AutoCAD panning

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
petermoltrup
New User

AutoCAD panning

Post by petermoltrup »

Hi guys

I guess this topic must have been discussed in here alot, but i cant seem to find it anywhere.

So here goes.

I have a Logitech M305 mouse. I need to be able to pan within AutoCAD by using the tilt function. I can get X Mouse Button Control (XMBC) to intepret the tilt as a middle mouse button click, but unfortunatly it interpret it as a single click even when i keep tilting. Is there a way i can get XMBC to hold down the middle button while i am tilting? I've tried the sticky middle button, that seems to be working, but not exactly the way it should work i think. I've tried Logitechs own software. I got it to work on some of their previous models, but for some reason they left out the midle button option when tilting on this model. Outrageous!!!!

Please help!

Peter
phil
Site Admin

Re: AutoCAD panning

Post by phil »

Urm, the tile wheel works by sending repeated messages rather than a button down/up message like normal buttons. You might be able to modify the behaviour with SetPoint (some mice can configure the tile in that way) but I dont know.

Right now there is no way to make the tilt behave like a normal button. I'm trying to find a way to do that but its not possible now, and it might not be - its very fiddly and the chances are, whatever I try, may be inaccurate (which when using something like ACad may be a problem)

Sorry I cant be more positive yet, but keep an eye on the new 2.6 beta's to see if I manage it in the future!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
petermoltrup
New User

Post by petermoltrup »

phil wrote:Urm, the tile wheel works by sending repeated messages rather than a button down/up message like normal buttons. You might be able to modify the behaviour with SetPoint (some mice can configure the tile in that way) but I dont know.

Right now there is no way to make the tilt behave like a normal button. I'm trying to find a way to do that but its not possible now, and it might not be - its very fiddly and the chances are, whatever I try, may be inaccurate (which when using something like ACad may be a problem)

Sorry I cant be more positive yet, but keep an eye on the new 2.6 beta's to see if I manage it in the future!

Thanks,
Phil
Thank you for your quick answer. For some reason you can't configure the tilt action to act as middle mouse button in Setpoint on this specific model. It is possible on some of their devices.
x1104471081
New User

Post by x1104471081 »

thank u