Feature Request: Improved "Movement to Scroll"

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
spitfire_ch

Feature Request: Improved "Movement to Scroll"

Post by spitfire_ch »

Hi,

first of all, thank you very much for creating this awesome software that has made my life a lot easier since I started using it - and a happy 2013 :)

If I may add some ideas of possible improvement:
  • • "Change Movment to Scroll" does not really seem to work. It worked briefly, but now I can't get it back working. It will scroll for 1 or 2 seconds and then stop (loose focus)? I tried with and without "sticky".
    • When it was working, I noticed that is was quite hard to scroll straight (using a trackball). A combination with Axis lock might help. Ideally, you could choose "Change Movement to Scroll (with axis lock)". It would change direction once a certain threshold of x:y is crossed.
    • Being able to choose different sensitivity for vertical and horizontal scrolling would be nice (in the "Change Movement to Scroll" mode)
    • You can adjust "Vertical Lines" and "Horizontal characters" in "Advanced Window Scrolling", but not for the default profile
    • It would be nice if different hotkeys could be set in different profiles
    • Possible bug: When setting hotkeys for "Toggle X/Y Axis Lock", it acts like a modifier, not like a toggle (locked only while the hotkeys are pressed.
    • Modifier Keys only work when "Enable global hotkeys" is enabled. Is this as intended?
    • For "Cycle layers by left clicking tray icon" it would be nice if would only cycle through layers that contain any non-default settings. So that, if you only use two layers, you could easily switch between the two without having to cycle through all the layers.
Thank you very much for considering any of the suggestions and kind regards
Pesche
Polisson
New User

Re: Feature Request: Improved "Movement to Scroll"

Post by Polisson »

Hello,

I agree with spitfire_ch but :idea:
I wonder if "Movement to Scroll" was revert option. It could simulate pan scanning.
Apologise for my bad english and thanks.
spitfire_ch

Post by spitfire_ch »

That would be a nice option (inverse or not inverse).

Another thing I just noticed:

When you define modifier keys and then hold them down (e.g.to temporarily activate layer 2) a windows signal is sounded in rapid succession (like bing-bing-bing...) until you release the buttons. This is quite ... disturbing and probably not intended.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Wow a long list - I will look at at a more sensible hour - as for the notice on layer switch you might "fix" that by disabling layer notifications in settings (I'm not sure though)... but I dont get any noises here....

I'm not at home right now so I'd prefer to read the rest in the same location as the code and my development computer - at first glance on a small screen it looks complicated but maybe that is not the case!

If I dont get back to this post in the next few days, ping it :)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
spitfire_ch

Post by spitfire_ch »

Hi, I apologize for the long list. It's not complicated - just looks complicated. Probably because I am not really adept in expressing myself in English.

As for the beeping bug: it's gone. I don't know what it was, maybe some other process that was running on my computer and interfered. But it's gone now :)

Best regards,
Pesche
spitfire_ch

Post by spitfire_ch »

phil wrote: If I dont get back to this post in the next few days, ping it :)
ping :)