What mice work with XMBC?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Dwarden
New User

Re: What mice work with XMBC?

Post by Dwarden »

A4 Tech G11-570HX works with XMBC with and w/o driver
yet, own driver is worth it, for the increased tick rate on USB polling to 500Hz

Logitech M705 works flawlessly with XMBC including horizontal wheel control ...
in fact even w/o any Logitech driver / software installed

* please for some help:
* if anyone knows how force/enable this mouse to run on more than 125Hz USB on Windows 7/8 i would be very happy ...

note: the "hidusbf.sys" filter driver to patch values isn't working with the usbport.sys 6.1.7601.22441 :(
AlanMartin
New User

Post by AlanMartin »

In Windows 7, XMBC works perfectly with my Razer DeathAdder 5 button mouse.

First I installed Razer's driver, which is horribly bloated. It has many features I don't want - but it doesn't have comprehensive mouse button customizing like XMBC. So I uninstalled their bloated driver (I did a system restore because it writes hundreds of entries in the registry)

Without any of Razer's software installed, Windows own mouse driver works well. I can customize the speed etc using the usual Windows Control Panel, as if it was a Microsoft 5 button mouse. And I can enjoy using XMBC to customize the mouse buttons.

Many thanks for such a well made program. :)
lecra
New User

Post by lecra »

Hi people,

XBMC working like a charm in Windows 8.1 with a Logitech M705 mouse. I love it.

Many thanks for this piece of software. This makes my life easier. Count on my donation.

Cheers, Lecra
trackballer
New User

Post by trackballer »

Logitech Cordless Trackman FX (T-RA17), Cordless Optical Trackman (T-RB22)
HyeVltg3
New User

Post by HyeVltg3 »

Not sure why, mainly got X-Mouse for my Logitech Trackball M570 , getting scroll-wheel issues where it just doesnt scroll, was planning to remap button combos to initiate scroll up and scroll down.
But X-Mouse does not see buttons 4 and 5. The programmable (default Back and Forward) buttons.
rwwink
New User

Logitech M-BA47 & Win7 x64 problem

Post by rwwink »

Am having problems with V2.9.2. Using a Logitech/Dell M-BA47 with Win7 x64. Started with 2.8.3 and the button assignments worked well. Upgraded to 2.8.5 and then to 2.9.1 and finally to 2.9.2, Somewhere through these upgrades, the middle button (wheel) stopped working.
My assignments are:
Right Button => "No Change..."
Right Button => Enter
Middle Button => Right Click
Mouse Button 4 => Double Click
The rest of the assignments are "No Change..."
The intent is to have the right mouse button as an "Enter key" and the Middle Button (wheel pressed) bring up the standard context menu. It appears that the early version (2.8.3) button assignments did work while the later versions do not.
Have anyone else seen this problem?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hi Everyone, a gentle reminder, this thread is NOT the place to post issues.

Please create a NEW thread for issues otherwise I wont see them (as I dont generally need to know which mice work with XMBC :)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Re: Logitech M-BA47 & Win7 x64 problem

Post by phil »

rwwink wrote:Am having problems with V2.9.2. Using a Logitech/Dell M-BA47 with Win7 x64. Started with 2.8.3 and the button assignments worked well. Upgraded to 2.8.5 and then to 2.9.1 and finally to 2.9.2, Somewhere through these upgrades, the middle button (wheel) stopped working.
My assignments are:
Right Button => "No Change..."
Right Button => Enter
Middle Button => Right Click
Mouse Button 4 => Double Click
The rest of the assignments are "No Change..."
The intent is to have the right mouse button as an "Enter key" and the Middle Button (wheel pressed) bring up the standard context menu. It appears that the early version (2.8.3) button assignments did work while the later versions do not.
Have anyone else seen this problem?
Hi rwwink, although this should be in a new thread so we can discuss it in detail if needed, I have just tried this here in 2.9.2 and have no problem.
Can you open a new thread and do the following:
Turn on debug logging (advanced settings screen) apply all that then press the buttons you expect to work (is it just the middle button not working or all the remapped buttons?). Then send me a copy of snippet from that debug log so I can see if XMBC is seeing the middle button press and attempting to remap it.

