applied across corporate systems with fixed profiles and they dont want the users opening it up and changing anything, nor to know that its even there.

It is not useless! I mean, if I were to remove all the things I didn't use for example, we'd be back to pretty much copy and past on button 4 and 5 - and I would have nothing more to do in XMBC - hummm now I said it, that sounds quite appealing :P
I hope that wasn't to me lol. I said that I'm against removing it. And you confirmed that it's mainly for advance users. :P
phil wrote:Urm... Oh dear - I may have to remove all the accelerators in that tab then :(
Urm... Oh dear - I may have to remove all the accelerators in that tab from my translation too, and just after I've added them lol.

That focus on main window while the settings was on is only for clicking on the XMBC on taskbar. I don't know how did that happen I wrote that it's also on Alt+Tab. Seems I need a rest too lol. Nevertheless it happens always when I click on taskbar and with all modal windows. Always is focused the main window instead of the that modal one.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

maxoku wrote:Welcome back Phil. How was your weekend? Did you rest well? :)
It was fantastic, although not very restful! (B)
maxoku wrote:I hope that wasn't to me lol. I said that I'm against removing it. And you confirmed that it's mainly for advance users. :P
It was to all, not directed at you!
maxoku wrote:Urm... Oh dear - I may have to remove all the accelerators in that tab from my translation too, and just after I've added them lol.
Lets not worry about it for now!
maxoku wrote: That focus on main window while the settings was on is only for clicking on the XMBC on taskbar. I don't know how did that happen I wrote that it's also on Alt+Tab. Seems I need a rest too lol. Nevertheless it happens always when I click on taskbar and with all modal windows. Always is focused the main window instead of the that modal one.
I know - on my XP VM i set up when testing some of your other bugs! But I don't know why it does it - I suspect its in the XP version of the MS runtime because its not doing it in any other OS, and I don't want to spend time chasing down MS bugs on old OS's - sorry.
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.16 Beta 15.

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.16 Beta 14:
  • #485 - Increase width of new buttons for translations.
  • #478 - Fixed accelerator underline for labels in advanced settings.
  • #475 - Attempt to fixed an issue with profiles after explorer (desktop) restarts.
There are no changes to the translation template since 2.16 beta 14.

Please check the auto-update/check for updates download works when upgrading from beta 13 or later.

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

phil wrote:It was fantastic, although not very restful! (B)
Glad to hear. And you know, some people can rest only that way. :P
phil wrote:I know - on my XP VM i set up when testing some of your other bugs! But I don't know why it does it - I suspect its in the XP version of the MS runtime because its not doing it in any other OS, and I don't want to spend time chasing down MS bugs on old OS's - sorry.
It doesn't feel good to read that again :( . Am I suppose to stop reporting cuz each bug can be only on XP? :?

By the way, I was servicing a Win 8.1 computer today. I've updated XMBC to newest beta and was checking something in the windows. In some places scrolling under cursor doesn't work. I was checking tray icons settings and wheel didn't work at all. I've added new profile for explorer and was checking the methods. Seems something worked, but not completely. When I hovered on drop boxes (without dropping them) it didn't work. If I clicked on any then I was scrolling this certain box independently which box I hovered.

I can cancel downloading in Polish at least, so you fixed that in beta 14. :mrgreen:

Edit for beta 15: Buttons are wider, so I can change translation to more appropriate. :P
Unfortunately something with that underline options is wrong. In Polish version the Initial rate isn't underline at all and the rate is crossed instead of being underlined. In English it's underlined properly. In both versions the rate accelerator works properly, but the initial rate accelerator makes an OK function. I've previewed also german version. Underline for rate is out of the text and the accelerator for initial rate makes also the OK function (after focusing on another function cuz both have set the same later 'n', so after second hit^^).
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

What a deserted topic it is lol.

I have some notes about scrolling. I've checked recently the move to scroll function. Scrolling left and right doesn't work, well probably because XP doesn't have that option. But in some cases when there's no vertical scrolling but horizontal is enabled then scrolling works horizontally. Not everywhere though, wounder if such things could be forced with XMBC? Nevertheless there could be an option to lock only y-axis and to block other mouse button or give them the ability to exit the function. Other thing is that icon. Could you change it? At lest that pink color of strokes? :P

I also think it would be a good Idea to add an option to activate window while scrolling for each profile. I don't really like activating while scrolling, but for some windows it might be good. How does it work by the way? Maybe it's a some kind of command and I could add it in simulated keys before the mouse wheel command?
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

I've checked that on win7 the button problem appears too (not only on xp), unfortunately the other two don't. :(
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

maxoku wrote:Other thing is that icon. Could you change it? At lest that pink color of strokes? :P
If you mean the cursor, then it is already configurable by dropping a new cursor (.cur) in the same folder as the XMBC EXE file... Call the cursor file "lockx.cur", "locky.cur", "lockxy.cur" and XMBC will use those.
You can also do that for movement to scroll with "scrollx.cur", "scrolly.cur" & "scroll.cur"

