XMBC 2.12 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

XMBC 2.12 Beta

Post by phil »

OK, I have begun the next beta phase with XMBC v2.12 Beta 1.

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.11.1:
  • #331 - Added Click Button 4 & 5 actions to button dropdown boxes.
  • #330 - Changed 'Close' behaviour to send a close message to the parent window rather than ALT+F4 o it works when other keys are held down (eg. layer modifiers).
  • #329 - Workaround issue with Andy Android Emulator that uses hooks that break XMBC by re-installing XMBC's hooks 20s after Andy is detected.
There is a new language template with some new translations for the new update features.

Code: Select all

# -- Added in 2.12 Beta 1
"Click Button 4" => ""
"Click Button 5" => ""
Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC 2.12 Beta

Post by phil »

OK, I have begun the next beta phase with XMBC v2.12 Beta 3.

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.12 Beta 1:
  • #334 - Add option to allow user to enable/disable the volume & brightness OSD (available for Vista/Windows 7/Server 2008 only).
  • #333 - Modified Global Hotkey and Layer Modifier GUI layout to increase space for translated texts.
  • #332 - Robustness - attempt to fix seemingly random/timing related crash when resuming form sleep/hibernate on some systems.
There is a new language template with some new translations for the new update features.

# -- Added in 2.12 Beta 3 --
# NOTE: This option is only displayed on OS's where it is applicable - ie. Vista, 7, 2008, 2008R2
"&Enable On Screen Display for volume and brightness settings" => ""
Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK, I have begun the next beta phase with XMBC v2.12 Beta 4.

Changes since v2.12 Beta 3:
  • #335 - Added option to allow the user to disable the loading of US English keyboard layouts where no suitable EN keyboard layout already exists.
    NOTE: When disabled, some simulated input may not work as expected.

# -- Added in 2.12 Beta 4 --
"Load &US English keyboard if no equivalent is available" => ""
I've also made a new tool to help translators -> https://forums.highrez.co.uk/viewtopic. ... =195#p8714

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK, here is XMBC v2.12 Beta 5.

Changes since v2.12 Beta 4:
  • #340 - Added option to de-bounce buttons based on the button up (release) time
  • #336 - Manual check for update does not work if auto-update check is disabled!
  • #330 - Modified 'Close window' action to fix some bugs.

# -- Added in 2.12 Beta 5 --
"Start de-bounce timer when button is released" => ""

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK, here is XMBC v2.12 Beta 6.

Changes since v2.12 Beta 5:
  • #343 - Attempt to fix a High DPI related issue on Windows 7 that 2.11 broke (while fixing Windows 8.1 & 10!)
  • #342 - Modified global hotkeys so if one hotkey can not be used (already in use) it does not remove all hotkeys! Added warning that F12 can not be used as a global hotkey as Windows reserves it.
  • #341 - Added option to reset the sticky buttons when the layer changes (so it can be disabled).

# -- Added in 2.12 Beta 6 --
"Reset stic&ky buttons when the layer changes" => ""

# -- Added in 2.12 Beta 6 --
"Global hotkeys" => ""
"F12 can not be used as a hotkey on its own as this is reserved by Windows." => ""	#Error shown if user tries to assign F12 as a global hotkey.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK, here is XMBC v2.12 Beta 7.

Changes since v2.12 Beta 6:
  • #341 - Fixed option to reset the sticky buttons when the layer changes (so it can be disabled).
There are no new language translations in beta 7.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK, here is XMBC v2.12 Beta 8.

Changes since v2.12 Beta 7:
  • #345 - When activate window under cursor is enabled, don't activate windows that have the WS_EX_NOACTIVATE style.
  • #337 - Windows 10 apps not working as expected (profile detection).
There are no new language translations in this beta.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
piyo

Post by piyo »

I recently migrated from 2.11.1 to 2.12.0.8, and having a problem.
When resuming from sleep mode, XMBC is always disabled.
I'm using ReinstallHook Disable="true" and this setting seems to be the reason of the problem.
As a test, I set ReinstallHook Disable to "false", and this problem didn't happen.
Could you solve this problem ?
Thanks,
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

You shouldn't need to use the setting ReinstallHook Disable="true" any more.
We put that in because (you?) had a particular problem, which I believe is fixed now.

Unless there is a good reason to keep it, I might remove the setting - why do you still use/need that hidden setting?
--[ Phil ]--
piyo

Post by piyo »

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I requested this option.
So, I don't need to disable ReinstallHook anymore ? I didn't know that. Thank you for let me know.

Ok, in a short test, XMBC and AHK script didn't interfere with each other.
Great work, thank you.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I think the bug that caused the problem has been fixed. However, if I am wrong and you do find a problem, please let me know. I will see what to do in the short term but I hope the option is no longer needed.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK, here is XMBC v2.12 Beta 9.

Changes since v2.12 Beta 8:
  • #347 - Robustness - Modified and improved code to try and fix another bug when resuming from hibernate (related to #332).
  • #338 - Change cursor icon when using change movement to scroll and when locking X and Y axis. Also modified the change movement to scroll to try and improve/smooth it a little bit

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK, here is XMBC v2.12 Beta 10.

Changes since v2.12 Beta 9:
  • #349 - Added movement to scroll axis locking so that its easier to scroll in only one axis. This may need some additional work - let me know how you get on with it.
  • #348 - Fixed issue scrolling RDP sessions when both local and remote machines are both Windows 10!

I think I'm pretty much feature complete now on 2.12 - hopefully only tweaks and bug fixes to go before release.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
SkySorcerer
New User

Post by SkySorcerer »

Well, I use the «Change Movement to Scroll (Sticky)» a lot with my trackball, and in beta 10 I've found myself occasionally trapped in horizontal scrolling instead of vertical (clicking out and clicking in again fixes this). I'm not sure, maybe the program is detecting scrolling direction based on the last movement of the trackball. I think it would be a good idea to split that function between «Vertical Scroll Sticky» and «Horizontal Scroll Sticky»...
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Yes, I am trying to determine the axis the user wants to scroll and lock to it because others have request that https://forums.highrez.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2122 - of course, its impossible to please all of the people all of the time etc etc... and right now its not really working as intended.... The problem having two different options horz & vert is that you can no longer use the one button for both.... The ideal is that you can use one button for both - but maybe I need a different change movement to locked scroll or something... Its something I will keep playing with but maybe for 2.12 will revert to non-locking for now and think about it again in 2.13!
--[ Phil ]--