XMBC 2.15 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC 2.15 Beta

Post by phil »

OK to be clear, there was no such command as {LAYER:NEXT} and {LAYER:PREVIOUS} until version 2.15 beta 1. The only option in the code was {LAYER:LAST}.

So I'm not surprised now that it didn't work as expected!!! In 2.15 beta 1 I added {layer:previous} and {layer:next} and I made {layer:previous} do the same as {layer:last}. {layer:next} should work as expected and should loop so I will check that too.

I can change it to behave as expected next time - but it probably wont be until after this weekend and I'm busy doing my charity thing this weekend and need to get proper sleep before that lol.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

Take your time Phil :)

Good luck on the charity event!

Thanks for informing us that you're gonna be busy till the end of the week!
However that won't stop us from testing and posting :haha:, so don't bother :)
HAMA Mirano
Windows 8.1 x64, Intel i5-3230M @ 2.60GHz, 4GB
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

Hey Phil, I've got an idea that needs discussion. It's not quite clear yet but... Can you make an option in the Sim Keys feature (or maybe other commands too) to be activated automatically (without pressing a mouse button) immediately when you switch to its layer? My idea is to use F keys as Layer modifiers and assign Brightness Up to a button in one layer and Brightness Down to a button in another layer, so when I press say F7 - it will activate say Layer 7 in which I have automatic Brightness Up and the brightness will go up without me touching the mouse :). Is something like that possible?

Edit: I don't mean for this beta session, maybe for the next one or when you decide!
HAMA Mirano
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Urm, no not possible without major changes.

XMBC is designed to remap mouse buttons - and as such, almost everything is triggered from within the mouse hook. The only exception is the rather simplistic layer modifier keys (which use a very simple keyboard hook) and global hotkeys which use standard windows hotkey support.

If you want to change the brightness from just the keyboard, then you really need additional hotkeys or modifier keys (with the ability to run simulated keystrokes) - of course that would be physically possible but its not somewhere I particularly want to go - I'm trying to keep XMBC mouse related - and it appears what you are asking for is the ability to remap keyboard keys using similar actions - that is what Autohotkey was designed to do.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

Oh, I see. Yea the idea was to somehow simulate a mouse button by pressing a kbd key :)

Thanks for the fast reply!
HAMA Mirano
BriHecato
Dedicated

Post by BriHecato »

I wonder if that new tags {layer:next} and {layer:previous} are really so usefull since we got {layer:1 ...10} which is short and clear, we know what layer adress to without guessing which layer is active and which will be the next.

When {layer} tags info will be aded to guide/faq/in-app info ?

Beta 15.2
Issue with actions - any existing profile (beside default) get on WheelDown following "something"
http://i66.tinypic.com/2e6fwj4.png
it's even "configurable" when in this profile I got any other configurable action like chording or simulated keys - some chords inside are messed/doubled. But it's impossible to start chording with Wheeldown (you can't hold that button) - so I got no problems with XMBC beacuse of this.

Any new profile get this "something" without configuration
http://i63.tinypic.com/106lic2.png

Both modes of run (action to run program and dialog with browse for exe with full path) and (simulated keys {run:} with path and without) works - tested with notepad, calculator, also portable speed crunch and notepad++ (with full path). For sure it will be handy to my libreoffice (currently) double-macro - copy all, open new from template, paste all, switch sheet, autofilter, print, I don't like OOB neither VBA.

How should "Clip (lock) mouse cursor to active window" work? It's something new i see.
Let the PC do the hard work = AHK + C# + HTML/CSS/JS + XMBC + Clavier+ + AutoLisp + VBA/OOB
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

BriHecato wrote:I wonder if that new tags {layer:next} and {layer:previous} are really so usefull since we got {layer:1 ...10}
Haven't thought of {layer:1 ... 10} till now. Indeed they seem to suffice but I am not sure whether {layer:next} and {layer:previous} would be totally useless :roll:
In my case, I tried using {layer:1 ... 10} in each layer with such numbers, so that they behave like {layer:next}/{layer:previous} and it works (with looping). But there is one big problem: if I hold RMB and only click LMB the layer only switches once and that's it. I have to release the RMB every time and do the whole chord to switch to each layer which makes it rather inconvenient in my case since I have to use {layer:1 ... 10} with chording. Now if {layer:1 ... 10} can be made to behave that way (hold RMB and only click LMB to repeatedly change layers with looping) than I guess {layer:next}/{layer:previous} would become useless. Only the 'intuitive' argument won't be 100% satisfied coz not all people looking for {layer:next}/{layer:previous} will always realize that they can use {layer:1 ... 10} with the same effect :?

Oh and yea, the {layer} tags info, can you please add them at least to the info in the Sym Keys window. I have searched for them in the 2.14 beta thread over ten times till now :lol:
HAMA Mirano
BriHecato
Dedicated

Post by BriHecato »

I didn't know about any {layer} tag for long, just recently Phil or Kukurykus told me that :)

You know you can add {layer:1..10} to your simulated keys action like this (lets say you have some c# code selected in opened notepad, and want to copy it to new instance):

Code: Select all

{CTRL}C{RUN:notepad.exe}{CTRL}V{LAYER:3}
where layer 3 has new set of actions for your c# coding :)

I'm really hoping that Phil will create XKeyboardControl one day so I could sell my Nostromo and uninstal Clavier+
Let the PC do the hard work = AHK + C# + HTML/CSS/JS + XMBC + Clavier+ + AutoLisp + VBA/OOB
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

