Mouse Acceleration

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
value4realty
New User

Mouse Acceleration

Post by value4realty »

I have an older Kensington Trackball that none of the current drivers work well with. There used to be an intellipoint workaround and compatibility mode workarounds but with Windows 10 64 none of them work. I have edited the registry to increase acceleration but to do it, enhanced pointer control must be turned off. That makes the mouse sloppy. Would be nice if your driver took over acceleration and offered more range of speed with enhanced pointer control.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Mouse Acceleration

Post by phil »

Unfortunately, XMBC is NOT a driver and can only manipulate the very same windows settings that you have already tried with Regedit.

If there was some magic registry key then sure, i can modify it, but I suspect as you haven't found one, there just inst one available in Windows 10. Let me know though if you do find something and I can make it more user friendly by providing option sin XMBC.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Altizo
New User

Post by Altizo »

Hello, I use the trackball Logitech Trackman Marble
I would like to be able to more advanced settings for speed and acceleration of the mouse, dynamically changing, for example, as implemented in SetPoint from Logitech

In the registry of Windows 10 on the path "KEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse" you can find keys that can help in configuring this functionality (MouseSensitivity, MouseSpeed, MouseThreshold1, MouseThreshold2).
Documentation is on the Microsoft website, but I can not attach a link to the article
I think this information will be useful.

P.S. My English is poor. If something is not clear, ask again
Killy
Dedicated

Post by Killy »

I also would like to have better control over acceleration, without ever touching that excuse of a software called SetPoint.

Humane interface to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse registry branch would be nice.
Tbh, I didn't even expect SetPoint to use this registry branch for acceleration, expecting it to do something Logitech-specific and even device-specific.

The values MouseSpeed, MouseThreshold1 and MouseThreshold2 seem to be outdated after Windows XP.
These days you need to adjust SmoothMouseXCurve and SmoothMouseYCurve values.

I'm not even sure MouseSpeed, MouseThreshold1 and MouseThreshold2 do anything anymore. Not until relogin at least, so it's hard to test. Have to look into usage of SystemParametersInfo function for immediate non-permanent changes - will it do anything...

The answer https://superuser.com/a/1275828 seem to contain (links to) most up to date and complete information and a curve editing tool. Although I'd love to have a visual tool - something we can't expect in XMouse any time soon.