XMBC 2.16 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC 2.16 Beta

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote:When I hold 5th button and scroll up, but for whatever reason I want to change direction, so scroll down.
If I want to do it I have to release 5th button and then press and hold it again to scroll in the other direction.

I think it would be much better if I could change dirrection of cursor moving (so scrolling) without releasing 5th button to press and hold it again.
Well that's how it should work... I use chording to change the volume on scroll and that works in both directions, so I dont know why MYADD wouldn't work in both directions.... I'll have a look.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Kukurykus, I just tried adding {MXADD:0}{MYADD:-39} to wheel up and {MXADD:0}{MYADD:39} to wheel down in the chords for my right button.... and it works fine, in both directions.

So what gives - why does it not work for you? Maybe I need a copy of your profile (XMBCSettings.xml) to see if there is something else stopping it working for you.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Okey it's working when I tried it in default profile and then in one of my profiles in Photoshop. But it doesn't work in fact in some specific situation in fact. It's a little complicated so let me describe it when I'm back home today.

I'll describe also some bug if it is(?) I found, related to that new feature I was so excited about in the other post.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
BriHecato
Dedicated

Post by BriHecato »

Thanks Phil. It's not necessary (global settings+profiles) but can come in handy.

Little observation:
I'm using some commands in autocad but noticed that i must increase delay between simulated keystrokes because keys are apply too fast and autocad loose some of them - for example I send

Code: Select all

_move{RETURN}{LMB}
Autocad loose "ve" and execute "_mo{RETURN}{LMB}" which is different command.

If i got {RMB} in other autocad simkeys commands (and my default setting is to repeat last autocad command with RMB) then somehow autocad loose every key I put, and just execute last command.

So i need to set delay above 10ms which looks like typing on typemachine. Stupid AutoCAD :P

If you speak about mouse coordinates I only use one macro:

Code: Select all

{MSAVE}{PSET:118,1}{MADD:0,-30}{LMB}{MREST}
that work flawlessly in my laser software. It's also a trick because Trutops is stupid like hell (cannot use whole window profile):
As you see it's remembering cursor position - jump to precise coordinates in drawing canvas (no matter if window is maximized) then move cursor up to button bar (because i cannot target this buttonbar from outside in any other way) to specific command icon - then click on this icon - then return cursor to beggining position.
Let the PC do the hard work = AHK + C# + HTML/CSS/JS + XMBC + Clavier+ + AutoLisp + VBA/OOB
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

That specific situation I had to describe when I'm home is when in default profile:

for 5th button I set chording and then in simkays {ctrl} in "during" mode.
for ScrollUp I set simkays {MADD:0,-39} (of 5th chord) in "pressed" mode.
for ScrollDn I set simkays {MADD:0,39} (of 5th chord) in "pressed" mode.

The box for 'block / delay original button action until chord is established" I leave unchecked.

Try now on desktop: press and hold 5th button then roll up. As you see you can do it, but if you want to roll down you must release 5th button to press it again.

I know that there is "during method" set for 5th button and it makes you can not scroll up / down unless you release and press again 5th button between changing direction of movement. Is it correct behaviour in this situation or it should act the same like 5th button had no "during" method ?

UPDATE:

Next problem related to just described I found today and I think it wasn't part of last beta or full version, at least I never experienced it.

With the set of forementioned buttons let's stay on desktop and do this:

Press and hold 5th button and do LMB click on some file, then next one and so on. This way you can select some documents (I assume you keep on your desktop). Now you can unselct them by still holding 5th button and clicking LMB on them, one after one. So far all is fine.

Now, press and hold 5th button and scroll once or more up or down.

Here's we'll have problem (not that one I described in first part of post).

I expected that chording action was ended so for example rolling up/down when 5th button was held and then released. Unfortunately not, because after I scrolled up/down and released 5th button it's still acting like it was pressed and hold. Shouldn't be 5th button action stopped after I stopped scrolling and released this 5th button? Now if I want to stop action of this btn I have to press it again, otherwise every document or anything I click beeing in default profile will be like I still hold CTRL button. So ''during method' change this way to some other, perhaps method 8, sticky.

