Writing to Windows Folder

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phatman
New User

Writing to Windows Folder

Post by phatman »

Is there anyway that the XMouse Installer can be persuaded not to write to the Windows Folder.

Basically am trying to install without admin rights and installer is failing on a write to the windows folder.

Great alternative would be a portable version :D (if possible).

Thanks

Phat
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Urm, I thought it only writes to the program files folder not the windows folder... but either way...

I believe its just the installation.. .and actually you don't \"need\" that you could just copy the EXE and DLL file from a machine that you installed on and run them from anywhere... That should work...

But I cant change the installation easily AFAIK - it's really basic using visual studio setup & deployment and I don't get all that much control over it.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phatman
New User

Will Give it a try.

Post by phatman »

Phil,

Thanks mate - will give it a try - I usually just try copying the program folder to my USB Drive for apps that aren't specifically portable and then just seeing if they work.

I think I just assumed that as XMouse was writing to the Windows folder this wouldn't work ?

Thanks for the quick response.

Andy
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

hehe... should be fine... I have no idea what its writing to the windows folder though - maybe its the uninstall MSI or something :oops:
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)