XMBC 2.15 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Re: XMBC 2.15 Beta

Post by Kukurykus »

Superb! no {layer:back}, {layer:last} as last active and {layer:previous} as opposite to {layer:next} :idea:

Disable (button) dropdown list option got wrong behaviour in my opinion, why?

When I had some simkeys set (or simply something else from dropdown list) or even chosen whole set of buttons in chordings and I change it to disable I can go back to that I had set before. But when I switch to disable and click apply then close when I'm back to XMBC everything I had before choosing disable is LOST! So here comes double idea. You may change that option with disable and additionally add tickable box on the left side of buttons dropdownlist (on the right there is gear). When the box is empty then it's working, when it's ticked (not with v, but red x) then the layer is disabled. You can apply changes, go back to XMBC and untick that red x. That button will be enabled again and all commands bound to button previously will be retrieved.

Ps. what about possibility to copy set of choring layers to other layer the way as it's done in its parent. I think now there is chance to copy parent (some layer) with entire content including children (so choring layers too) to other layers, but if someone needs only to copy only chording layer to other layer or other layer in some button wouldn't be it convinient than doing other manual workaround for this like it is now?
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
BriHecato
Dedicated

Post by BriHecato »

I was still on beta 6 ... no autoupdate, why?

I really tried layer feature in XMBC but it's not handy in my workflow, probably because of software and task i'm about to complete. Very often I use small amount of commands without some repetitive sequences so could use more buttons and chordings instead of layers and modifier keys :(
My config is based mostly on default profile with 4th, 5th, and 6 chordings with additional chordings in few apps.

Kukurykus, Injtsvetkov - could You post your settings on the forum (in shared profiles) ? You are far more advanced users than me :) I'll post my right away

I'm waiting for Phil to find (or use existing) solution to recognize and bind additional buttons. There was luamacros topic that is like "light in the tunnel".
Combined with XKeyboard in XControl Suite !
Let the PC do the hard work = AHK + C# + HTML/CSS/JS + XMBC + Clavier+ + AutoLisp + VBA/OOB
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

BriHecato wrote:I was still on beta 6 ... no autoupdate, why?
I'm waiting for Phil to find (or use existing) solution to recognize and bind additional buttons. There was luamacros topic that is like "light in the tunnel".
!
Sorry but I certainly wouldn't say that that was light at the end of the tunnel... it might be that we know there is a tunnel somewhere in the distance, but we haven't seen the beginning of the tunnel, never mind the end of it.
In short, don't get your hopes up!

As for the auto-update, I don't know why that wouldn't have worked. No one else has had a problem. XMBC uses DNS record look-ups for its version checking (because they get cached and reduce bandwidth compared to HTTP calls) - its possible that some cache somewhere between my server and your PC has got messed up but that does not generally happen!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
BriHecato
Dedicated

Post by BriHecato »

I suggest You to include button with "search for updates now" and second button "serach for betas now".

We know where is the tunnel! Under the mountain. So we need just to go to the mountain :)
In other words we need library that allow us to listen for any incoming datas from USB and recognize/sort/separate them (to differ mouse 9th button from downloading photos from smartphone via microusb cable).
Probably recognizing keyboard/mouse/gamepad/keypad signals would be easy.

I'll check some USB sniffers from uncle google.
Let the PC do the hard work = AHK + C# + HTML/CSS/JS + XMBC + Clavier+ + AutoLisp + VBA/OOB
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.15 Beta 14.

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.15 Beta 13:
  • #455 - Fixed uninitialized variable for the delay time (button chording).
  • #456 - Replace {layer:back} with {layer:previous}.
There are no updated translations in the template file for 2.15 Beta 14.

I expect this to be the final beta before 2.15 drops (bugs permitting).

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).
NOTE: I'm Back to work next week so the updates will slow down a bit again!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

There could be inscturctions in simulated keystrokes list of available commands about all kind of layers (next, previous, last etc). I remember they weren't put so as threre was a little mess about, but now it sorted :)
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

Kukurykus wrote:There could be inscturctions in simulated keystrokes list of available commands about all kind of layers (next, previous, last etc). I remember they weren't put so as threre was a little mess about, but now it sorted :)
I agree, the Sim Keys window is the perfect place for explanations about all available commands. Furthermore, it is very useful when you have all the commands written in there and you can copy them directly. Just one thing I think is worth mentioning, when I double-click a command - it gets selected together with the 'space' behind it (or 'comma' and 'space'), but if I double click the '{CTRL}' in the line where there is '{CTRL}{ALT}', it gets selected perfectly without any additional characters. Now I would suggest removing all the commas and spaces between the commands for easier selection by double-clicking, but probably others won't agree, so at least removing the commas will be nice I think. Or I don't know if replacing the spaces with '_' would do it, or double-clicking will select the '_' too :roll:

Thanks
Iliya
HAMA Mirano
Windows 8.1 x64, Intel i5-3230M @ 2.60GHz, 4GB
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote:There could be inscturctions in simulated keystrokes list of available commands about all kind of layers (next, previous, last etc). I remember they weren't put so as threre was a little mess about, but now it sorted :)
There could, but as I have already said (about 2 or 4 posts ago), I am not doing that before 2.15 because of all the extra translation work.

