auto-copying

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Firstly, oops, it looks like I deleted an accoutn that was really being used (I apologise for that - Ive had so much trouble with spam bots, I occasionally go on the rampage and delete accounts - and I got rid of some genuine ones it seems)...

Anyway, I like this idea of the auto copy on selection but I can see problems implementing it... I will have a think about it and see what I can so, but it wont be in 1.35...

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
WGSchalk
New User

Re: auto-copying

Post by WGSchalk »

Hello!

Well, this thread looks dead...
I found it because I wanted to post a feature-request and searched for "autocopy".
An optional Autocopy-function in XMBC would be so great!
There are some programs that have Autocopy-function, but I haven't found one with an option to work only for certain windows or programs.
Of course I already use XMBC with settings to copy and paste with certain mousebuttons, it's set in the default Profile.
But sometimes I do a lot of text-copy&paste, and that's when I would like to have an autocopy-function - but not in all programs or all application-windows, because it can be a mess sometimes.
I already have a lot of Application-/Window-Profiles set in XMBC.
An option to activate/deactivate an Autocopy-function for each Application-/Window-Profile would be exactly what I am looking for.

Is there any chance for this feature in XMBC?

Please!

WG-Schalk
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I believe its been on the todo list for over 10 years - that might give you some idea of how likely it is!

I wouldn't want to get your hopes up, I'm afraid I'm going to have to stop or cut down on XMBC for health and life reasons... So I cant make any promises. I haven't touched it since March (not so much as a beta). I might get a bit of time over Xmas (thats my usual working on XMBC time) and as we cant do much else this year, there is a chance but I certainly can't promise anything - and there is a priority list of things and at the moment this isn't all that high on that list :(
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
gargvarun041
New User

Post by gargvarun041 »

I'm with ronaldjeremy. I'm also looking for such an application that can automagically copy selected text, however which doesn't brake the ability to use middle-button under e.g. Firefox simultaneously.