Unwanted On Screen Display of the Volume

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
33XAnt
New User

Unwanted On Screen Display of the Volume

Post by 33XAnt »

Even though I unchecked the appropriate settings, I still get the on-screen display (generic green bars).
The wheel is assigned to change volume over the notification area.

Both of the below settings are unchecked:
 ○ Enable On Screen Display for Volume and Brightness
 ○ Always Show the Volume On Screen Display

When using other methods to change the volume I don't get the green bars, its only with XMBC.  I have another program installed, Volume², that handles how volume change is displayed. Using XMBC I get dual volume displays.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
OK, scratch everything written above.  That was my experience with v2.14; now I'm using v2.15b3 and I NEVER get the green bars, even with those boxes marked!?

Is it possible to alter the volume increments, for Win7 I'm getting two notches with every turn of the scroll wheel? The profile has scrolling increments set to 1 using the default method.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Unwanted On Screen Display of the Volume

Post by phil »

Its odd that you never get the bars... I'm on windows 10 which does not display the bars (ever) because windows does it for us. I will see if I can reproduce on Windows 7.

As for the notches... XMBC changes the volume by sending a volume key (found on multimedia keyboards) so if you can find out how to change that (if its possible) then that will do it - otherwise, no, not at the moment!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Re: Unwanted On Screen Display of the Volume

Post by phil »

Sorry for the delay, I just tried this in 2.15 beta, and it works - although it did seem that I had to exit and reopen XMBC after turning the "always show volume OSD" for some reason.

Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)