XMBC 2.15 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC 2.15 Beta

Post by phil »

injtsvetkov wrote:v2.15 Beta 2.jpgv2.15 Beta 2 :(
Arghhhhh! :)
Thanks for letting me know (I think!).
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

injtsvetkov wrote:Scrolling in excel sometimes works sometimes doesn't. I have nothing assigned to Wheel Up/Wheel Down but in the Scrolling and navigation tab I've set the Scroll method to: 'Method 1 (SCROLL Msg)' with Vertical lines and Horizontal characters both set to 1.
When I revert the Scroll method back to 'Default' there is no problem.

Thanks
Iliya
Excel has always been a bit of a bu**er. Maybe capturing some debug log when it stops working might be useful/telling - I'm not sure. If it works when left as default, what are you trying to achieve by changing it?
Maybe a copy of the profile would be useful (and what version of Excel?)
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

BriHecato wrote:Beta 15.2
1. Dou have that issue that in new profiles not all actions work? Like chording started from 5th button?
2. Cannot set sticky hold shift under the chording LMB+RMB (or reverse), it's locking my LMB completely (good theres ScrollLock!)
3. how do you guys target TotalCommander? Exe or specific window?
1. No, please explain a bit more so I can see if I can reproduce it.
2. Seems to work fine here in explorer with chords on 4th button and sticky left on left button of chord - what are you doing - any chance of a copy of the profile?
3. I Don't use TotalCommander so I cant comment.

If I cant reproduce the issues then I cant very easily fix them, so as much information as possible is welcome.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

phil wrote:
injtsvetkov wrote:Scrolling in excel sometimes works sometimes doesn't. I have nothing assigned to Wheel Up/Wheel Down but in the Scrolling and navigation tab I've set the Scroll method to: 'Method 1 (SCROLL Msg)' with Vertical lines and Horizontal characters both set to 1.
When I revert the Scroll method back to 'Default' there is no problem.

Thanks
Iliya
Excel has always been a bit of a bu**er. Maybe capturing some debug log when it stops working might be useful/telling - I'm not sure. If it works when left as default, what are you trying to achieve by changing it?
Maybe a copy of the profile would be useful (and what version of Excel?)
Well by default, scrolling in excel was moving 3 lines at a time. I saw somewhere that some user had mentioned using this option to make it scroll 1 line at a time and tried it to see how it is. Indeed it was nice so I saved the profile that way. I haven't had any problems with that in 2.14 (and I think in 2.15 B1, but I'm not sure). I use excel 2003 SP3. But a few days ago, since I started having problems, I reverted back to default and excel started scrolling 3 lines again. The strange thing is that now when I open excel, it scrolls 1 line at a time with the option set to default :roll:. I'm gonna try 2.14 again to see if everything will be normal.
I think that as BriHecato suggested there is some major issue with profiles but it seems it's not only about the new ones but it affects the existing ones too once you have changed them. Last week I have experienced some other strange issues that I have never seen before and I can't describe right now (the mouse buttons were somehow messed up), but I had to disable XMBC to make things right. I'll try to investigate when I have a chance but since they are completely random and I don't know how to trigger them I'm not sure what results I'm gonna get.
phil wrote:I'm going to be away this next coming week so I doubt I'll get any chance to look until next weekend/week!
And thanks for informing us, so we don't freak out when you don't reply :lol:

Thanks!
Iliya
HAMA Mirano
Windows 8.1 x64, Intel i5-3230M @ 2.60GHz, 4GB
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I havn't changed anything there in 2.15 beta (intentionally at least) so I suspect the problems will be there in 2.14 also but let me know.

I will probably be around enough to reply here - business trip, I hope with not a lot to do in the evenings - assuming I have wifi - but if I'm quite, that's why, unlike last week when I was recovering from the weekend :)
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

I'm sorry for a delay with sending you log and prodile what causing a problem described few posts back.

When I'm in VLC and watching some movie and want to close it I press chording RMB with LMB (simulated keys) {alt}{f4}. It closes a VLC window but then default profile behaves that each time I press LMB it closes active window, when I press it again it closes another window and so on I reach desktop. When I try to use any mouse button they don't work until I disable XMBC from shortcut. When I enable it I can use my mouse normally but without bound commands did in XMBC. To restore them I have completely to exit XMBC and open it again.

I attach log and profile. In the log I don't see any error. Anyway I opened VLC then opened XMBC (not enabled), beeing in VLC pressed RMB and LMB. After I closed VLC I pressed LMB and then disabled by shortcut XMBC.

You should also read more descriptive post from 2 weeks as I remember I put there more information.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
NeoTheOne
New User

Post by NeoTheOne »

Hi,

Firstly, thanks a lot for your great mouse utility.

And now, just a little question:

Would it be possible to handle the {PAUSE} ( {VKC:19} or {EXT:19} ) key in the next version?
I have tested it in the version 2.14 and 2.15 Beta 2, but this key (and maybe some others) don't work yet.
I have done the same test with the 'Logitech' gaming software, and there, it works without problem.

Best regards, NeoTheOne
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Please search the forums for pause / break because there are several posible solutions.
I have tried several times and each time I change it for someone, someone else finds a different problem.
Have a try of some of the workaround others have found and let me know if any work for you.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Phil, I found the solution both for {alt}{f4} in simulated keys when chording are set for RMB with LMB in VLC as well as in Photoshop where the same chording i.e. RMB with LMB are set to close inner "levels" window in Photoshop where I set just {enter} what has to confirm changes I made.

I simply changed "How to send the simulated key strokes" from position 1 (as mouse button is pressed) to position 2 (as mouse button is released).

Only then {alt}{f4} I set in VLC and {enter} I set in "levels", an inner window of Photoshop doesn't affect on everything else in Windows as default setup which adopts chording and simulated key strokes code (of VLC and PS) each time I click left button. Reopening XMBC is a way to return normal behaviuor.

In my opinion it shouldn't work like it, that only when I set released from pressed all if fine. So I consider it as a bug I hope you fix somehow though like you said you can't for some reason reproduce it :(
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I wonder if the fact that a mouse button is held down (the chord) it interferes in some way.
It would be interesting to turn on debug logging and see if XMBC is sending the keystrokes as expected when set to method 1 - and the other app is ignoring/doing something different because of the chorded buttons!?
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Step by step what I did when XMBC is turned off (not disabled), and previously cleared XMBC log:

1) opened notepad
2) opened some movie in vlc
3) opened XMBC
4) went to XMBC setup by shortcut
5) went to setting to enable debug mode
6) applied changes and close settings
7) when was in VLC with played movie I hold RMB and clicked LMB (method one was set)
8) alt tab to opened before notepad clear document
9) clicked LMB (what closed notepad)
10) disabled XMBC

Then I opened archived XMBC log to .rar and attached to this post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hi Kukurykus,

Its not clear, do you mean that method 1 worked when debug was enabled (when it didn't work when debug was disabled)? If that's the case, it sounds like a timing issue - which might explain why it works for me (CPU speed/load dependent). Debug slows everything down - so its not uncommon to behave differently - and probably means I can do something about it if I can reproduce it!

If that is the case, it would be interesting to know if the "Delay between simulated keys" value makes any difference with debug disabled, try a higher/lower value and see if that "fixes" it!

EDIT: Can you send me your settings file too so I can try and reproduce exactly here!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.15 Beta 3.

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.15 Beta 2:
  • #437 - Added global hotkey to centre the cursor on the primary monitor.
  • #436 - Button chording does not work/highlight with tilt wheel.
  • #435 - Fixed a bug causing Enhance Pointer Precision to stay turned on.
  • #434 - Fixed bug relating to CAPSLOCKON/OFF in simulated keystrokes 'During'.
  • #433 - Trying to import a language pack in the XMBC settings folder fails.
  • #432 - XMBC can crash when importing settings.
There is a new language template with some new translations for the new/updated features!

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Yes, method 1 was set during debug, as this method makes problem.

You could misunderstaood me. Firstly I deleted entire content of log file before I started all action described in previous post as points. So I started with empty .txt. file. Then I turned on programs (notepad, then VLC) and then turned on XMBC (however I could simply enable it). I did it in order I could archive log to rar without cutting out the part where problem showed up in .txt file (just for readability).