LAST UPDATE:

It'll be very similar to second part of my post but now strictly connected to "Unblock when mouse moves".

What you need to check it yourself:

1) set your RMB to chording
2) when you are in RMB chording go to LMB and set in simkays {ctrl} with 'during' method
3) tick on only 1st and 3rd boxes, so: "Block / Delay..." and "Unblock when mouse moves"

What to do it worked without using XMBC:

1) go to desktop where you should have some files
2) hover over some of them, then press and hold LMB, finally drag it to other part of your display, release LMB
3) hover over the same file again, then press and hold LMB, drag it back, release LMB

How to do it with XMBC that all is okey:

2) hover over some of them, then press and hold RMB, press and hold LMB, finally drag it to other part of your display, release LMB, release RMB
3) hover over the same file again, then press and hold RMB, press and hold LMB, drag it back, release LMB, release RMB

What you have to do to see wrong(?) behaviour:

2) hover over some of them, then press and hold RMB, press and hold LMB, finally drag it to other part of your display, release RMB, release LMB (that's right, this time first right, then left)
3) hover over the same file again, then press and hold RMB, press and hold LMB, try to drag it <--------- you're totally right, you can't drag it, because chording action got stuck, I mean {lmb} in 'during method'
4) to cancel it simply drag it second time, now it will work or if you didn't try to drag it in 3rd step after at end of 2nd step you released RMB, released LMB, you have to (in any place) press and hold RMB, then press LMB, and then release in correct order LMB and RMB

Phil, that was just very simple way to show you what is going on, I tried it in Photoshop with different tools, and that was nice work unless I released buttons in wrong order, what happens... and what was a nightmare!
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Wow what a long post!
Kukurykus wrote:So ''during method' change this way to some other, perhaps method 8, sticky.
I didn't change anything intentionally.

I'll try and have a look tomorrow - I'm off this week (between jobs) so I have a bit more time, although I don't intend on spending it all on XMBC!
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

I found that what I described in last (3rd) part of previous post is not effect of "Unblock when the mouse moves". I ticked it off and I see that behaviour of chording is still different than in last Beta (1).

So shortly saying if I bound some action to left button when right (initial) is hold in chording mode and then I release left (which was pressed as second) and then release right all is okey. When I release right and then left then chord (in during method) isn't cancelled.

I'm sure that worked perfectly in previous Beta, so I could release in first instance arbitary either right or left button and order of doing that didn't affect functionallity that handled action was continued.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote:That specific situation I had to describe when I'm home is when in default profile:

for 5th button I set chording and then in simkays {ctrl} in "during" mode.
for ScrollUp I set simkays {MADD:0,-39} (of 5th chord) in "pressed" mode.
for ScrollDn I set simkays {MADD:0,39} (of 5th chord) in "pressed" mode.

The box for 'block / delay original button action until chord is established" I leave unchecked.

Try now on desktop: press and hold 5th button then roll up. As you see you can do it, but if you want to roll down you must release 5th button to press it again.
No, that works fine for me too, I setup exactly as you described and it still works in both directions!! No need to release the chord button.

However I have found the other problem(s) you reported I think - and it was an unintentional side-effect related to the fix to the stop chords on mouse movement change....

That will be fixed in beta 3.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

BriHecato wrote:Possibility to change whole "settings profile" - rightclick on icon in tray and hover over "load settings" then choose from "Bri profile", "kukurykus profile", "phil profile". Without reloging in windows, without manually replacing xml file in roaming directory.
So thinking a bit more about this, how would you want it to work...
1. Have a "Save as" button in the main window to save the whole profile as something else
2. Have a "Load Profile" in the context menu to load a different profile (probably using a browse window rather than just a context menu list?)

Then, the important question, when XMBC re-starts would you want it to remember the last loaded profile or start with the default (XMBCSettings.xml) one?

