Click-Drag feature...

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
kellymic
New User

Click-Drag feature...

Post by kellymic »

I would like to suggest a Click-Drag feature for XMouse (Click button and it stays pressed until clicked again).

I use a Kensingtom Expert Mouse, which is actually a large trackball with 4-Buttons. I use xp x64 & Vista for work and Kensington says they have discontinued their driver development. Even though on their website the put a Vista certified logo on the product.

The reason I use this track-ball is that I am physically disabled and click-drag is essential for me. I'm stuck using vista & xp x64 via RDP. This really limits my working ability. I email Kensington once a week but no luck, they simply don't care about existing users problems with Vista.

Good news is I found I can install MS IntelloPoint software then XMouse can remap my buttons! I have them all remapped as need minus the Click-Drag. I would be happy to make a decent donation for the ability to do this!

XMouse is perfect ( all most :) ) and really hope this is something you will consider adding.

Thank-you,
Kelly Michels
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hi Kelly,

I like the idea, it certainly will have its uses. I will have a look and see if it is possible in the current code base of XMouse (which is now a little in need of repair).

Please don't expect miracles in the next few days as I have just returned from vacation and I rather snowed under right now
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
kellymic
New User

Post by kellymic »

Great, I really hope it is possible! I have a quadcore system just basically sitting there till I can find a solution. I'm not really willing to run XP x32 either!

Just to clarify, a Click drag for Click, R-Click, and Middle click would be preferred.

Thank-you!
Kelly
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Let me get this straight before I try and make any changes...

You want the ability to do this for all 3 primary buttons (left right and middle)
A bit like \"sticky keys\" in that the mouse down (click) registers but the mouse up does nothing. the second mouse down does nothing and the second mouse up does a mouse up....

Esentially causing the first click (and release) to just do a \"DOWN\" and the second click and release to to an \"UP\".

And this option to be available for all buttons, but to always send a left click messeage, whatever button it is assigned to?

Does that make sense (and sound right)?

It might be a little tricky to get right! :)
--[ Phil ]--
kellymic
New User

Post by kellymic »

Yes, ignore first up and ignore 2nd down would. Anyway I can hit my button once and it stays down till pressed again works. Windows has a built in Click-Drag features in Accesability options but its only activated by holding the button down for X amount of time. Not sure if you could use that hook some way.

But anyway that it stays down when clicked then releases when clicked again works. :)

Kelly
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK, I've done this in version 1.33 check it out and let me know if its what you meant.

Edit. Found a bug.. I will fix it now :)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
kellymic
New User

Post by kellymic »

Awesome! Will wait for bug fix though :)

THANK-YOU!
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK, bugs fixed I hope :)

Download v1.33 from my site now and give it a go.
Let me know if it works - it seems to be working here :)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
kellymic
New User

Post by kellymic »

So far so good!

I am seeing a programming buttons bug and will run it down. It may have just been from trying to do it in RDP though.

I'm a QE for a big software company and will run it down & post a report if needed.

Again thanks! Off to get XP x64 configured now and Vista Ultimate.

On a side note, do you run Visual Studio under Vista, any problems if so?

Kelly
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK, any problems let me know - I have to admit to not spending a huge amount of effort in quality control - its not my strongest skill :)

Generally I use XMouse in RDP quite a bit - at both ends.. I have found that RDP will not pick-up the custom mappings from the local end and apply them to the remote end - I think because RDP client hooks the mouse at a lower level that I can. What I do, is setup the local XMouse application specific for mstsc.exe to do Nothing (don't intercept) for all buttons, then I just setup XMouse on the remote end and let it works its magic there. Generally that works but I havnt tried the new click-drag that way yet.

Eventually I want to be able to have multiple profiles, one that will be enabled only when running on an RDP connections.. I know how to detect running in RDP now hence the \"Swap 4th and 5th buttons\" option, so all that is left is to do the profiles.. but that's a bit big, mainly because of all the GUI changes - and the challenge to keep XMouse small and simple :)

At home I'm using Vista 32bit with Visual Studio 2005 SP1 with no problems. There are some issues with older versions - I use VS2003 quite a lot still at work and had some issues with Vista but then I'm still using XP at work generally.
--[ Phil ]--