X-Mouse locking up key presses

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
tytalus
New User

X-Mouse locking up key presses

Post by tytalus »

Hi Phil/group,

I hope you can help me with the following, possibly a continuation of the issue at viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1002:

1) I installed x-mouse
2) I set up a simulated key sequence in Layer 2 for the right mouse button (a series of key presses for a Facebook/Flash game which don't use the RMB anyway - {RIGHT}{LMB}{RIGHT}{LMB}{RIGHT}{LMB}{RIGHT}{LMB}{RIGHT}{LMB}{RIGHT}{LMB}{RIGHT}{LMB})
3) Set up a series of keys to switch between Layers 1 (no key mapping) and Layer 2 (only the right mouse button).
4) Test the sequence in the game appears to work
5) Within seconds of using the function I can't LMB on anything outside of the flash window. I also tested it in MS Word: same fault, will let me LMB click in the Word window, but nowhere else on Windows (X-Mouse panel is still showing LMB clicks).
6) Frantically press the RMB a few times and all of a sudden the Word window goes crazy, but I then get full windows functionallity back.

I'm not the only user of this programme with the game we play (Battle Pirates), but I appear to be the only one having issues.

Any ideas? X-mouse was briefly brilliant and I want to see if I can get it to work so it remains so!

Cheers,

Tytalus.

Relevant System Specs
AMD Phenom 940
Windows 7 - 64bit
Logitech MX 1000 laser mouse (Wireless)