A window of the volume status in real time when use XControl

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
eddiepadre
New User

A window of the volume status in real time when use XControl

Post by eddiepadre »

Hello, I am new here. Excellent Mouse Control Program. Only one suggest for the future. When use the mouse volume control, that is may case (Taskbar) i would like that the program exhibits a view control of the volume in real time, like the volumemouse of Nirsoft. Of course XMouseControl is a real complete program for the Mouse. Volumemouse only manages de volume of the sound.

This is my suggest, and please excuse my English. Eddie/ Puerto Rico.
phil
Site Admin

Re: A window of the volume status in real time when use XCon

Post by phil »

What OS are yo uon? It does this by default in Windows 8 but perhaps not in earlier Windows versions. It is very useful so I can consider doing something for versions of Windows that do not already do this :)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Would you want the volume notification to only show when changing the volume from XMBC or whenever anything else changes the volume too - could probably do both and make it optional but interested to know your thoughts.
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Check out 2.11 Beta 3 - I have added an OSD for the volume functions in XMBC for Windows < 8

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
eddiepadre
New User

Post by eddiepadre »

phil wrote:Would you want the volume notification to only show when changing the volume from XMBC or whenever anything else changes the volume too - could probably do both and make it optional but interested to know your thoughts.
Hello Phil, thanks for your rapidly answer. In my case I use Windows 7 64 Bit.If you have this in Windows 8...I going to wait when you work in other Windows version. But before I going to try with the beta version that you suggests. I like to see the real position of the volume when use the up and down in the wheel mouse. As you said, to only show when changing the volume from XMBC. This is only one suggest, other issues the program works perfect.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK Well 2.11 beta 3 provides volume notification, by default only when you use the volume methods in XMBC. It can however be enabled to show for any volume change in the general settings page.

Let me know if it works for you - its working quite nicely in Windows 7 for me (and is very useful so thanks for the suggestion - not sure why I hadn't though of doing it before :))

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
eddiepadre
New User

Post by eddiepadre »

phil wrote:OK Well 2.11 beta 3 provides volume notification, by default only when you use the volume methods in XMBC. It can however be enabled to show for any volume change in the general settings page.

Let me know if it works for you - its working quite nicely in Windows 7 for me (and is very useful so thanks for the suggestion - not sure why I hadn't though of doing it before :))

Thanks,
Phil
PHIL, Where I download your 2.11 beta 3, Eddie
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

There is a link in my earlier post (above) to the beta forum thread... or just go to the beta thread at the top of the XMBC forum!
--[ Phil ]--
eddiepadre
New User

Post by eddiepadre »

phil wrote:OK Well 2.11 beta 3 provides volume notification, by default only when you use the volume methods in XMBC. It can however be enabled to show for any volume change in the general settings page.

Thanks,
Phil
Hello, Phil, yes the volume notification appears in the Beta 3, but I am a little situation. The notificaction appears in the left corner of the display and I can not move to a desire position, taskbar for example, or other position. Any posibilities in your future proyect to display this notification to move to a user desaire position? All of the things in the Beta 3 works good. Thanks, Eddie
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Urm, yes as I said, I styled it on widows 8 which is also fixed but you can interact with that one to drag the volume bar etc.

The easiest option would be to gave a list of position options rather than "anywhere" but no real reason I couldn't do that too - just painful in the xmbc settings window! I'll have a play around and see what I can do when I get a chance.
--[ Phil ]--
eddiepadre
New User

Post by eddiepadre »

phil wrote:Urm, yes as I said, I styled it on widows 8 which is also fixed but you can interact with that one to drag the volume bar etc.

The easiest option would be to gave a list of position options rather than "anywhere" but no real reason I couldn't do that too - just painful in the xmbc settings window! I'll have a play around and see what I can do when I get a chance.
Ok,Thanks for all Phil, I wish that all your ideas can accomplish in your future projects
x1104471081
New User

Re: A window of the volume status in real time when use XControl

Post by x1104471081 »

thanks u