What mice work with XMBC?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Bondtv
New User

Re: What mice work with XMBC?

Post by Bondtv »

ZOWIE EC1 aswell, works great.
Pukat
New User

Post by Pukat »

Hello there.

To contribute to the list I can say I have tested with the next mice an trackballs:
Logitech V220 (Wireless)
Logitech M305 (Wireless)
Logitech V450 Laser mouse (Wireless)
Logitech Trackman Marble (Wired)
Verbatim Laser Bluetooth (Recomended for laps)

All Tested on Windows 7 HomePremium x64 laptop.

As part of the situation, I can say that I'm dedicated now to mouse modding and converting them to trackballs.
Have you noticed that there are not much wireless Trackballs around there?, I only know Kensington's one and no more and they don't sell it on México neither shipping, so I converted that Verbatim Bluetooth mouse to a trackball functionallity so I encountered with the problem that I needed to invert the "Y" axis or the "X" axis according to the place of the optic sensor, I did it so I'm a programmer but I can tell to you that something you can add to your magnificent software is to add that function of invert or rotate the Y and/or X axis .

Thanks for the XMBC.
yeti
New User

Post by yeti »

Works great with Kensington Pro Fit Full-size Wireless Mouse - Model M01130-M

Windows 7 64

Google, are you listening?
Rokas1997
New User

Post by Rokas1997 »

"Acme MW01" works flawless/perfect, just need to swap 4 and 5 buttons
"Logitech LS1" works flawless/perfect to :)

XMBC IS AWESOME!
tinkano
New User

Post by tinkano »

Finally my Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000 works like a charm :P
without intellipoint conflicts for example (ctrl key stuck).
A highly parameterized and accurate tool for my mouse.

Thanks Phil for this AWESOME tool.
amplifier
New User

Post by amplifier »

ROCCAT Kone V1 confirmed to be working, but only with Roccat Drivers installed, otherwise the mouse isn't recoginzed at all, Win7 x64
I also wish there would be a function to remap those special buttons!
Church Punk
New User

Post by Church Punk »

Hi,

first post. Just wanted to let the world know that my Logitech Anywhere MX works with and without setpoint (installed XMBC with setpoint and worked; unisntalled setpoint and is still working with generic windows drivers!).

So thanks for this marvellous app! The scroll window out of focus is a godsend; i missed that so much after returning from Ubuntu 11. And the layers switch with mouse buttons are the perfect "Easy-shift" replacement from the Roccat Pyra i had to throw away :D

EDIT:
Running Win 7 x64*
spad007
New User

Post by spad007 »

Works on my Logitech TrackMan marble FX . had for 20 years. since 386 days
Windows XP pro 64 SP2 .fresh-ish install (was XP home)and after a few boot ups it just started working all of a sudden.
i did run around and turned some things off the day before so i don't know what fixed it. :oops:
i use the back (red) button for "Double click": and the top button for "Middle mouse"
that's all i need at this time ☺ working great so far.
Cpu=AMD FX 8150 8 core,
MB= ASRock 970 extreme 3
gpu= GeForce GTX 295
RepRap Prusa on com 3... :hide:
jrw1
New User

Post by jrw1 »

I'm using Windows XP and I have a Logitech MouseMan Wheel (circa 2001) with 4 buttons (3 standard plus 1 thumb button on the side which I use for double-clicking). It worked fine for years but then it developed a glitch where the thumb button would perform another function such as jumping to the previous folder rather than double-clicking. Oddly, this would only occur after using the thumb button 10 or so times after booting up. Reboot and button would work fine for a while and then glitch would reoccur. Reinstalled Logitech driver (Mouseware) but problem persisted. Logitech didn't have answer but someone on their forum recommended XMBC. Installed - problem solved! -THANKS - (note: only worked with Mouseware installed but not when installed by itself). Later, had to do a reinstall of XP with Mouseware and problem continued. Once again - XMBC to the rescue.
I'm now looking to switch to Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit. Some of the postings here indicate that XMBC can work on W-7 without Logitech's software being installed. Is that correct?
If it isn't correct: unfortunately Logitech's Setpoint driver for W-7 doesn't include my mouse in its setup which means I'd have to use the Mouseware driver in XP Compatability Mode. Would this work reliably with XMBC?
--Thanks for a great product--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I use XMBC without Logitech no problem on Win 7. But it does depend on the particular Logitech model I think (how many buttons etc.) Only sure way to know is to try it (unless someone else can tell you for sure!)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
sanscrito
New User

Post by sanscrito »

Hello

Works fine with SilverCrest STMS 2219
dasfiend
New User

Post by dasfiend »

I have an anker brand wireless mouse that works fantastically with xmouse!

Which is really I think where xmouse shines, these semi-offbrand mice that don't have any software available to manipulate the buttons.

Amazon permalink: http://amzn.com/B00BIFNTMC
JEskandari
New User

Post by JEskandari »

Work perfectly with "Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000" under Windows 8 in fact it work so well that i uninstalled Microsoft mouse and keyboard center and solely use this program.

b the way I wonder if you have plan to port this great software to other Os like Linux ?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Sorry, no plans to port to Linux/Mac. XMBC uses windows hooks so it would not port easily. Ive no idea if there is a similar concept in Linux/OSX (I guess there is but ive never developed software for either platform). I thought in Linux you could do all sorts of button configuration stuff already?!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
XpanD
New User

Post by XpanD »

I'm on Windows 8, using an Evoluent VerticalMouse 4 (right-handed, wireless). This mouse has 6 buttons (scroll wheel press included, sensitivity switches and scroll actions excluded), of which 5 work just fine. XMBC is replacing the somewhat shoddy drivers that come with this device, and it does that very well.