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

I've dropped cursors with that file names and it doesn't work^^. Still your pink hand ones :P . And I hope you won't forget about other issues.
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

I have profile for "explorer.exe" which remaps the Middle click to Double click. I know that a few betas ago there was a change to separate the "Desktop" from "Explorer" so one would need two different profiles for them. Since I haven't changed this profile after that change, it was working for both till beta 14. In beta 15 (#475 - Attempt to fixed an issue with profiles after explorer (desktop) restarts.) it stopped working for the "Desktop" and works only for the "Explorer" :(. I reverted back to beta 14 and now it works for both again. I'd like to hear your comment Phil. I'm not suggesting to revert that change! I just need to know would it be possible somehow to make it work like before beta 15 (e.g. if ''explorer.exe" is entered in the "Application" field) and if the user wants it separated to chose the specific window in "Find window"? It just feels strange to make another profile for a simple double click :roll:
If it is complicated for explanation please don't waste your time! I will understand :) Just a simple answer "Yes" of "No" would be enough :)

Thanks
Iliya
HAMA Mirano
Windows 8.1 x64, Intel i5-3230M @ 2.60GHz, 4GB
JTB3
Dedicated

XMBC 2.16 Beta (Feature Request) Middle Button-Activate Window Under Cursor

Post by JTB3 »

Hi Phil,
I appreciate, once again, all of your great work on the recent 2.16 Betas. An issue has been bugging me for years, so I finally thought of a possible solution which is hopefully a (relatively) straightforward and useful feature to add to XMBC (perhaps in the next beta series). I wouldn't be at all surprised if this has been previously mentioned. Let me explain.

Request: Per profile (in each layer), provide a checkbox option to 'Activate' the window under the cursor when the 'Middle Button' is pressed - This option is ONLY needed for the middle button (see below).

Rational/Use Case: With the exception of the 'Middle Button', ALL of the other (non-wheel) mouse button presses automatically activate the window under the cursor (if it is not already active). Go ahead try them all... This presents an issue for XMBC users (like myself) who have profile customizations for the 'Middle Button' in that it often produces unexpected (and undesired) behaviors when clicking the 'middle button' while hovering over a non-active window.

For example, I've defined my 'middle button' to issue the 'Close' command in my 'Default' XMBC profile and defined it to issue 'Ctrl+W' simkeys (Close Tab) in my 'Chrome Browser' profile. So if I casually hover over a non-active Chrome window and start scrolling up/down and then decide I want to now close the tab with the 'Middle Button', XMBC (via default Windows behavior) sends the 'Ctrl+W' command to whatever non-chrome active window which 'fakes me out' and often ends up closing unintended windows (like MS-Office Apps or File Explorer) that also interpret 'Ctrl+W' as close window. So I then have to waste time reopening these windows and then remember to activate the Chrome window before clicking the 'Middle Button' again.

There are also several other frustrating cases I could mention, but I'll refrain to keep this post succinct. This situation ONLY exists with the 'Middle Button' in XMBC because Windows naturally 'activates' a non-active window (or Desktop) under the cursor when ANY of the other (4) mouse buttons are pressed while hovering - But fails to do so with the Middle Button (I'm guessing that this works ok for the default Middle button 'multi-scroll' functionality - which many, including myself, never use).

Without a ton of work, XMBC could be uniquely positioned to alleviate this inconsistency (and the resulting undesired behavior) by providing a simple option to 'activate the window under the cursor' before sending any 'Middle Button' associated commands or keys. Perhaps a checkbox next to the 'Middle Button' on each profile layer could be implemented to provide the most flexibility and backward compatibility (See attached Screenshot Mockup).
XMBC - Activate 'Millde Button' Mockup.png
What do you think of this idea? Have you (or anyone else) also experienced this issue/frustration?

Your feedback and consideration on this is much appreciated!
-JT :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
System: Win10 Pro-x64 v1702+v1607, Intel i7-7700K (Z270) + i7-4771 (Z87)
Logitech M570 Wireless (5-Button) Trackball + M705 (5-Button) Marathon Mouse
[Bay Area, California]
BriHecato
Dedicated

Post by BriHecato »

maxoku wrote:What a deserted topic it is lol.
If theres nothing change (for me) and all is working fine - what should i talk about :)
I'm at job despite it is long free weekend. Waiting for phil to close this beta and start developing new practical ground breaking features like
- hold button actions
- double click button actions
- breaking simkeys on mouse move before button is released

So far people requesting very limited-in-use personal modifications, that i'm completely not interested.

This time i'm not requesting "MOAR buttons" .
Because:
I've tried AHK with proper scripts for mouses and keyboards to install additional mouse buttons hooks ... and it didn't work. So there's 99% that XMBC also coud not sniff the signals and reconfigure this additional buttons.
Most likely mouse without manufacturer software do not send anything at all to the PC or is doing it in "encrypted" way.
Let the PC do the hard work = AHK + C# + HTML/CSS/JS + XMBC + Clavier+ + AutoLisp + VBA/OOB