Sugestions for the program

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Max
New User

Sugestions for the program

Post by Max »

Hello Phil and all on this forum.
I've tested the X-MOUSE for some time and have some sugestions that can maybe useful for all.
One thing is the addition for customize the Mouse Wheel, for UP and Down directions.
The addition of {SPACE} key will be useful in lots of graphics apps, this apps use combination hold SPACE and click and drag LMB to move the canvas, and this can be customized for any mouse button like others commands.
The addition of a paramets KEYDOWN, and KEYUP, like in example, {SHIFTDOWN}{CTRLDOWN}{F10}{SHIFTUP}{CTRLUP}.
An addiction of a \"WAIT\" command for make combination with clicks and \"pause\" determined time and goes to next command, like this {SHIFTDOWN}{CTRLDOWN}{WAIT2}{LMB}{SHIFTUP}{CTRLUP}, in this case WAIT2 the number 2 is the time for next key sequence.
This is some ideias, i don't know if the is applicable or implementable or not. I've no experience in any language programation, maybe this can be do or not, anyway...
Is that. I Hope all that is be useful for you and the users of this EXCELLENT PROGRAM called X-MOUSE BUTTON CONTROL.
Thanks for attention and sorry for my bad english. All the best. See ya.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hi Max,

Thanks for the ideas - they sound like good ones on first impression...
However, Im a little confused about the {SPACE} because you can already just add a space to the edit box...

For example, if you type in to the box 'a b' (withouth the quote) the keys sent would be a space b.

I'm planning on trying to introduce profiles, to allow you to have different profiles, say for example, if your working with the desktop over a remote desktop connection you may want to do different actions (I know I do!)

So I will consider your suggestions when I get round to working on the next version (no promises about time, because Im busy doing other things right now like redecorating my house hehe)

Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Max
New User

Space

Post by Max »

Hello Phil.
Is too good that you have interest in my suggestions.
About the {SPACE} key, i will try to explain better.
Like you talk, the space is already in program in SIMULATED KEYSTROKES, yes is true, but only send a keystroke like 'abc def' makes abc space def, but i think to use in other way. I imagine its work like EXTENDED KEY, like does SHIFT, CONTROL or ALT for example.
In some programs, specially in graphic editors, some combinations of keys make things with combination, like this '{CTRL}{SHIFT}{LMB}' with click this combination and DRAG MOUSE to Left or to the Right make change brush size or something like that. In example case all the keys and button still HOLDS DOWN until the button is released.
Almost all GRAPHIC EDITORS, have one combination with the {SPACE} key is it {SPACE}{LMB} makes the canvas move around until those keys is released, in others terms, CLICK AND HOLD {SPACE} then CLICK AND HOLD {LMB} and drag the mouse in all positions to move the canvas, and then release the keys stops this conditions.
Like you talk about the space is already there but not in this condition like i explain.
In others words , the need is include the {SPACE} key to act as EXTENDED KEY, like others keys in this condition does CLICK AND HOLD {KEY} and maintain PRESSED until the button is released.
Is it, if you no comprehended with this explanation i can make one VIDEO to show whats i try to explain.
Let me know if you have difficulty to comprehended my words, english is not my first language.
Thanks for SPEED REPLY, sorry for my bad ENGLISH and good luck to you with the redecoration of your house. All the best. See ya.

Max
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK, I got you :)

I think I can do that quite easily - I will add it to the to-do list.
Maybe I can get something done this weekend. I'll post here when I've made the change.
--[ Phil ]--
Max
New User

Ok

Post by Max »

Ok my friend, i'm happy that you understand my words. :D
I will follow your work in development of the program.
Thank you for your attention, and good lucky with your projects!
If i have some new ideas, i will report to you. :wink:
All the best to you. See ya.

Max
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

This week I released version 1.31

It includes the {SPACE} key and also an option in the main list of functions to show the windows vista sidebar.

Work has been (and will probably continue to be) rather slow as I've been busy doing other things away from my computer!

Let me know if its what you wanted (the space option).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--