Swap 4th and 5th always?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
tatankasa
New User

Swap 4th and 5th always?

Post by tatankasa »

I play WoW on two different computers, with 2 different 5 button mice. The buttons mapped as 4th and 5th are in physically swapped between the two different mice I use. So when I map in game functions to those buttons while on one computer, and then go to play on the other, it's as if the buttons are swapped. The game remembers, so I have to change the game buttons settings each time I play on a different computer. I was hoping to use X-Mouse to permanently change the button mapping on the one computer, so I dont' have to change the game settings each time. I figured I would change 'RigthX' to click leftX and 'LeftX' to click rightx, but those don't appear to be options in the drop downs. Any chance I'm missing something, or that this feature might be added? Thanks.
tatankasa
New User

Extended..

Post by tatankasa »

Literally the minute after I posted I found the mouse buttons in simulated keystrokes. If I map xleft or xright to {LMB}, it works fine, just like a left click, but if I map xleft or xright to {XMB1} or 2, then applications no longer recognize that I'm clicking anything. Like, in game, if I go to customize a key binding, and it is ready for me to accept any keystroke or mouse click, it sits there like I'm not clicking anything. So the mapping to {XMB1} or 2 maps the button to nothing :D
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hey, Welcome :)

Let me get this straight, your trying to map XButton 1 and 2 (that's button 4 and 5 to most people) the \"other\" way round?

Something I'm quite at home with seeing as my Logitech mouse and MS mouse seem to be opposite to each other when it comes to X-Buttons :)

Anyhow... Are you saying that {XMB1} and {XMB2} does not work? thas a little surprising an a bit of a shame because it simply forwards the message onto the usual API for each occurrence....

Having said all that, I'm not holey surprised that in-game, it treats things differently, as most games use DirectX for keyboard and mouse input, which unfortunately, I believe, sits *before* XMBC, any button pressed will take effect before XMBC can re-map it. I really don't think there is much I can do about this.. And that's one reason I've not messed about much yet with game mappings...

So far, I have managed to send simulated keystrokes to games but thats about it... Maybe we can fix it so sending XMBC2 and XMB1 sends the \"inverted\" functions, but quite frankly, if its not working now, I dont see how I can make much difference, because the game itself is probably w2orking at a lower level than XMBC :(

Thanks,
Phil

NOTE: Any further info may help, but I cant promise anything quickly any more as I have more pressing things to deal with on a day to day basis, like earning a living etc. etc. etc.

:oops:
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
quallo
New User

Re: Swap 4th and 5th always?

Post by quallo »

I have the same problem. Is it always possible to swap the 4th un 5th to taste? Checkbox:always Swap 4th and 5th buttons
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

only by using "simulated keystrokes"... For the 4th button, set {XMB2} and the 5th button, {XMB1}
If there were a check-box to do it, it would only do that behind the scenes anyway so should be no problem using simulated keystrokes.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
quallo
New User

Post by quallo »

I use several mice. for some, the 4th and 5th button is reversed. But thank you for this great tool
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

So for the mice where its reversed, use the simulated keystrokes option I mention above.
Is there a problem with that solution?

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
quallo
New User

Post by quallo »

I have a complex mouse settings
When I change the mouse and the buttons are reversed, I must set all things new. If there was a checkbox to "always swap 4th and 5th buttons" it would be only a click
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Good answer :)
I will try and add such an option in the next version...

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--