Detect & interprete concurrent mouse clicks

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
GiMo
New User

Detect & interprete concurrent mouse clicks

Post by GiMo »

Hi! I just got a Trust Laser Combi Mouse Something 6900-Z... a six button mouse, with tilting wheel. Unluckily and unsurprisingly, Trust's drivers are crap... I tried to trick my intellimouse drivers to think that the trust is some sort of microsoft mouse, and while that worked, the huge issue now are the sixth extra button and the tilting wheel. What's extremely weird is how that crappy mouse \"sends\" the commands to the pc.
Let's forget about the sixth button (which, when I press it, just right-clicks) and the other five, which kind of work. The main issue comes from tilting the wheel left and right. Whenever I do this, the mouse sends as output \"wheel click\" + \"4th button click\" or \"wheel click\" + \"5th button click\".
Now for instance, with intellicrap, I mapped wheel click as double click, 4th click as copy and 5th click as paste. Moving the wheel left selects the word under the cursor and copies it, moving the wheel right selects the word and pastes the clipboard's content over it!
Is there a way to detect \"concurrent mouse clicks\" and output them as... something else? Even... nothing is OK! Just, not copy & \"overpaste\" while scrolling left & right :)
Thanks a lot!!

PS: forgot to mention, I'm running winXP SP2 32bit...
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hi,

Ive not yet had the pleasue of owning a tilt wheel mouse of any sort. Its a bit difficult to know whats possible without having any hardware.

I'm sure my next mouse will have a tile wheel but it seems, like with other buttons, they all talk to the OS differently :( so even then, Im not sure I will be able to do anything about it.

People have asked about mouse chording, interpreting two buttons pressed at the same time, maybe this is a simular question.... Im not sure.. But either way its going to be a lot of pain in XMBC which is why Ive not really looked into it yet... I don't have as much time to devote to it these days, I generally try and tackle the \"easy\" issues :S

If/When I get a new mouse I will see what I can do about the tilt wheel support. Maybe its done in a standard way :)

Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hummmm, I just remebered, I do have a tilt wheel mouse on my media PC... I have just plugged that into my desktop and guess what, I can recieve the tile messages in XMBC...

I don't know if this will work for ALL mice but I'm willing to give it a go and add two new mappings for tilt left/tilt right...

I also don't know if this message will be sent on OS's older than Vista ... we shall see.

Stay tuned for a new version in the next day or so :)

EDIT: Damn it dosn't work in XP, only Vista :( Maybe with intellipoint, but even then I doubt it... XP does not know about the new message for tilt wheels. That was introduced in Vista. In earlier, OS's Intelipoint is supposed to map the tile to horizontal scroll... I don't know how it does this - it must be driver level I guess - or it (intellipoint) knows how to get at the raw mouse input before windows gets it.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
GiMo
New User

Post by GiMo »

Thanks a lot for trying to address this issue with my crappy mouse (no wait, the mouse is even decent, but its software counterpart, trust drivers, is utterly useless :)
Given the last news, I think I'll keep using XMBC for the regular button mapping, and I'll forget about the tilting wheel and that extra sixth button (has anyone here got 6 fingers in one hand? :| )... or better switch back to my trusty 76-years-old Intellimouse Exploder!
Thanks again for this beautiful piece of software ;)