XMBC 2.11 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

XMBC 2.11 Beta

Post by phil »

OK, I have begun the next beta phase with XMBC v2.11 Beta 1.

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.10:
  • #298 - Fixed a bug causing the layer to stick if the profile changed. Now the layer reverts before changing profiles.
  • #298 - Added ability to override the default log file location (on a per user basis).
There is a new language template with some new translations for the new update features.

Code: Select all

# -- Added in 2.11 Beta 1 --
"&Log File Folder" => ""
"Leave blank to use the default folder!" => ""
"*** Changes to the log file folder will be applied next time you start XMBC! ***" => ""
# --
Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC 2.11 Beta

Post by phil »

And now I have setup the download link correctly - sorry about that one folks! :oops:
--[ Phil ]--
mtissington

Post by mtissington »

This update breaks multiple profiles/layers.

I have 3 layers. 1, 2 and 3
I have 3 profiles, Default, VMWare and Task Bar.

If I switch to layer 2 and then move the mouse over the task bar, it switches back to layer 1 (and stays on layer 1 until I manually switch back again to another layer.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Urm OK that was kind of the intent... but only if you had the layers switched using the layer modifier keys... I'll check the logic!

EDIT: Doh your right - its switching the layers back when simply changing profile - it was only supposed to do that if the layer modifier was set on one profile and not another :( I'll fix it ASAP.

EDIT2: Fixed in 2.11 Beta 2 (below)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK, here is XMBC v2.11 Beta 2.

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE.

Changes since v2.11 Beta 1:
  • #298 - Modified the fix made in 2.11 Beta 1 so it only applies in the correct cases.
Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
mtissington

Post by mtissington »

Hmm, this seems to cause a strange problem when using VMWare Workstation.
I do NOT have xmbc installed in VMWare.

The only thing the default profile does is to make right click = left click and left = right (swap buttons)
I have a vmware profile which for right & left clicks uses same as default profile.

The problem is that with .11 now in vmware regardless of which button I press I always get a right click.

Any ideas?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

There is no change in 2.11 beta from 2.10 that should make any difference, unless you are using layers because other than changing the log file location the only other change is related to switching layers.

XMBC has never worked with VMWare. VMWare operates with the mouse at a lower level, and either does not intercept the buttons or you get both the default (original) action and the new action sent at the same time. hence you get a left and right click at the same time in this case. This is not new, and the only way to get XMBC working with VMWare (since vmware 7 sometime I think) has been to have a VMWare profile setup that does nothing except keep everything "same as default") so I'm confused as to how you ever had any success with XMBC and VMWare?!

Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I just checked this with 2.11 beta 2 and 2.10.2 (VMWare 11) and they behave exactly the same, both cause the same problem in VMWare if I setup XMBC like this. VMWare sees both left and right click as I explained. Nothing new here!

EDIT: If all you want to do is swap left and right, then your better off using the global option "Swap left and right" buttons as this does it using the windows mouse control panel (and can still be overridden on a per profile bases on the scrolling and navigation tab).

That should work with VMWare too - but again, is not different between 2.10.x and 2.11 beta(s)
--[ Phil ]--
mtissington

Post by mtissington »

something strange is going on then.

I have an external Microsoft mouse (layer 1 left handed) and an internal trackpad mouse (right handed).

I also have a VMWare profile.

When running the latest version and the VMWare profile is active (inside vmware window) I get BOTH a right click and left click triggered (they turn orange at the same time).

If I disable the VMWare profile I still get BOTH triggered.

This only happens when using the external Microsoft mouse.

Any ideas?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Set the VMWare profile to "Nothing (Dont intercept)" for the left and right and see what happens.
--[ Phil ]--
mtissington

Post by mtissington »

I'm puzzled here.

I tried as you sugested, also disables the VMware profile.

I can EITHER the external mouse to work correctly or the internal track pad to work with VMWare but not both.

For testing I have XMBC setup with ONLY the default profile but multipel layers.

Windows Control Panel Mouse settings for swap mouse buttons is left UNchecked on both host and guest.
mtissington

Post by mtissington »

OK, I removed xmbc and deleted all existing profiles.

I installed xmbc 2.11 on the host only.

Mouse control panel on both host and guest shows unchecked for swap mouse buttons.

In the default profile I create a second layer (total of 2 layers)

I use my external mouse left handed and the trackpad right handed.

Layer 1 (default)

Left Click = Right Click
Right Click = Left Click

Layer 2

Left Click = no change
Right Click = no change

Outside of VMWare this all runs great and as expected.

Inside VMWare when Layer 1 (default) is active no matter which button i click I always get a right click
If I switch to Layer 2 then the trackpad works correctly.

Hope this helps to repro the problem.

PS I have noticed that XMBC seems to be checking Swap Mouse buttons in the mouse control panel - maybe this has something to do with the problem.
Luke7

Post by Luke7 »

Hi Phil
Are you on the latest build ( 10061 )of Windows 10?
MS seems once again to have made some changes to the mouse function.
The mouse can now by default ( in windows 10 ) scroll in all open windows on the desktop, active and inactive.
Sadly, your option for double click in X-mouse button, does not work very well on the latest Win10 build.
Win32 apps opens twice and modern apps hardly responds to double click from X-mouse.

Hope you can fix it, in a future build.

Regards
Torben
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I have the latest build on my surface pro 2 but I haven't really used it much. Thanks fr the info - I will have to take a look and see why double click isn't working (and perhaps disable scroll window under cursor in XMBC if its enabled by default in the OS!)
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

mtissington wrote:OK, I removed xmbc and deleted all existing profiles.
PS I have noticed that XMBC seems to be checking Swap Mouse buttons in the mouse control panel - maybe this has something to do with the problem.
VMWare does not work well with XMBC. The default action for the button always gets through to VMWare, as does the remapped function. So if you set the left button to "Right click" then it will send both a left click and a right click.

There is nothing I can do about this. VMWare sees the buttons before XMBC can remap then therefore I can not block the original button getting through to VMWare. Its a shame but I havn't found any way around this so far, except to set a profile in XMBC to not do any mappings for VMWare. In your case, if you want to behave differently in VMWare in this way, I think your out of luck, unless the "swap buttons" on the scrolling and navigation tab helps (but this is not layer specific so I doubt it).

NOTE: When swapping buttons on the scrolling and navigation page, XMBC toggles the system option in control panel so that should work for any program, including VMWare but is not layer specific, just application specific.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--