XMBC 2.15 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Re: XMBC 2.15 Beta

Post by Kukurykus »

Yes, it works now, but XMBC doesn't detect it, though I have like always "Check for Beta version" ticked. It also say I have latest version when I manually check for new one.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

XMBC uses DNS lookups for version checks, to reduce load on my server - it can take up to 48 hours to propagate over the internet (your computer and ISPs cache DNS)... If you flush your DNS cache, that will probably make it find the new version - in command prompt, type:
ipconfig /flushdns <return>

Then check again....
Or just wait until it works :)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

BUG1

I just wanted to set select next layer in chording mode - holding right button then clicking middle button. Then I wanted to assign Layer (next) but I found at the bottom of list where normally is section with layers there is nothing!

I tried the same without chording mode, and layer section was available. Is it bug or there is any restriction that layer can't be choosen in chording mode? I don't think, as I made changing layers by simulated keystrokes, and they changed.

BUG2

Even when I switched layers (and even when swichting was done with Released method) untill I assigned switching layer to for ex. layer 2 all I clicked worked like in chording mode from layer 1. A difference was that I didn't need to hold that initial chording button, just click any other working with. This bug is alike to that I reported to you lately (closing current app or confirming changes in inner window), but at least in that previous catch of bug I just could make workaround, so change method 1 (pressed) to method 2 (released), now that isn't helping.

BUG3

Info ballons about disabling / enabling XMBC or changing layer doesn't work in 2.13.3 ?

Ps. Thx for last reply.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Bug 1 - Not a bug. Changing layers from a chord is dangerous and far too complex to make sure things don't go wrong. For example - if you have a chord that changes the layers, and the new layer does not have the same chord, then XMBC would have lost any contextual information about the current chord. The only simple way to do it would be to force the same chords on all layers which makes it a bit pointless.

Bug 2 - again, switching layers when chording is dangerous - I'm not surprised it does not work properly. When you change layer states, I'll have a look at this - and the answer will probably be to ignore layer change commands IF a chord is active at all (that was the intent)!

Bug 3- Not sure about that - I didn't change it intentionally and its working fine her, so long as you have notifications and layer switch notifications turned on in general settings.

Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

3) yes it's working when chosen from a dropdow list, but when put into simulated keystrokes like {layer:2} (also without chording) then not. To be honest when that is set in simulated keystrokes personally I don't need ballons to be showed, especially when I put to simulated keystrokes many commands, while swithing layer is just one of them.

1 & 2) It's okey then, I thought so, that was intentional. When someone is new to XMBC or still novice there would be mess at beggining for his actions. If such persons want to step on more advanced level they can use simulated keystrokes, where it's only their own responibility to remember about placing switching layers commands in proper button layers. I do use layer change in simulated keystrokes during chording as it's better for me to keep single buttons for other stuff I use more often on layer 1. So if it's possible I hope you're not going to remove it from chording, but only not adding as separate stuff to bottom of dropdown list. And right, when I realised how it works I added in the layer I switched to (chording) proper layer change option, so all worked then like it charm.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote:Step by step what I did when XMBC is turned off (not disabled), and previously cleared XMBC log:

1) opened notepad
2) opened some movie in vlc
3) opened XMBC
4) went to XMBC setup by shortcut
5) went to setting to enable debug mode
6) applied changes and close settings
7) when was in VLC with played movie I hold RMB and clicked LMB (method one was set)
8) alt tab to opened before notepad clear document
9) clicked LMB (what closed notepad)
10) disabled XMBC

Then I opened archived XMBC log to .rar and attached to this post.
OK I think I understand now... The chord is still active until you release the right button (after left click chord in VLC) but the VLC profile goes away because VLC closes.

The chord therefore never gets released, because the profile has changed and the new profile has no chords - so the old one is remembered and all hell breaks loose!

I have added some code to release the old chord if the profile changes and the new profile does not have the a chord on the chorded button. Will see if that fixes the problems in the next beta....
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.15 Beta 4.

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.15 Beta 3:
  • #439 - Fixed bug when chording and profile changes, causing chord to get stuck.
  • #438 - Attempt to fix a crash when the revert layer does not fire.
  • #436 - Fixed a bug introduced in 2.15 Beta 3 whereby it did not work
    with elevated processes!
There are no new translations for 2.15 Beta 4.

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

phil wrote:#439 - Fixed bug when chording and profile changes, causing chord to get stuck.
I'm happy to confirm that Phil another time made XMBC is better and better tool ever to help your work would be much nicer and easier!
  • When I close VLC by chording right & left mouse buttons with simulated keystrokes {alt}{f4} I don't need anymore to set method 2. I works now with method 1, even when I set "delay between simulated keystrokes" to 1!
  • When I accept changes in inner window (Levels) of Photoshop by chording right & left mouse buttons with simulated keystrokes {return}, XMBC doesn't stuck on the "Levels" window set of buttons. It changes back to Ps buttons set!
  • And the last I mentioned lately there is problem with but now it works well - when I change a some application layer by chording right & left mouse buttons with simulated keystrokes for ex. {layer:2}, XMBC doesn't stuck on the previous layers buttons.
Phil you are much better developer than Adobe Photoshop stuff who don't fix some bugs produced in CS2. And even when did after thousends reports they create few new bugs instead of that. It's amazing just one guy do work what all staff of Adobe can't, not to mention they don't care or just listen to!
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

phil wrote:OK I think I understand now... The chord is still active until you release the right button (after left click chord in VLC) but the VLC profile goes away because VLC closes.

The chord therefore never gets released, because the profile has changed and the new profile has no chords - so the old one is remembered and all hell breaks loose!

I have added some code to release the old chord if the profile changes and the new profile does not have the a chord on the chorded button. Will see if that fixes the problems in the next beta....
I just noticed your previous answer. YES IT WORKS NOW, so like I confirmed also that in point 3 (chord layer change to other layer with no chord) of previous post. If it is not too late you can update your XMBC update log of this one message :D
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Thanks for confirming my fix (#439) worked :)
--[ Phil ]--
33XAnt
New User

Post by 33XAnt »

Sorry to say that change #439 seems to have introduced interference with another program that I use, ScrollNavigator. In it I have assigned scrolling navigation to the middle button + it has settings to make buttons 4/5 send their message directly to the window under the mouse cursor; using XMBC with SN enabled now makes the middle-button, back-button and forward-button all stick after being pressed. There were no significant conflicts to speak of in previous versions of XMBC, including v2.15b3

I use ScrollNavigator alternatively to XMBC's own drag to scroll capability, because it is currently more advanced in that area.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Are you using button chording? Because I think #439 is only going to make a difference with chording! It should have no impact on anything not chorded.... Will look in more detail tomorrow as its late and I'm not at home!

Thanks
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
33XAnt
New User

Post by 33XAnt »

Yes, all the main (first 5) buttons are set to button chording in my default profile.

Thanks for looking into this whenever you have the time :mrgreen: , NO RUSH. I've simply reverted to 2.15beta#3.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Can you please give a little more info on your setup - how are the chords configured for example? A copy of your settings file and maybe some debug log may be useful but I will have a look tomorrow (later today now) and see if there is anything obviously wrong!
--[ Phil ]--
33XAnt
New User

Post by 33XAnt »

Sorry to be bothersome, I know it's not a convenient time, but I don't have permission to post attachments.