What mice work with XMBC?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
ssdesigner
New User

Re: What mice work with XMBC?

Post by ssdesigner »

Today my mouse's (Tecknet UM013) copy/paste function stopped working so I signed up here to find a solution. One of your posts suggested that the person having issues turn on logging to help find the cause. I did this and without doing anything else, it was fixed. So weird!

Anyways, I highly recommend this mouse. That said, it would be worthless without your amazing software, so a HUGE thanks!
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Perhaps this is going too off topic, but did it continue to work once debug logging was disabled again?
Its actually not all that weird because debug logging slows XMBC down quite a lot, anything timing related can be affected (positively or negatively).
If it continued to work once debug logging is disabled that that's great (although a little worrying as I don't like it when things magically change without understanding why - because it could happen again!).

If it does happen again or continue to be a problem, please can you create a new topic/thread (or simply PM me) so we can discuss and diagnose there, leaving this thread for what it really is meant to be, a list of devices that work (or don't work), rather than bugs in XMBC!

Another possibility (high probability) is that simply changing the settings and hitting apply reloaded the mouse hook and thats what fixed the problem. Windows can occasionally time out the mouse hook (remove it) which renders XMBC useless. The easy way to fix that, open the settings and re-apply them, or enable/disable XMBC etc. Look at what your "Windows Low Level Hoot Timeout" is set to and if its less than 500ms I bet this is what happened! It may happen again, it it does, try increasing the timeout (try an extra 500-1000ms) and see if that helps (you need to REBOOT your PC after changing the value for it to be applied).
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
akashgupta27
New User

Post by akashgupta27 »

I can verify this v1.44.0 will work with the Kensington expert mouse trackball model # K64325 which is the optical mose. All 4 buttons work and I finally got my Copy\paste control I lost going to Vista. Which, by the way, is the only part of going to Vista that I didn't like (no 4 button control on my trackball). Thank you.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

v1.44 Really? Thats over 10 years old! Why v1.44 and not a more recent version?!
--[ Phil ]--
OriKuper
New User

MiniCute EZMOUSE5 (Mini Cute EZ 5)

Post by OriKuper »

Hello, I've been using your XMouse software with my MiniCute EZMouse5 for the past few years, and I love it. This mouse has 5 buttons (5th is the clicky scroll) and scroller. It's a vertical mouse. I love them both... the mouse and your software. Happy new year! :cheers:
ergoZ
New User

Post by ergoZ »

The device is
Kensington Pro Fit Ergo Vertical Trackball (K75326 and probably K75263, K75256, K75254)
The first four buttons are recognized.
AndrewNZ
New User

Post by AndrewNZ »

Newbie warning. I have a Promate Click4 mouse which seems to be focused on media control. It has two side-buttons which are set to increase and decrease volume. I want them to do back / forward. I have tried setting this, initially as the default setup and subsequently specifically for chrome and explorer. The mouse continues to adjust volume. Frustrating and useless. Do I need to go and buy another mouse or am I being dumb in my setup.

Thanks for any suggestions or advice.

Cheers Andrew from New Zealand

Win10

ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 GA401II 14" Full-HD IPS 120Hz 8xCore R7-4800HS 16GB
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

XMBC intercepts and remaps the default windows mouse button messages, so if your device is not sending these, and instead sending volume commands, then I guess that device is not compatible. Unless there is bundled software from the device manufacturer that allows you to change the button behavior at a lower (driver or device) level, back to the Windows "default".
--[ Phil ]--
AndrewNZ
New User

Post by AndrewNZ »

Thanks Phil, I rather suspected that was the situation. Cheers Andrew
Bikegreeny
New User

Post by Bikegreeny »

I confirm it works well with the Dell WM527 Mouse.
I used it to disable the side-navigation buttons as these caused me great revenue loss while working on websites that don't cache your changes to their configuration. Thus, if you just touched the side navigation button, you navigated away from the page you were working on and lose all changes.
bootdisk
New User

Post by bootdisk »

Hey there,

Probably well know fact, but all trackball users heavily rely on XMouse Button (it is literally a lifesaver), due to the crappy software they come with. It's one of the most recommended software in trackballs sub-reddit. :D

Anyway, I came just to state it is working perfectly with:
  • Kensington SlimBlade
  • Kensington Expert
  • Kensington Orbit
  • Elecom Huge
and say thanks! :mrgreen:
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Good to know - thanks. Interestingly there is/was a US based custom trackball maker, CST (Clearly Superior Technologies) that actually had a customised version of XMBC (basically just rebranded) that I built for them to provide with the devices! This was quite a few years ago now and the company I think has been sold (the owner retired) so the version of XMBC they last has a build is quite out of date - Ive had no contact from them for a while (probably because they have been swallowed into a bigger organization).
--[ Phil ]--
wnd05vf0
New User

Post by wnd05vf0 »

Works:
Jelly Comb vertical mouse MV009
Razer Orochi V2 Mobile Wireless

Not all buttons work:
Logitech Lift Vertical Ergonomic Mouse, Wireless
Logitech G604 LIGHTSPEED Wireless
Jason
New User

Post by Jason »

wnd05vf0 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:37 pm Works:
Jelly Comb vertical mouse MV009

Not all buttons work:
Logitech Lift Vertical Ergonomic Mouse, Wireless
Logitech G604 LIGHTSPEED Wireless

Hello
below the scroll wheel button
corresponds to XMBC which option of The button ?
thank
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Jason wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:33 pm Hello
below the scroll wheel button
corresponds to XMBC which option of The button ?
thank
This is not the topic to ask such questions really but i will try and answer (without any knowledge of the mouse itself).
Many mice these days have a button under the scroll wheel that adjusts the DPI/resolution of the mouse. This button is hardware related to the mouse itself and does not send anything to the OS, just adjusts the sensitivity of the onboard mouse sensor. As such, no mouse messages get to Windows and XMBC can not see them. So XMBC can not configure such buttons,

I am not familiar with this specific mouse, but I suspect this is the case here.
--[ Phil ]--