XMBC 2.15 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC 2.15 Beta

Post by phil »

pm or email it to me - phil@highrez.co.uk
Attachments work after 4 or 5 posts (to prevent spam)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Scrolling & Navigation : Ignore repeated remapped vertical / horizontal scroll : for x miliseconds.

I have an idea how to improve this part. I don't know how about others but this little change if possible of course would make my life much easier.

For example if I set "Ignore repeated remapped vertical scroll" for 1000 ms then after I tilt to left or right I have to wait 1000 ms another tilt I do will be accepted. And this is fine as far as I want a delay of 1000 ms for the same direction of tilt I just made. So if I tilt to LEFT It's OK I have to wait 1000 ms the next tilt will be possible as I set it intentionally. I don't like that I have also wait whole 1000 ms to do tilt to RIGHT if the previous tilt wasn't to right but to left. It's completely alike to this function for vertical scroll. No matter I roll it up, I have to wait a set time, to do a move to down, while I need to do it immediatelly.

There is only no problem if I want to for example make a left/right tilt after up/down scroll or vice versa under a limit of time I have set.

My question is: is it possible to add special option that (beside a delay is gerneral like now for scroll or tilt) if users want it, a delay is for one of 2 directions (whatever tilt of scroll) so if they wish to make another tile/scroll to the other direction it's going to work before delay of original tilt/scroll will be passed?

PS1. I didn't know I should post it in this section as improvement you maybe implement for 2.15 full version or in separate topic.

PS2. I just checked first topic of this theard, I'm not sure but "Fix issues with simulated keys for {LAYER:Next} and {LAYER:Previous}" is done? so should be changed to green :mrgreen:
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
33XAnt
New User

Post by 33XAnt »

Here are the pertinent files:
Google Chrome.xmbcs
XMBC_chording_issue.txt
I chose a profile that has associations in both ScrollNavigator & X-Mouse Button Control.  ScrollNavigator is using the middle button to perform drag to scroll actions (change movement to scroll in your prog); the latest beta introduces button sticking when combined with ScrollNavigator.

Also Beta4 has introduced another bug, unrelated to ScrollNavigator, wherein chording events are sent to underlying windows.  For example I have a button chord set to minimize the window (SimKey = LWIN+DOWN) in Google Chrome, in Firefox the same chord is set to show tab groups (SimKey = CTRL+SHIFT+E): Now when I use the chord to minimize Chrome with the Firefox window in the background, Firefox's tab groups is opened after Chrome minimizes. This continuation of chorded events never happened before (in v2.14 or in Beta3).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK I think I understand the continued chording, I went to some effort to switch the chord to the active profile when the profile changed - maybe I should have just canceled the chord - that would be easier and probably better :)

As for the sticking, not sure why it has any impact yet - I will try and figure it out with your profiles and log if I can find some time this week!

Thanks.
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Not a bug, but wrong behaviour that can be considered two ways:

When XMBC is disabled my mouse uses the speed set in General Settings. For me it's fine but not where I work and share computer with other employee. We use different mouses, so when I come to work at morning and go out after 8 hours then he comes and change a mouse he works with. He doesn't use XMBC so always I leave my workstand I disable it.

Problem is that our different mouses need different speed. Mine is too fast while his is too slow. When I take out mine and he plugs in his mouse it works too slow. It's why I always have to remember that beside disabling XMBC I should change "mouse speed" in General Settings to higher value.

Well in my opinion when XMBC is disabled then speed of mouse should be back to that set in Windows (however it may be changed alredy by XMBC, so Windows can't change it back untill this original value was somehow remebered and with every disabling XMBC restored).

After all I don't think that would be good solution to disabling everything in XMBC when I disable simply different applications profiles, all at once. So maybe you can add special option next to speed slide to tick if an user wants that with disabling XMBC also speed mouse value was restored. And if that field left unticked then disabling XMBC won't affect restoring this value.

As I say it's specific situation, and to be honest I just tried to exit XMBC and the speed left the same I used before exiting. So it didn't help. Well maybe you have some solution for this situation like adding General XMBC profile for more than one user, or more mouse profiles it could be selected in main XMBC menu right after opening it, how do you think?

A little off-topic, probably it's Windows behaviour and you can't change it, but when I want to change a value on slider I don't click a indicator of slider, keep and then move it. I simply click a position where I want an indicator was set on. Unfortonately it doesn't go there immediately. I have to click so many times there is difference between desired position and previously choosen position of indicator on slider.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Help - Ive noticed a bug and I need to know if others are seeing it....

When you start Windows, or logon to a new session (after signing out) I have noticed that XMBC does not work with elevated windows. That is, for example, if you open computer management or any other program is run as administrator, XMBC does not see any clicks in it - The setup screen does not highlight in orange when buttons are pressed in said elevated windows.

If you disable XMBC and then re-enable it, or exit and restart it, it all works as expected.

I suspect that XMBC is running too early on my machine and installing the hook before something else on the system has happened. Indeed, if I add a 10 second delay at startup it appears to fix it.