Thanks
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

There could, but as I have already said (about 2 or 4 posts ago), I am not doing that before 2.15 because of all the extra translation work.

I'll look at the commas and spaces when we change it to - That window is particularly nasty for the translations so I might take the opportunity to make it more sensible at the same time.

Thanks
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
BriHecato
Dedicated

Post by BriHecato »

I havent tested USB Sniffers, so far one of app use windows device manager with all nodes (unrecognized devices also). Second app can directly recognize name of device (like DELL USB Keyboard).
But none of them report any incoming signals, maybe I ned to use admin account and restart PC, but no have time for it.

What about {PRESS} and {RELEASE} simkeys tags? As far as i know both tags works only with ONE next character.
So example {PRESS}abc{RELEASE}cba results in string "abcba" because "a" and "b" are released immediately and repeated at the end of this sequence. Should this works like that?

Maybe change it to {PRESS:abc} {RELEASE:cba}.

Cursor position in window sometimes count not from left outer corner (of the border and title bar) but sometimes count from the corner of inside of the form.
Thunderbird - outer corner,
XMBC setup window - inner corner of profiles area,
totalcommander - multiple inner corners (each bar, both panels)
Wonder what it depend on, classes? handles?

Simkeys help and examples could be pulled out of this window into html help. Compact window with link to help and checkboxes. Because it's growing to big with displayed tags and descriptions.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I'll make a note of that {PRESS}/{RELEASE} idea save that for a future release.

The cursor position is based on the client rectangle of the window (or control) under the cursor. So if there is a control withing a window, the number will be relative to the control. Its a tough one to decide how to handle that, because you may want it relative to the parent window or the control itself, depending on how the profile is setup (application or window). Maybe it could determine that relative to the profile your currently editing if it is a specific window profile.

However, its a guide that gives a general idea.... May need some further work of course but Im not going to hold release up for that I don't think?! I want to get 2.15 out before my signing certificate expires in Feb (I have a new one ready but haven't actually received it yet)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

phil wrote:I'll look at the commas and spaces when we change it to - That window is particularly nasty for the translations so I might take the opportunity to make it more sensible at the same time.
My idea is either to remove all the spaces between the commands or make all commands followed by the same character (which would mean that the last command in each line should also be followed by the same character e.g. 'space') so we could use simple '{LMB}{LMB}{CTRL}C' and '{LMB}{CTRL}V{BACKSPACE}' macros in Sim Keys and use them to easily copy/paste each one of the commands :)
HAMA Mirano
BriHecato
Dedicated

Post by BriHecato »

My another idea about this "nasty" tag description window (apart of removing all contents to some help file) is to make little buttons for all the tags.

When you hit the little button it would autoinsert the proper tag string into simkey editbox at cursor position.

Translate will be much spimplier because you only translate descritpion without all this

Code: Select all

\t\t{UP} {DOWN} {LEFT} {RIGHT}\r\nFunction key tags:\t\t{F1, F2, F3 ... F24}\r\n
About {PRESS} / {RELEASE} - after {PRESS:abc} , the simple {RELEASE} tag would release all previously pressed characters in proper order, or {RELEASE:b} would release only specified character (holding the rest).

There could be hidden auto-release behavior after the simkeys are executed for users who forget to release :)
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

BriHecato wrote:My another idea about this "nasty" tag description window (apart of removing all contents to some help file) is to make little buttons for all the tags.

When you hit the little button it would autoinsert the proper tag string into simkey editbox at cursor position
Well that would be great :D, but there are a lot of tags (and probably there will be even more in the future) so let's see what Phil's gonna say. Or maybe drop-down boxes for each group of tags so one could easily pick the desired tag to be inserted in the text box. That way adding new tags in the future will be easier.
HAMA Mirano
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

I found 2 bugs:

1) when you hover over some bar (next to (roll) button) but without clicking it (so the dropdown list is still closed) and you use mouse up/down roll it works fine untill it finds any position with some inner window like chording, revert layer modifier, simulated keystrokes etc. This bug happens only when you scroll down / up (without previous extending dropdown list). Normal behaviour would be if such specific option like for ex. Run Application, when found, wouldn't trigger additional window if that wasn't clicked first.

2) when you open chording (without clicking), but the way described in first point, and you move your cursour outside of main XMBC window (not current / active one) and press ESC key then XMBC asks do you want to save changes before leaving. It's no matter what you answer, the problem is that XMBC closes in fact but active Window stays open and you can still play with it)/ This bug doesn't happen after choosing some option by clicking.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P