Newbie Questions

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
identitydubai
New User

Newbie Questions

Post by identitydubai »

Hi
I have couple of obvious questions that I did not find answers for.

1. I have setup 2 layers, How do I delete the 3rd layer?
2. How can I swap a the second layer with the default layer so I make the 2nd as the default.
3. Why Export button is greyed?
4. Why [right click] > Export All > Save ... saves nothing and there is no output file

I am using XMouse Button Control Version 2.13

:hide:

F.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Newbie Questions

Post by phil »

Hi,

1. You don't need to disable the 3rd layer - but if you want to remove it to keep the i/f clean and tidy, then in general settings, set the number of layers to 2.

2.You can enable hotkeys or layer modifier keys (a layer modifier key will toggle the layer while the key is held down, a hotkey will switch layers) to switch between layers in the settings tabs or you can set a mouse button to switch/toggle between layers.

3.Import/Export are for individual profiles. Unless you have setup an application specific profile, there is nothing to export/import (if you just want to backup the settings, you can take a copy of XMBCSettings.xml which holds everything.To find that file, hold CTRL and left click the XMBC icon in the system tray and it should open the folder in Windows Explorer).

4. See 3!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Don't forget, that XMBC will switch profiles automatically - that may be more useful than using layers, depending on your use case. This allows you to have different button mappings for specified profiles which will become active when the mouse cursor is over said application and these can be imported/exported.
--[ Phil ]--
identitydubai
New User

Post by identitydubai »

:cheers:

Thank you
Mouse
New User

Post by Mouse »

Re: Number 3 ( Backup file )
I have copied and saved the ' XMBCSettings.xml' ..... does this contain ALL my applications i have added to left pane ?, ie, Chrome / Opera / Explorer etc .... ( My preferances set for each of these )
if i ever need to install a 'Backup' do i just go 'Import' the Browse to the 'XMBCSettings.xml' file ??
( What does the 'xmbcs' file i saved have stored , do i import this ? or the 'XMBCSettings.xml' file ?? Many Thanks :shock:
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Yes that file contains everything. You can hit the “Load Profile” button and “Save Profile” button which load/save the entire settings (all profiles and all global configuration). The XMBCS are individual application/window profiles. XMBCSettings.xml (and *.XMBCP files) are identical and contain everything in the one file.

Yes I know the wording on those load/save profile buttons is a little confusing (I know) it should say load/save settings not profile!
--[ Phil ]--
Mouse
New User

Post by Mouse »

Many Thanks for Help :birth: