Saving Settings for different programs

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
imdadathome
New User

Saving Settings for different programs

Post by imdadathome »

Hi everyone, I have recently discovered x- mouse buttton control to run my mercury 5 button mouse on win xp home. I do like the functions especially the simulated keystrokes. I would like to be able to save my settings for corel draw 11 and different settings for web brousing. I have noticed the Application Specific Settings tick box but don't know what to do with it. Can I use this to save settings?

Looking forward to a solution .......D.R
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hi imdadathome,

Glad you like X-Mouse.

You right that the \"Application specific\" option allows you to set-up and save the actions for specific applications.

All you have to do is tick the application specific box which shows a list as well as an add and remove button.

Press the ADD button and it asks you to select the application executable you want to store settings for. All you have to put in there is the EXE file name of the application. You can use the browse dialogue to help find the .EXE file.

For example, if you want specific settings for firefox, you just need to type in (or browse to) \"firefox.exe\" and hit \"Open\".

This will add the exe to the list of specific applications.
Then you can select that application exe in the list, and configure the actions for that application as you would normally configure the actions using the drop down boxes for each button.

I hope that is enough information for you to get going. If not, let me know.
Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
imdadathome
New User

Post by imdadathome »

Hi Phil, thanks for your swift reply. Iv'e got the hang of it now, brilliant, so fast and effective. I was missing the delete function but i'll cope with that, unless I get a 9 button mouse.....cheers.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hi,

I'm glad you figured it out.

I'm not sure what you mean \"Missing the delete function\"? Is that something I can add to XMouse or something on your mouse?

I have a 8 button Logitech mouse (MX518), but I cant get buttons 6, 7 and 8 working no matter how hard I try :( it seems that the mouse itself does not generate windows messages for buttons >5 which is a real pain. Thats why the XMouse dialog only supports 5 buttons.

There is a mouse, called OfficeMouse (I can't remember who makes it) but it has 6 buttons that can be made to work (I made a special version of XMouse that I havnt published)

Anyway, enjoy the software :)
Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)