sometimes irresponsive, v2.6.2

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
riow

sometimes irresponsive, v2.6.2

Post by riow »

I'm simulating Chrome browser {CTRL}{TAB} and {SHIFT}{CTRL}{TAB} to the mouse button 5 and 4 respectively which worked properly in the old X-mouse version 2.5. However since I upgraded to 2.6.2, they're sometimes irresponsive. I'm thinking of returning back to v2.5.
phil
Site Admin

Re: sometimes irresponsive, v2.6.2

Post by phil »

What languages do you have installed?
Before you go back to 2.5, can you try 2.7 beta 2 and tell me if that fixes it, else I will have to think some more, and request some debug logging.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
riow

Post by riow »

English.

Just tried 2.5 which works properly and easily.

Now I installed 2.7 beta. A software is not working properly. After reselecting the setting without modifying things but just click to re-save the profile for the software, the software now works fine.

Please offer Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab for easy configuration of many softwares.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Personally I don't think adding CTRL+TAB and CTRL+SHIFT+TAB as drop-down options is a good idea. If I were to add all these separately the drop down list would become even more unmanageable. That is what simulated keystrokes is for and the same thing would happen behind the scenes anyway.

Regarding the "not working" bit, is there anything interesting in the log file? How often does this happen? Normally opening settings and applying them causes the hook to be reset which might suggest the hook is being disabled by Windows or another program, or is simply timing out (I doubt that unless you have any simulated keystrokes with long delays in them!). So the log file might be useful, and it might be necessary to turn on debug logging and see if you can capture an example of it becoming unresponsive.

Actually, it would be good to know exactly what you mean by unresponsive? Does the mouse lock up? Does the button mapping not happen (and the default behaviour happens instead), does it work eventually or not at all?
What buttons have you mapped to the actions? Is the action on a specific profile or default? So many questions (sorry)!

Just to confirm, when I asked what languages, I meant what keyboard layouts and language pack do you have installed in Windows, not XMBC :)

I want to get 2.7 out ASAP because of the language bugs (that this appears not to be related to) so any assistance in debugging the problem will mean that perhaps I can sort this problem out too.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
riow

Post by riow »

v2.7 beta is working almost properly now. I just came across once a tab in Chrome doesn't respond correctly which turned Ctrl+Shift+Tab mapped button to be Backspace. I didn't installed any keystroke mapping software in the computer. There's no problem in v2.5. Unresponsive means no response to the mapped buttons. The buttons I mapped were mentioned before which are Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab on button 5 and 4 respectively for some software such as Chrome, XNView, Foxit Reader, etc. Default contains Ctrl+Shift+Tab on mid mouse button which I won't use due to mouse hardware failure at mid mouse button.

Actually I will go back to v2.5.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK, I dont understand why 2.5 works so much better - and clearly I would like to fix that. And the main change in 2.7b2 is to fix a bug with non English keyboard layouts, so again, I struggle to see how 2.7b2 could be any better than 2.6 :(

In 2.6 the main difference was language related, and support for windows 8 which uses a new way of starting XMBC and support for extra actions. I dont think the way XMBC is started will have a significant impact but I cant rule it out. There were also some minor changes to the way it detects the window under the cursor - I wonder if something there is causing it to reverting to the default profile when over certain parts of the window?!

I dont suppose you managed to capture any debug log around the point that it failed? That would at least tell me what profile was being used when you pressed the button.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--