Request: WHEEL UP/DOWN buttons

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
cin
New User

Request: WHEEL UP/DOWN buttons

Post by cin »

If these buttons were added to X-Mouse it would be possible to use wheel to change pictures in Windows Pictures and Fax viewer, as an example.

So WHEEL_UP - press Right Arrow, WHEEL DOWN - press Left arrow.

The only problem may be, that Windows Pictures and Fax viewer is started as explorer.exe and only the window part of the name (\"some pictire - Windows FAx and Picture Window\") or window class (ShImgVw:CPreviewWnd) can be used to identify it.

You can easily check it using Mouse Wheel Control 2.01 (www ardamax com mwc/). I can even use my own application similar to your X-Mouse (KM Remote), but I think it would be nice to add these \"buttons\" to yours. I know that WHEEL are treated the same way as 5 buttons in hook.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I will add it to the TO DO list...

I think I'm going to have to do some GUI redesign because its all getting a bit cluttered.. but GUI in C++ is nasty time consuming stuff :( Maybe I can write the GUI component in .NET... hummmmm :)

Anyway, I understand what your asking for and I will try and add it to the next version, but I cant promise when that will be released.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
cin
New User

Post by cin »

I understand your C++ GUI programming pain ;)

How is X-Mouse written? Pure Win32 API? Message punmp? My KM Remote started as academic API project and so it is very hard (time consuming) to change it. KM Wakeup is wrirtten using MFC, so adding one or two controls is quite fast.

Anyway good luck with any solution you'll choose.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

The XMBC setup dialog is MFC so its not as bad as it could be if it were pure win32.

The DLL that holds the hook and actually does all the work is pure win32 though to keep it as small and efficient as possible.

Having said that, the ease of GUI development in C# is really tempting, at the same time leave the small efficient hook in C++. I'm not sure how that will work logistically - it will mean more dependencies for XMBC which puts me off a little, but then who doesn't have .NET installed these days I wonder!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)