BriHecato wrote:I'm really hoping that Phil will create XKeyboardControl one day so I could sell my Nostromo and uninstal Clavier+
Unlikely... That's really what autohotkey is for - and it has much more powerful scripting! :)
--[ Phil ]--
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

BriHecato wrote:I'm really hoping that Phil will create XKeyboardControl one day so I could sell my Nostromo and uninstal Clavier+
me too secretly hoping :hide:
Though IMO if at some point in the future Phil decides to do something about the kbd, it would better be in XMBC (or maybe change the name but it all should definitely be in one app). I personally don't need advanced kbd control for now (at least not much), but if I'm gonna need that, most probably I will search for single app for both mouse and kbd (preferably one that allows sending mouse commands from the kbd and kbd commands from the mouse, I think this will inevitably happen in the future). I don't know whether Autohotkey can do that (I've tried it for a while, just before founding XMBC), but it seems too complicated and doesn't work with my game which renders it unusable for me. In fact XMBC has replaced the game for the last few months :lol:, it seems much more fun here, especially when more people are taking part :)
IMO programs like XMBC are much more used and widespread, coz those like Autohotkey are too complicated for most of the people and very few people need so sophisticated scripting on a daily basis.
I love XMBC coz its simple, intuitive, reliable, fast and sharp, and my personal favorite - I have the rare opportunity to participate in its development! I really can't understand why among so many users there are so few of us participating :(
HAMA Mirano
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Bug in 2.15.2 Beta, maybe in earlier version too.

- in my job where I work in Photoshop I use levels (ctrl l by default). When I want to close this inner window normally I press enter or click ok button. When I do it manually then XMBC works as it should. When I set chord (RMB with LMB) to use {return} in simulated keystrokes then that inner "Levels" window closes in fact but XMBC stops working, I mean it's still on, I can even open settings but I can't use anything I bound to mouse buttons and roll. Only when I click 'Exit' in tray window then again open XMBC it start working. Well I was thinking maybe something else causing it but today I found alike behaviour in my home also with other application.

- on my home computer I set chord (RMB with LMB) to close VLC by using alt F4 in simulated keystrokes. When I do it manually it's fine XMBC works normally, it worked for sure in all versions of 2.14 when I used mouse chord to close VLC. Now when I do it, it closes VLC but XMBC profile for VLC keeps working as default XMBC profile, so in Windows and in any application I open. When I want to stop it, I have to close XMBC to open it again.

I think it's easy to reproduce and if I got it with 2 different applications where in first case (job) I closed inner Photoshop windows just by confirming changes and in second one (job) by just closing XMBC I guess other users may experience the same in other apps. I'm not sure only as I didn't check it will it happen if I didn't use chord to do the above but for ex. some single mouse button. Anyway like I said it didn't happen before with 2.14 and maybe 2.15.1.

EDIT 1:

I tried with single button both with VLC and Photoshop and XMBC worked still fine. I tried also other combitnation of chording like Middle button with LMB and problem was back. I found also that I may disable XMBC after that and then I don't have problems that my mouse want to use alt f4 in default profile but after I enable it then problem is back untill I reopen XMBC.

EDIT 2:

I tried another chording combination. This time Middle Button and RMB and it worked fine, so conclusion is as far as I use whatever (start) chord button where second is LMB then problem is activating. Other words saying LMB pressed as second button after pressing and keping middle or right button causes that last app. profile get stuck as default profile.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
BriHecato
Dedicated

Post by BriHecato »

Beta 15.2
1. Dou have that issue that in new profiles not all actions work? Like chording started from 5th button?
2. Cannot set sticky hold shift under the chording LMB+RMB (or reverse), it's locking my LMB completely (good theres ScrollLock!)
3. how do you guys target TotalCommander? Exe or specific window?

I cannot reproduce this issues cos if something not work i try another method and if few methods doesn't work either i remove setting, an forget about it ;) waiting for next beta

4. Is there possibility for 3-button chording? Like: 4th+RMB then LMB ? Just in theory, cos i don't know if i would use it at all

5. Also think that AutoHotKey is too complicated, clavier+ is simplier but of course it's not scripting app - just use profiles like XMBC, but i got stability (and lag) problems with it.
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

Scrolling in excel sometimes works sometimes doesn't. I have nothing assigned to Wheel Up/Wheel Down but in the Scrolling and navigation tab I've set the Scroll method to: 'Method 1 (SCROLL Msg)' with Vertical lines and Horizontal characters both set to 1.
When I revert the Scroll method back to 'Default' there is no problem.

Thanks
Iliya
HAMA Mirano
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

v2.15 Beta 2.jpg
v2.15 Beta 2 :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HAMA Mirano
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote:Bug in 2.15.2 Beta, maybe in earlier version too.

- in my job where I work in Photoshop I use levels (ctrl l by default). When I want to close this inner window normally I press enter or click ok button. When I do it manually then XMBC works as it should. When I set chord (RMB with LMB) to use {return} in simulated keystrokes then that inner "Levels" window closes in fact but XMBC stops working, I mean it's still on, I can even open settings but I can't use anything I bound to mouse buttons and roll. Only when I click 'Exit' in tray window then again open XMBC it start working. Well I was thinking maybe something else causing it but today I found alike behaviour in my home also with other application.
OK I cant reproduce this no matter what I try.
can you turn on debug logging and reproduce it then send me the log? Also, a copy of the profile that causes the problem would maybe help me reproduce it - the VLC one ideally as I have that here :)).

I'm going to be away this next coming week so I doubt I'll get any chance to look until next weekend/week!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--