Can I Use XMouse Control To Change My Mouse DPI?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
tackyjan
New User

Can I Use XMouse Control To Change My Mouse DPI?

Post by tackyjan »

Hello,

I just purchased a fairly cheap mouse (Etekcity Scroll E1) that doesn't have any available drivers or software to modify buttons, DPI, etc. The mouse has a middle-top button that toggles between 3 different DPI settings and I don't like any of them (either too slow or too fast).

Can I use XMouse to change the DPI settings of the mouse? Or do you think it's "hard coded"? If I can't use XMouse, is there any generic Windows software/drivers out there that might be able to change my mouse DPI?

Thank you,

Jan

Here is the link to the mouse web page:
phil
Site Admin

Re: Can I Use XMouse Control To Change My Mouse DPI?

Post by phil »

Sorry but X,BC cant do this. This is a function either hard wired in the mouse or control by the mouse driver (if you had a special driver supplied with the mouse).

XMBC works at a higher (USER) level and intercepts/remaps generic windows messages. Other than software supplied with the mouse (such as logitech's setpoint - for some logitech mice), I dont know of any utilities that can make changes to this setting.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
sap7772000x
New User

Post by sap7772000x »

:shock: that was the main reason for installing your software, hoping that I could change the DPI: in shooter games after zoom + aim it makes a lot of sense to reduce the DPI in order to lock the target faster and accurately... no disrespect intended here, I understand how that works.
Thank you and keep up the good work, maybe someday some hacker will fix that, too.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

You can change the sensitivity (cursor speed) but DPI is hardware related - that is some mice can switch DPI in hardware - they have a special button to do so. Its possible some mice can even do it via software - but then that would be mouse (and mouse driver) specific.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
xAuto
New User

Post by xAuto »

Like Phil said, there are mice that do this. One that I know if is the Logitech G502 has buttons that change DPI settings. Highly recommend it. For serious gaming, an upgraded mouse with more buttons may be a better option. The Logitech driver interface is also very intriguing and customizable.
BriHecato
Dedicated

Post by BriHecato »

You can try to override mouse speed in newest beta of XMBC or in windows mouse settings.

@xAuto : G502 proteus spectrum - to heavy for use, bad scroll, tilt doesn;t work without logitech drivers, bad shape. Just my opinion, i've sold this mouse after a month - look for shogunbros.com/commander/ballista-mk-1
Let the PC do the hard work = AHK + C# + HTML/CSS/JS + XMBC + Clavier+ + AutoLisp + VBA/OOB