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

No, that works fine for me too, I setup exactly as you described and it still works in both directions!! No need to release the chord button.

I believe you did everything I wrote, but maybe that wasn't enough clear so I post an image with more descriptive instructions.

Simply it's strange it works fine for you if I tested it with 2 different mouses on 2 different computers and it doesn't.

Maybe you did something different than on image? If not then I have no idea why you can wheel up / down and I can't.

Just for clarity: I tried it now with right mouse button. So with settings from picture what I do is: when holding right mouse button I scroll up, then still holding right mouse button I try to scroll down what doesn't work unless I release and press&hold right button again.

That's it. If you did it before the same way I can't explain why here and in my work it doesn't work :/

Can anyone else please say how it's on his machine?
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I'll try on my laptop in a minute, here is what I did (the right button works too using the setup as you posted in the image above)
xmbc-chord.png
Lets see if anyone else tries it/has problems.

BTW: The mouse hardware is not going to make any difference. The OS might I suppose (I'm on up to date Win10).

Thanks,
Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--[ Phil ]--
BriHecato
Dedicated

Post by BriHecato »

phil wrote: So thinking a bit more about this, how would you want it to work...
1. Have a "Save as" button in the main window to save the whole profile as something else
2. Have a "Load Profile" in the context menu to load a different profile (probably using a browse window rather than just a context menu list?)

Then, the important question, when XMBC re-starts would you want it to remember the last loaded profile or start with the default (XMBCSettings.xml) one?

Thanks,
Phil
Something like this:
Loading last used profile on startup.
Let the PC do the hard work = AHK + C# + HTML/CSS/JS + XMBC + Clavier+ + AutoLisp + VBA/OOB
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Not enough space in that area (where you put the load button) because it is already used for the scrollock/RDP disabled warning text - but previously you asked for it in the context menu - now you want it in the main window?!

And as I said, the load would open a browse window - not a like or dropdown (because I dont want to waste time and resource working out what files are there and if they are XMBC profiles) as most people wont need/use this.

The key question was should it remember at startup or not (because thats going to mean using the registry again (although only the current user key so thats OK).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
BriHecato
Dedicated

Post by BriHecato »

About profiles - Phil, of course first thing is to have the possibility to change profiles from system tray - without pulling the main window. Just hover move right expand some submenu and click another profile (they need to be loaded from app data folder at startup)
In the main window ther should be "save current profile" button. Additionally when i'm in main window it's good to know what user profile is active and option to change him here also could be good.
That's all - anyhow you set this thing will be a handy addition.

About Kukurykus problem - i've set my chording without blocking as on last picture and it works as follow on my desktop:

hold 5th button for start chording
wheel up does move the cursor
wheel down does nothing
!!!
but it depends what i do first - if i wheel down - it will move cursor down, but up will not work
!!!

now i release the 5th (chording button)
wheel up start increasing font size on my sticky windows note (as it has focus on and over the desktop)
wheel down is decreasing the font size

now i'm clicking left outside of my sticky note
wheel up start enlarging all my icons
wheel down makes them smaller

now i'm press 5th (chording) button
wheel up and wheel down does nothing - looks like it's back to normal

So it look s like "during" works like "toggle" - ctrl key is still beign held and work with wheel to resize objects.
Moving mose down in this chording doesn;t work

I've repeat this with "block/delay" marked for this chording setup, and cursor moves only in one (first used) direction, but control is released with releasing 5th (chording) button.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I / We know that the chord is not releasing the during toggle properly (problem 2 and 3) but the issue I cant reproduce is problem 1. Maybe its related to 2 * 3 (Ive already fixed that) the best thing to do at this point is to get beta 3 out and try in that.

regarding the profiles, everytime you say something, it becomes more work!
I think I'll start simple (no menus/dropdowns as I said before) and take it from there, else it wont get done at all - my time is more and more rare these days, and when I start my new job next week, I expect I will have even less free time to spend on XMBC.
--[ Phil ]--