Problem CoD2 and x-mouse button control

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
dzole
New User

Problem CoD2 and x-mouse button control

Post by dzole »

Hello. I have problem with x-mouse button control.
It works on all programs and games perfectly (for example CoD4 Modern Warfare) except Call of Duty 2, I tried everything, I even reinstall the game changed the game cfg but it was all for nothing. None of my friends have never had similar problems with that, especially in CoD2... Please help me!

My configuration
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
AMD Athlon LE-1640 2,6GHz
RAM 2GB
GPU 1GB MSI HD6450
ASRock N68C-GS FX

Keyboard - Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard 1.0A
Mouses - 9D Sword Master X9 2400DPI Optical Gaming Mouse and Simple MS Optical Mouse
phil
Site Admin

Re: Problem CoD2 and x-mouse button control

Post by phil »

Hi,

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to help (I don't have any Call of Duty games on my PC which might make debugging awkward) - but do I understand correctly that friends are successfully using XMBC in Call of Duty 2? If that is the case, then I don't know why it wouldn't work for you, but there are several things to try....

What have you configured you buttons to do (and is there anything special compared to your friends usage)?
If you are simulating keystrokes, have you tried all the methods, have you tried adding {waitms:50} or similar to see if adding a delay makes any difference?

I would suggest that you turn on debug logging (advanced settings and be sure to OK and apply on the main screen) and then launch CoD2 and press a few buttons. Then you can go back in to XMBC, turn off debug logging and send me the log.

Out of interest (and I doubt this will make a difference for Call of Duty) but what OS's are your friends using (x86 or x64?) the reason I ask is that there was one web based game that was blocking XMBC when running under x86 but not under x64.

Thanks,
Phil

PS. For future reference, please use the XMBC forum for XMBC questions :) (I've moved this post to the right place for you).
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
dzole
New User

Post by dzole »

That is correct, my friends are successfully
using XMBC in Call of Duty 2, they all are confused and they never heard about my problem, I try to google it but no one have ever mentioned problem with cod2.
In cod2, XMBC is used most for semi-automatic guns, to shoot fast rate bullets (like automatic guns) while mouse left button is down, so I want that, I know how to do that, I'm using that in CoD4 and I try with different delay of reapet, but on cod2 xmbc is like blocked or somewhat.
I checked Log file and everything seems ok, no errors or failed actions. I'll send it to you with sreanshoots when I come to home. My friends are using xp, w7 ultimate 32 and 64 bit, so I even try to disable w7 aero theme and other things in properties of cod2 and try to run on windows xp service packs 2, and 3 so i dont know what I can do more. Meybe this is the god punishment because I startet to svear harad while playing.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Well this is going to be a tricky one.

As I said before, if it works for others, there is little reason it should not work for you. Sometimes XMBC sends keys too quickly so the game ignores them - thats why I suggested perhaps putting a very small delay in there.

The log file might not be any use because if it actually sends the keys, it wont be able to tell us if they were received or not. But send it anyway - you never know, and I might be able to suggest a different sending method or some delays to try.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
dzole
New User

Post by dzole »

Here are screenshoots and log file... I first removed existed profiles then added it again, then first opened CoD4 (it works) than opened CoD2 (it doesen't works). I used same profile settings of Layer 1 to both games, all friends have that settings. Delay time is set to 10 on screenshoot but I try it in range from 1 to 1000 xd :cry: :shock:

http://speedy.sh/NuSvr/XMBC.rar
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK I'll take a look when I get home from work. I fixed the URL for you (you can post links after you have made 4 or 5 posts - so you must be close now :)).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
dzole
New User

Post by dzole »

I fixed the problem... I founded that CoD2 on my PC, for some reason, runs itself as an administrator after installation, so on xmbc properties I'm just simple enabled ''Run this program as an administrator'' and everything worked as it should XD :hide:
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

That's good but it is also odd. Are you running the portable version? If not then XMBC should run as a UI app that should be able to interact with admin and non admin processes!

Thanks
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
dzole
New User

Post by dzole »

I first runned normal version (not portable) and I runned installation exe as administrator (right click/Run as administrator) but that was not been solution. I try it with portable version later and runned as administrator but that was not been solution also. I talk with my friends and they didn't even run it as an administrator like I do (by right click/Run as administrator) not to mentioning that they enabled ''run as an administartor'' on properties of XMBC xd. But on the end it does not realy matter, my PC is the guilty one and I am happy that I have finally solved that strange problem.
By the way your program Rocks! Thanks to the kindness and I wish you all the best in future. bb
:cheers:
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Well it does not make sense, but as you say, if your problem is fixed then all is good.
I'm glad you find XMBC useful :)
--[ Phil ]--
x1104471081
New User

Post by x1104471081 »

thank u