Does the middle button highlight the combo dropdown box in the setup screen when you press it?

Thanks,
Phi
--[ Phil ]--
LoneWolffe
New User

Post by LoneWolffe »

Using XMBC with Logitech M570 Trackball for two main settings:

1) Scroll window under cursor without activating is a nice feature, such as reading a webpage in Chrome and writing in Word 2013

2) The M570 doesn't have left and right scroll (tilt-wheel) like my old Microsoft Trackball. Added Ctrl+Shift modifier to switch to Layer 2, remapping scroll wheel to left and right scroll.

I really wish I could find an app that remaps the trackball itself to universal scroll (I don't care for Logitech SetPoint's version of universal scroll), but XMBC seems to help.

Running latest XMBC292, Win7x64Pro, HP ProBook 4540s, Logitech M570 wireless trackball.

"There is no such thing as a foolproof system. Someone will make a better fool, tomorrow." @LoneWolffe
carlhw2
New User

Post by carlhw2 »

The Contour Mouse (may also apply to Perfit Mouse) works in Windows 7 by doing the following:
1. Install latest driver from Contour, or, if already installed, reset it to factory defaults (the "About" tab, I think).
2. Install XMBC.
3. Use XMBC to assign actions to the 5 buttons and the scroll wheel; do not use the Contour control panel.
Tarrak
New User

Post by Tarrak »

Sharkoon's Draconia Black mouse works with XMBC with two minor problems.

The DPI switch keys, which can be reprogrammed in the original software, aren't even shown as option to reconfigure at all but this is just a very minor issue if at all. I doubt anyone really wants to reprogram them.

Worse is that the mouse wheel tilt settings get shown but the presses of the buttons doesn't get recognized. The default behavior, which is horizontal scrolling is working so the driver and windows can work with it. It seems XMBC doesn't catch the message properly.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

DPI - yeh thats not exposed by the driver as a windows mouse message.
As for the tilt - if XMBC highlights the controls (orange) when you tilt, then it should work. If not then the tilt is being translated in some other way and XMBC wont be able to remap it (what OS?)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
giantspeck
New User

Post by giantspeck »

I have the new Logitech MX Master and it works with XMBC, except that it doesn't detect the horizontal scroll wheel or the thumbrest button. I'm not sure how to get the necessary data to give the developer so that they don't have to run out and purchase this for testing.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

With Logitech mice you often have to fiddle in set point t to 'restore' default mouse button behaviour because Logitech know best!!! That's what I (the developer) had to do with my Logitech G9 but things may have changed of course!
--[ Phil ]--
Tarrak
New User

Post by Tarrak »

phil wrote:DPI - yeh thats not exposed by the driver as a windows mouse message.
As for the tilt - if XMBC highlights the controls (orange) when you tilt, then it should work. If not then the tilt is being translated in some other way and XMBC wont be able to remap it (what OS?)

Thanks,
Phil
I am using Windows 7 64 bit and no the controls do not turn orange. XMBC doesn't recognize the presses but they work in other programs with the default function that is horizontal scrolling. So the driver is getting the signals but either doesn't propagate them properly or it uses some message XMBC doesn't recognize. Is there maybe a way i can check which signal it is sending? Maybe this could help you to fix the problem?

Btw thank you a lot for developing XMBC. It's really great. I love it, especially the automatic profile switch depending in the windows the mouse is in. This allows for so much flexibility without having to swap the profiles manually.

EDIT: Hmm i just realized the mouse buttons 6 and 7 disappeared from XMBC. I swear they was there and working yesterday but i don't remember changing anything. Strange ....