What mice work with XMBC?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

What mice work with XMBC?

Post by phil »

I've had several people now ask if their mouse is supported by XMBC.

The only real answer to that is to try it and see, but there are several tell tales signs. If you have a 5 button (or more) mouse and the 4th and 5th buttons perform back/next in your web browser then its almost certain XMBC will work for the first 5 buttons (XMBC does not support more than 5 buttons).

All I can say for sure is it works with the first 5 buttons of my Logitech MX518 Optical mouse, with or without the Logitech software installed.

It also works fine with my older (original) MS Intellimouse Optical Mouse and many other generic 4 and 5 button mice I have used.

NOTE: Some Logitech and Microsoft mice require either configuration through Logitech's software or Microsoft's mouse and keyboard center, and in some cases, MS's software can interfere with buttons 4 and 5, in that case, closing/removing the MS software often fixes it.

Please post here and tell others what what your mouse is and if XMBC works for you :)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
krank
New User

Trust MI-2950R

Post by krank »

I can confirm your stuff works with Trust MI-2950R under Vista and so I guess it should work with much of the other Trust mouses of the same nature.

kr/[/b]
jise
New User

Re: What mice work with XMBC?

Post by jise »

WXP SP3 - Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 USB OEM - XMBC 32bit (x86) version works.
trustmouse
New User

Post by trustmouse »

It works great with Trust Laser Combi Mouse MI-6200 (windows vista sp1 x64). Excellent mouse which is now perfect with this customization.
http://www.trust.com/products/product_d ... item=14462

Thank you very much for the great software!
sobejamie
New User

Post by sobejamie »

I can't get my MS Intellimouse Optical Mouse to work with XMBC. I sure wish I knew what I'm doing wrong.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

What version of the Intellimouse are you using? I haven't found one yet that doesn't work but I haven't had a new one in a while??
--[ Phil ]--
theymos
New User

Post by theymos »

XMouse Button Control works much better than the Logitech software with my MX610 mouse. With the Logitech software I would get frequent mice freezes (and the app is huge), but this doesn't happen at all with XMBC. XMBC is small, stable, and it doesn't annoy me. Thanks for making it!
automoto
New User

Post by automoto »

I can verify this v1.44.0 will work with the Kensington expert mouse trackball model # K64325 which is the optical mose. All 4 buttons work and I finally got my Copy\paste control I lost going to Vista. Which, by the way, is the only part of going to Vista that I didn't like (no 4 button control on my trackball). Thank you. The price is right and the software great. :cheers:
pocococo
New User

Post by pocococo »

Works great with Kensington Expert Mouse (K64325).

* 4 buttons and scroll ring work as expected.
Last edited by pocococo on Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
pocococo
New User

Post by pocococo »

Also works with Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet/pen. X-Mouse receives events after they are processed/mapped by the Pen Tablet driver.

* Detects and remaps presses of the pen against the tablet and the pen side buttons (if they are mapped to mouse buttons in the Pen Tablet control panel)

* Detects (as mouse wheel up/down) and remaps the zoom/scroll ring on the tablet (if it is not disabled in the Pen Tablet control panel).

* Does not detect the 4 ExpressKey buttons on the tablet.
wandersfar
New User

Post by wandersfar »

I'm running XP SP3.

I have a wired Apple Mighty Mouse.

XMBC is working. (I used it to reassign the squeeze buttons to show my desktop.)

If it's possible, I would love if XMBC could somehow pick up on the Mighty Mouse's 360-degree scroll, but from what I've read this is a driver issue and Apple's fault.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hi, yes, Im sorry to say that this is almost certainly a driver issue, and Im not really surprised Apple dont have full blown windows drivers for their hardware :!:

XMBC can only interpret what it is able to intercept from the mouse driver installed. And it relies on Windows messages. Im not familiar with this 360 scroll - is it like the newer MS/Logitech mice with a horizontal and vertical scroll n the wheel? If so, XMBC may pick that up under Vista or Windows 7 but not XP.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
migue333
New User

Post by migue333 »

Works fine with Habu Mouse.
beardog
New User

Post by beardog »

I have the Kensigton Expert Mouse. The XMBC v1.46 is working fine for all of the buttons except drag lock. Any idea why or if this is just me?

Thanks!
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Can you be a little more specific with the drag-lock problem? what are the symptoms - its possible I have broken this because I don't use it much.

EDIT: I have just tried it and it seems to be working ok (I tried dragging a few icons around the desktop).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--