server 2003 and quake 2

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
deejayadhd
New User

server 2003 and quake 2

Post by deejayadhd »

hi there just want to say first of all thank you for this amazing bit of software, my microsoft mouse took a crap and my friend gave me a wireless micro innovations mouse/keyboard combo. i was freaking out though because i no longer had the per application button mapping ability but after searching i found this.

im trying to get the 4 and 5th buttons mapped to keys (n and m atm) which works fine but when i go into play quake 2 they dont work, and the weird thing is in quake control settings i can set the buttons right on the mouse and it picks them up but then in game they just dont do anything. n ans m do there job from the keyboard and i verified that the 4 and 5 buttons are properly mapped to n and m using notepad. ive tried adding quake to the per application thing and tried just mapping it as default same thing happens. i guess quake 2 is just gonna refuse to recognise these buttons?

edit: and thought id mention this worked in quake 2 with the intellipoint software and microsoft mouse.

and this is the mouse i have...

http://www.mic-innovations.com/product_ ... nt_id=1001
phil
Site Admin

Re: server 2003 and quake 2

Post by phil »

Quake 2???? Wow I haven't played that for about 10 years :)

I wonder if it uses an older keyboard /mouse input method (i.e.. a lower level, before XMouse gets injected). The intellipoint stuff I think works at driver level rather than user level like XMouse and as such there are some limitations that I just cant get around. It sounds like you have already tried everything I would usually suggest so I'm at a bit of a loss how this can be worked around/fixed.

Sorry I cant offer more assistance but I will have a think about it and see if I can come up with something.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
deejayadhd
New User

Post by deejayadhd »

yea ive been getting into some old games for old times sake, already beat quake 1 and was in the middle of quake 2 when my mouse freaked out on me. well the next game i'll be trying out is duke nukem 3d we'll see how that pans out, thanx again.

edit: works perfect for duke 3d... just wish i could get it rolling for quake 2 but not that big of a deal, anyways im stoked its working for duke thanx man!
Last edited by deejayadhd on Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

lol... duke 3d.. Classic. I loved that game - but Im still waiting for the sequel!
Anyway Isn't it a DOS game ?? - that may present other difficulties.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
deejayadhd
New User

Post by deejayadhd »

sorry to be misleading its actualy some special hi res version for xp, cant remember exactly what but it works perfect in xp without dosbox or anything.

this is it

http://hrp.duke4.net/about.php