scroll window under cursor - breaks in Process Explorer

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
lee321987
New User

scroll window under cursor - breaks in Process Explorer

Post by lee321987 »

Settings > General > Make scroll wheel scroll window under cursor
isn't working right (I hope) with the program "Process Explorer" from Sysinternals.

What happens is if you pause over an item that pops-up a little info window (tooltip?) directly under the cursor then the scroll wheel no longer works, until you move the cursor completely out of the tooltip (where hopefully another tooltip doesn't pop-up from the next column).

To reproduce in PE just resize any column (EXCEPT the "Process" column) so that it is too skinny to show all the info for some process, hover your mouse over that info, the tooltip pops-up, now the scroll wheel has no effect.
(The "Process" column doesn't pop-up directly under the mouse, so no problem)

Example in attachment.

Thanks for the GREAT program!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
phil
Site Admin

Re: scroll window under cursor - breaks in Process Explorer

Post by phil »

Thanks for that - I thought I had excluded tooltip classes from the check but it must use a different window class.

I will add it to the bug list :)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
MainTrane
Dedicated

Post by MainTrane »

I've also been experiencing broken scrolls in Directory Opus (v9.5.6) recently. Don't believe it has anything to do with tooltips though, scrolling just randomly stops being received until I click on the window.

A couple of other scroll related issues have also popped up recently. When using the 'activate window when scrolling' option, windows start warning and blinking in the taskbar; this is distracting because the taskbar is hidden and pops into view until I manually activate the window (mostly I have to bring up the standard window menu, not the jump list, to get rid of the warning status).

Lastly, XMBC's hot tracking (you know the red highlight for profiles) is partially broken in the latest builds. Scrolling seems to be a definite way to break it once the settings window is opened.

• Beta Tester ‖ Global Moderator
    Logitech [ G700 | G500 | MX1100 ᵛ¹ ᵛ² ]
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    Intel Core i7-960 @ 3.85GHz
    18GB (3x4GB+3x2GB) RAM
    DirectX 11
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
[/size]
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

MainTrane wrote:I've also been experiencing broken scrolls in Directory Opus (v9.5.6) recently. Don't believe it has anything to do with tooltips though, scrolling just randomly stops being received until I click on the window.

A couple of other scroll related issues have also popped up recently. When using the 'activate window when scrolling' option, windows start warning and blinking in the taskbar; this is distracting because the taskbar is hidden and pops into view until I manually activate the window (mostly I have to bring up the standard window menu, not the jump list, to get rid of the warning status).

Lastly, XMBC's hot tracking (you know the red highlight for profiles) is partially broken in the latest builds. Scrolling seems to be a definite way to break it once the settings window is opened.
Naughty naughty - getting in on someone else's bug :)

The scrolling in process explorer IS because the tooltip is the top most active window so the scroll messages get sent to it. XMBc has code to deal with this but clearly its not up to scratch for these particular tooltips - it will be fixed in the next release (i.e.Ive already fixed it :)) but we will need to check other tooltips etc.

MainTrane I will talk to you about the other problems - more detail is needed but this thread is not the place for it ;)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
MainTrane
Dedicated

Post by MainTrane »

As it turns out, the scrolling issue in DOpus9 was the same as lee's :oops: , gone in beta 2.7 :D
The failing highlight for the active profile must have been related to this scrolling issue; as it doesn't occur in the latest betas.

I'll create a separate topic on the 'activate window when scrolling' issue.