XMBC 2.8 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

XMBC 2.8 Beta

Post by phil »

OK, I have begun the next beta phase with XMBC v2.8 Beta 1.

You can get the beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.7:
  • #223 - Fixed bug that caused run application to fail silently on Vista and later.
  • #222 - Add option to check for new beta versions from release version (note: a beta version will always check for new beta's)
  • #221 - Add regular expression search for window titles, process names and class names - allows wildcard matching.
  • #198 - Add ability to make window title specific profiles.
  • #185 - Add actions to dim/brighten the screen.
The custom window profile now allows matching by window title/caption - however this does tend to make XMBC a little more resource hungry (probably not noticeable but let me know if its problematic).

You can also match using regular expressions now, turn it on and make sure your process name, caption, class and parent class strings are parsable by a regular expression engine - for example replay '.' with '\.' and for wildcards, use .* (for any number of any character). See here for help constructing regular expression matches http://www.regular-expressions.info/ or google it :)

Again, regex may slow it down a little bit but I hope its not noticeable!

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC 2.8 Beta

Post by phil »

Here is 2.8 Beta 2.

You can get the beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.8 Beta 1:
  • #225 - Fixed Bug in movement to scroll in Metro apps. Now all input is sent/simulated from a separate thread to prevent blocking. This means all simulated key "in another thread" options are redundant as every method sends from a separate thread!
This is a significant change to the way simulated keys and mouse movement is sent, it seems to be working nicely here but please let me know if you notice any problems. As it says above, all simulated input is now sent from a separate thread so as not to block the mouse messages if something goes wrong (esp. with METRO apps). Therefore simulated keystrokes methods 4 and 5 are no different to 1 and 2 (but I left the options for now so as not to cause confusion/upgrade/downgrade hassles!).

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

And here is 2.8 Beta 3.

Changes since v2.8 Beta 2:
  • #221 - Added ability to target regions (quadrants) in window specific profiles, allowing you to have multiple profiles for one window, depending where the cursor is (top left, bottom right etc.).
    Useful for full screen apps and touch screens where you can configure the touch (left click) differently for different areas.
For the translators, the language template has been updated with 3 new strings:

Code: Select all

"Window Regions" => ""
"Activate the profile only if the cursor is over the selected areas of the window." => ""
"You must define at least one window region!" => ""

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Whoops! Major bug in 2.8 Beta 3 - causing application profiles not to be found unless you enabled the new window quadrant searching!

I will fix immediately and push out beta 4!
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

And here is 2.8 Beta 4.

Changes since v2.8 Beta 3:
  • #221 - Fixed the bug in 2.8b3 causing profiles not to be found!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Time for 2.8 Beta 5.

Changes since v2.8 Beta 4:
  • #229 - Fixed a bug causing XMBC to fail to detect the correct window on High DPI screens after Windows 8.1 Update KB2962409

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
hornet77e
New User

Post by hornet77e »

Hey Hello again,

very cool new feature with the windows caption :)
Really i often missied it,....
Now you do it ust great:)

One thing i found out:
The function "Run Application" doesn't work anymore witht parameters. In 2.7 Offical Release works.
In 2.8 Beta5 Error message wrong path. Back to 2.7 ok.
(i used it for VirtuaWin to change desktop:..\virtuawin.exe -msg 10xx xxx)

Thank you again for your this great program
hornet
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Thanks, I will take a look.
It doesn't work in v2.7 for me - which is why I changed it lol. I think it may have been OS dependant!
--[ Phil ]--
argarland
New User

Post by argarland »

I've tried v2.7 and now v2.8 beta5. Neither Tilt Wheel Left nor Tilt Wheel Right work for me.

I have tried to set Tilt Wheel Left = Scroll Window Left, as well as Mouse Wheel Tilt Left. But in applications such as Excel, there is no motion left (or right, with Tilt Wheel Right).

I am running Windows 7 64-bit, and am having problems in:

Excel 2010, Word 2010, Foxit PDF Reader, at least.

It appears to work in Internet Explorer v. 10, Firefox, and Chrome.

ALSO, is there any way to modify the scrolling speed??

Thank you,
rgarland :|
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Unfortunately the tilt wheel is very dependant on the application you are using. because tilt is relatively new, some applications dont respond to it at all, while others do strange things with it.

It is possible to get excel and others working but only by changing the scroll method on the scrolling and navigation tab (how the scroll is sent) for an excel specific profile. I cant remember which option to choose off the top of my head.

Likewise, due to the way the tilt button works (it does not send a down and up message like a regular button, instead it sends a repeated tilt message. The mouse determines the speed of this repeat and they all seem to be different. You can change the tilt "characters" in the scrolling and navigation tab, when using different scroll methods but that's about it I'm afraid..

Thanks,
Phil

Thanks,
Phil

ps. is BOLD broken!?!
--[ Phil ]--
argarland
New User

Post by argarland »

I know the tilt wheel function is problematic, especially for Logitech mice. I love logitech mice. But I HATE the logitech software. It seems to constantly interfere with Windows' built in mouse controls, and I routinely need to reset things like how many lines to scroll up and down, whenever I reboot.

I'm using an old copy of their software, v6.15, along with X-Mouse, now. v6.15 DOES enable horizontal scrolling in Excel and Word. If you could only figure out how THEY do it, and incorporate that into X-Mouse, I'd drop the Logitech sw in a second! ...

Perhaps wishful thinking.

Regards,
argarland
:o
Robert2
New User

Post by Robert2 »

I am using X-Mouse Button Control 2.8 beta 5. I was using X-Mouse Button Control 2.7 previously. The problem is the same. When X-Mouse Button Control is active, and I move the mouse over any window, the focus is automatically switched to the window under the mouse cursor. This is not happening when X-Mouse Button Control is inactive.
When X-Mouse Button Control is active, this automatic change of focus is happening irrespective of whether “Make scroll wheel scroll window under cursor” and “Activate window when scrolling” are ON or OFF.

This is on x64 Windows 8.1 with all Updates.
The mouse is the “Revoltec Wired Mouse W102” (revoltec_dot_com/volumes/PDM/_products/re132/re132_db_en.pdf).
Thanks for any help.
Robert2
New User

Post by Robert2 »

I have found why the windows became automatically activated under the mouse cursor on my system. This had nothing to do with X-Mouse Button Control.
The Windows 8 Control Panel > Ease of Access> "Change How Your Mouse Works" options include "Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse".
I have unchecked that option.
Problem solved!
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Time for 2.8 Beta 6.

Changes since v2.8 Beta 5:
  • #233 - Added ability to switch primary and secondary mouse buttons per application profile.
  • #232 - Added option to force layer button actions to revert to layer one rather than the previous layer.
  • #229 - Reworked fix in beta 5 to be more accurate (if a little slower?).
  • #228 - Added ability to automatically transition to a specified layer when the layer changes.
There are some new translations for this release so if you have made a translation language pack, please update it (see the translation thread for details).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hot on the heels of 2.8 Beta 6.... Here is 2.8 Beta 7!

Changes since v2.8 Beta 6:
  • #236 - Added up/down buttons to re-order the profile list. Also added import and export buttons.
  • #235 - Fixed crash when log folder or settings folder can not be found.
Once again, there are some new translations for this release so if you have made a translation language pack, please update it (see the translation thread for details).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--