No matter debug was enabled/disabled. Problem appears debug is on/off.

I tried before play with "Delay between simulated keys", but it didn't help (CPU priority too). After your request I tried it now again. There is still no change :( In fact after I changed it from 1 to 60 I could control it somehow that it didn't happen, and then I found that if I press RMB and click LMB, and then release both at once or one after one in very short time all is okey, but if I hold RMB, press and release LMB and keep still RMB for longer than a second (in case "Delay between simulated keys" is set to 60) problem occurs. When delay is set to low, so 1 I can't do anything, problem occurs always. I think there shouldn't be limit of time I can keep pressed RMB, because if I keep it too long after pressing and releasing LMB a bug shows up. Just an info I didn't mention before. When I release LMB, then release RMB, an option window pops up. I mean any window what shows up when you normally click right button. Then when button keys are released (no matter I close this pop up window with ESC key or not) each time clicking left button whatever action I set to chord, it is triggered.

The only thing I can do is to send you my settings you asked for. Attached.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: it's not always a good idea to set "Delay between simulated keys" from 1 to 60 even if that helped for typing before entered text which has to be displayed in some apps using simulated key strokes. Just by luck I found now that if I type some text in simulated key stroked, for example: XMBC is a great tool. Then clicking a mouse button the text is bound to, this text is showing very slowly, I mean letter after letter, the more delay the more time passing between showing next letters of that sentence. If "Delay between simulated keys" is set to some low level or just 1 then "drawing" time every next letter is so fast that an eye can't catch it. In my opinion it should be changed, that single letters entered to simulated keys shouldn't be devided by any delay. There only should be delay between "commands" like {ctrl}c or {ctrl}v. You know deleay between {ctrl} and c or {ctrl} v, not between single letters/numbers/etc as if I work with some app. profile when "Delay between simulated keys" set to high level, even 60 is OKEY and then for some reason I want go to notepad to enter some text, I have to wait long time it will be typed. Or I will manually open XMBC settings and change "Delay between simulated keys" again to 1. Then after closing notepad I go to XMBC settings to change "Delay between simulated keys" back to for ex. 60 and so on. Maybe it would be best you add special "Delay between simulated keys" for each app. profile, or like I said before change behaviour for beeing displayed text only. If a text is not a command, but a row of letters, then there shouldn't be delay between single letters. Normally if I want a delay between letters in simulated key strokes I precede each by {waitms<N>}, it's a correct way, isn't it? ...now I found a solution how you could solve it. Computer doesn't know you really want single kayes to be pressed as single ones or as whole sentences. Sometimes, and probably the most often we want they were pressed as single characters, as in some programs pressing them may trigger some action, but as you see there's chance we want a whole sentence. So the solution would be if you add to simulated keys special command. If someone wants to put a text to be displayed in no time then he could do it by this command: {sen:XMBC is a great tool} instead of XMBC is a great tool, what in that second case it would typed all letters with a speed depended on "Delay between simulated keys". In the first case that would be always immediately, no metter of value (1-60) in "Delay between simulated keys". The above are my thoughts for separate topic.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ps. I found that this "bug" is really irritating when I set something in default profile. That doesn't must be in simulated key strokes, but of course in chording mode (RMB and then LMB). For example I set "Open Web Browser". When I'm on desktop (problably not only) and I hold RMB, then press LMB, web browser opens. Like before when I set {alt}{f4} it opens browser each time I just click left button (of course right is released). The difference is that reopening XMBC doesn't help at all to rid of this activity. When something is set to Default XMBC probile then only one option is to restart computer! Very strange as XMBC should start off from ZERO, but it just continue remembered operation from before quitting it.

And quite important information is (I mentioned it 2 weeks ago too if you missed it) that this behaviour occurs in choriding mode but only when second key is LMB, no metter what first one is. If that was LMB, but second middle or right etc, then all is fine.

off topic: that link to update to 2.15.3 doesn't work as well as when I check for updates directly from XMBC
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Link to 2.15 Beta 3 is now working - sorry about the delay - it helps if I remember to copy the files to the ftp server for distribution :).

The rest I will deal with later - its too late here now!
--[ Phil ]--