slider in Rapoo 7800p mouse

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
minek83
New User

slider in Rapoo 7800p mouse

Post by minek83 »

I recently bought a Rapoo 7800p laser mouse. This mouse has a 5 buttons, tilted roll and slider +/-. In Windows 7 x64 when I use the slider, the driver starts the Magnifier and I can zoom in or out the picture on the screen. I can change it in Rapoo's software. This software allows to assign different functions for the slider (and buttons etc.). Is possible to change function for this slider in XMBC?
phil
Site Admin

Re: slider in Rapoo 7800p mouse

Post by phil »

Long answer: I suspect that this slider, which is non-standard on a mouse, does not send mouse messages, instead it will be sending something specific that the driver/software recognises and re-configures.

XMBC remaps standard Windows mouse messages and only windows mouse messages. Unbless the button, wheel, whatever, sends a standard windows mouse message (for which there is support for 5 buttons, scroll and tilt <ONLY> then XMBC will not be able to re-map it.

Short answer: Almost certainly, no XMBC will not be able to remap this slider.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
RDGreen

Post by RDGreen »

yeah, too bad - - just bought one and was hoping it could somehow be mapped. By default (in Windows) it sends Win + plus-key and Win + minus-key which opens the magnifier and does the +/- zooming. You probably need to go via rapoo driver.
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

I've got old little Rapoo 3920P. It doesn't have slider, but I bought it as it has left, right, middle 4th, 5th buttons, and left / right tilt with forward / backward roll. All of them are Windows detectable so XMBC programmable. With so many ways to use these buttons you don't need slider actually, but it's good addition whatever it does.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD