Bug Report (Buttons disabled for other windows)

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
swordedge
New User

Re: Bug Report (Buttons disabled for other windows)

Post by swordedge »

here are the settings I had, maya & fallout were just diabled for all buttons

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hi,

I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to say?
All other windows except the Maya.exe and fallout3.exe apps do not work - or your settings don't work in Maya and fallout3?

As reported elsewhere here, many games block applications like xmouse to prevent cheating (although xmouse is not a cheat, the techniques it uses are widely used by trainers etc. to gain an advantage - and many multiplayer games therefore block the injected mouse/keyboard messages). I suspect this is the problem you are having, and if so, there is little that can be done about it (as far as I know).

If this is not the problem you are reporting then please let me know and try and give a little more information.

I'm rather busy at work this week so I wont be around much to answer questions quickly. Also my internet connection is apparently going to be down for a few hours from 12:05am Thursday (8 mins from now) so this site and I may be out of touch for a while - I guess a nice early night for me :)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Ahh sorry, forget my last post. I missed the message before the screenshot because it was on another page.
I will try and look at it tomorrow - but have you tried 1.39.2 yet as it may automatically fix the problems and if not, I will try and investigate it this weekend if I have time.

Funny, again it seems this is related to foobar. The code has some foobar specific settings but it seems this time it is truly foobar'd - what an appropriate application name! I guess its time for me to install that again and see if I can reproduce the problem!

I will try and get some useful (optional) logging into the next version too.

Many thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK I've added a debug option to 1.39.3
If you want to give it a try, let me know and I will take you through the instructions... But...

Close XMBC by right clicking the icon and saying exit.
Open an elevated command prompt (if available - if not a non-elevated one might be OK).
Navigate to the XMBC installation folder ( cd \Program Files\Highresolution Enterprises\X-Mouse Button Control )
Run XMBC with the /debug switch (XMouseButtonControl /debug)

It will create a XMBChook.log file in the common Application Data folder (in vista this is C:\ProgramData - In XP its somewhere under c:\documents and settings but I cant remember precisely where).

The log file is not closed until either XMBC is exited or the settings window open and closed (at which point the file is flushed and reopened) so best bet, when your donw testing, close xmbc, zip the log file and email it to me.

Don't use the /debug switch by default, only when debugging, because it will be slow!

Maybe with this we can see what is going wrong.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

If anyone still has this problem in 1.42 please let me know.
I have added much better logging so diagnosis should be a lot easier.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Lowrez

Post by Lowrez »

I have this problem as well. Sometimes I can go days without having it. But today, it's in full force.

It's beyond aggravating. (Sorry, it is.) When trying to post this message, I kept finding that I couldn't click links in Firefox. I'd minimize and restore the Firefox window, and then links would work--one time. Then they wouldn't work again.

Sometimes a (very) temporary fix is to close XMBC. Sometimes it's closing and restarting XMBC.

I can't find a way to reproduce it reliably. I just changed all my XMBC settings and it hasn't helped.

Currently using 1.44 on WinXP Pro SP3.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Please send me a debug log file of this problem (you can enable logging on the main setup screen). I went to some effort to add debugging to the application because of this problem. so now more than every, its not much use just saying "it does not work" without supplying some log snippets.

I understand its not always easy to reproduce, and quite frankly, thats what makes it difficult to debug and diagnose (because its not something I have ever suffered from its difficult to know if I a) know what the problem is, b) fixed it successfully.

Of course, there is also no guarantee that the log will help much. But its a better starting pint than no

If closing XMBC only sometimes fixes it, does that mean sometimes closing XMBC does *not* fix it?

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Lowrez

Post by Lowrez »

I just had this problem again. Closing XBMC does not fix it. Even logging off and back on hasn't fixed it.

I enabled debug logging, but... Where is the log? I searched my entire drive and sorted on "modified date/time", yet I see nothing.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hi,

If you enable debugging the log file can be opened by right clicking the XMBC icon (in the system tray) and selecting "Open log file"

Alternatively, by default you should find it in your user profile...
On Vista it would be in <system drive>:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Highresolution Enterprises\XMouseButtonControl

On XP it will be somewhere under "Documents and Settings\<username>\"

Search for XMouseButtonControl.log if you struggle further.

Having said all of that, if closing XMBC does not fix it, I don't really see how it can be an XMBC problem. Unless it is somehow "tricking" the system into thinking a button is stuck or something...

I await the log but this sounds more and more like its going to be near impossible to find :(
Thanks, Phil
--[ Phil ]--