I don't know if this is a new problem or has always happened on Windows 10 or what, but I need to know if others are seeing it to determine the best way of fixing it.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote:Not a bug, but wrong behaviour that can be considered two ways:

Well in my opinion when XMBC is disabled then speed of mouse should be back to that set in Windows (however it may be changed alredy by XMBC, so Windows can't change it back untill this original value was somehow remebered and with every disabling XMBC restored).
I will have a look and see what I can do - XMBC currently does not remember the mouse speed, it just changes the global windows option. But I can change that and make it behave the same as the number of lines to scroll which does get remembered and reset when the profile changes or XMBC is disabled.

Maybe this is also the time to allow people to change the mouse speed on a per-profile basis (which has been requested in the past) - if I were to do that, I would probably have to seperate out the scrolling & navigation tab into two tabs, one for scrolling and one for other options - giving me a bit more space/room to grow!

Will see what can be done.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

phil wrote:I would probably have to seperate out the scrolling & navigation tab into two tabs, one for scrolling and one for other options - giving me a bit more space/room to grow!
Phil
IMO that's only a matter of time, so the sooner you do it the easier it will be for you. I believe that there are other options that will also become on a per-profile basis at some point in the future, so trying to stick all the stuff in only one tab would be a nightmare.
phil wrote:Help - Ive noticed a bug and I need to know if others are seeing it....
I've never seen it on win 8, is that behavior only on win 10?

Iliya
HAMA Mirano
Windows 8.1 x64, Intel i5-3230M @ 2.60GHz, 4GB
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

All is fine here. XMBC highlights buttons when I click something in administrator mode or in Computer Managment right after logging in to system.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote:All is fine here. XMBC highlights buttons when I click something in administrator mode or in Computer Managment right after logging in to system.
Remind me, what OS are you using?

Maybe this is a windows 10 specific thing - or maybe its just me :)

EDIT: To all, maybe you could put the useul/relevant info like that (specs etc.) in your forum signature?! :)
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

After first sentence I thought maybe I should to put my system specification, then I read another part of your post and noticed you're just asking for. Anyway I added it as you can see now underneath.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
33XAnt
New User

Post by 33XAnt »

XMBC interacts with CompManagement just fine after boot.  I even have a profile that is aimed at one of the inner workings of that window.  It all checked out.
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
X-Mouse Button Control 2.15 beta 3
Logitech G500
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

33XAnt wrote:XMBC interacts with CompManagement just fine after boot.  I even have a profile that is aimed at one of the inner workings of that window.  It all checked out.
33XAnt, I just googled your mouse Logitech G500 and as I see it got minimum 5 buttons + 4 direction scroll I wonder did you see alrady this topic: https://forums.highrez.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2456

If not, please read it and post there at least result of tests, I mean are all (5 + 4) "buttons" recognized (correctly) by XMBC and don't you have any problems with all of them during chording LMB, RMB, MB, 4thB, 5thB with each other and additionaly 4 directions of scroll.

Thank You in advance. If youtr mice will pass a test it go to green section, if not then to red.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
BriHecato
Dedicated

Post by BriHecato »

2.15 beta 4

1. When creating new profile for new window (any method), trying to set new action - chording, XMBC imports (sugest) chording from one of existing profiles (complete chording) - probably last used/edited but im not sure

2. When XMBC widow is up and focused I'm unable to use screenshot application Greenshot - nothing happen when I smach "printscreen" button (I set it that there should be Greenshot magnifier under cursor and I should select region do capture) - I've noticed that in this situation windows is doing "ordinary" whole screen shot to clipboard.

3. Still little typo in "wheel up" action for any profile except default
http://i63.tinypic.com/2e21gjq.png
Gear button for settings lead to copied chording window

4. "Same as default profile" doesn't work in my laser app - in default profile I got 4th button on copy and 5th on paste with chording (4th to RMB - print, 4th to LMB - del etc..).
In laser app I set 4th and 5th "Same as default", add additional actions inside chording - no action (in or outside of chording) works. I re-set this profile with actions once again.
Don't remeber if it works in previous releases, because I'm still experimenting with my workflow and XMBC setting. It's not a bug for me, probably this laser app is only one to blame (as many times before, it's really bad-to-the-bone app).

5. Razer driver for my Nostromo is bringing me BSOD once a week ... and addons slow down my firefox - not sure if this happen because of current beta, but there wasn't any problems few years ago :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

6. Still no updates about XKeyControl :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

7. BTW example of my longest simulated key action - copy/paste from one ods to opened template, then set autofilter in g5 cell:

Code: Select all

{ctrl}a{ctrl}c{run:C:\Users\oem9\Desktop\SLG.ods}{waitms2500}{ctrl}v{ctrl}{pgdn}{ctrl}{shift}{f5}g5{return}{alt}{down}{tab}{ctrl}{end}{return}{tab}{return}
Notice that you are not limited to run only applications (*.exe) but you can point to file associated with app in windows.
Let the PC do the hard work = AHK + C# + HTML/CSS/JS + XMBC + Clavier+ + AutoLisp + VBA/OOB
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.15 Beta 5.

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.15 Beta 4:
  • #442 - Ability to restore default mouse speed when disabling/exiting XMBC
  • #441 - Fixed an issue when creating a new profile so it clears chords/simkeys.
  • #439 - Modified fix when chording and profile changes, chord is now simply released.
  • #426 - Added ability to slow mouse speed down via a layer modifier key.
  • #248 - Add mouse speed on a per profile basis (split scrolling & navigation into two tabs).
There is a new translations for 2.15 Beta 5.

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--