Tilt Wheel is Pressed Multiple Times

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
motcke
New User

Tilt Wheel is Pressed Multiple Times

Post by motcke »

Hi,

I have the Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Desktop https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/e ... /l3v-00001

XMBC: v2.15 Beta 4
Driver: HID-complient mouse

Iv'e defined my "Tile Wheel Left" to "Paste (Ctrl+V)".

When I'm tilting my whell left the copied text is pasted many times.
For example, after copying the text "abc" if I'll click wheel left in the notepad, I'll see "abcabcabcabcabc".

Playing with the advanced setting didn't help ("De-bounce (ignore) rapid ..." nor "Fixup (de-bounce) tilt ...").

phil
Site Admin

Re: Tilt Wheel is Pressed Multiple Times

Post by phil »

The tile wheel does not behave like a button - it repeats the tilt message every 300 or so milliseconds (device dependent). There is a solution to this, on the scrolling and navigation tab, there are options to ignore repeated re-mapped scroll and tilt. Try that - that way XMBC should ignore the repeated tilt messages for a certain time (as you define).

Give that a go and let me know if it works for you or not.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

I think you can have the same problem I got with HP 5-Button Optical Comfort Mouse. When I tilted it, it acted similarly to multiple scrolling at once instead of sending just a single signal and after short break multiply signals with very short delays (if you still pushed it). That workout proposed by Phil I tried before I gave back that mouse to shop and it worked. You may check is it the same case I described simply opening XMBC and pushing a tilt. If you won't notice on right panel of XMBC (where is column of buttons) that in first instance pushed tilt highlights for orange then that colour disappear to light up again with no end it means behaviour of your mouse isn't normal.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
motcke
New User

Post by motcke »

Thanks Phil,

Iv'e set the "Ignore repeated remapped horizental scroll" to 50ms and it works greate.

Thanks again,
motcke.